Preemptive Wars In The Bible - Page 3 of 4

Yes the new testament teaches more on tolerance - Page 3 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 24th Jun, 2008 - 2:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Did God use Preemptive Wars in Old Testament times as a way to bring other nations under the knees of Israel? What are your thoughts on this method of warfare as it is shown in the Bible?
3rd Dec, 2007 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible - Page 3

That's a great example. Just like Bush is trying to do now by rebuilding and talking about getting along, that's what the Lord wants us to do.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 3rd Dec, 2007 - 3:18pm / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible
A Friend

Bible The Wars Preemptive

JB, I see what your saying, but Israel wiped nations off the map, even killing the children, even when the bible says that nation was peaceful, thats really not the same as what the US has done or anything close to moral in my opinion.

Saved, Bush is trying to rebuild a nation in our image. He attacked a country that didn't attack us. Thats very much like the old testament, but what he did is nothing like what Jesus would have done. You insult the name of Jesus by comparing what Bush is doing to anything about Jesus. Bush is the farthest thing from Jesus I can think of. And Israel didn't rebuild those cities it wiped out. Most of them were completely razed to the ground. How is that like Bush is doing at all?

Rather off topic, but...
Sorry, I shouldn't be discussing Bush in this thread. Lets keep it to the wars in the old testament and keep that sore spot for a more appropriate thread. But I thought it was important enough to at least be able to link it a little to this subject, and I just couldn't let the comment stand without challenge.

3rd Dec, 2007 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible Revealed Bible The

We seem to be having a problem today with people reading too much into my words or adding to what I said. I did not in any instance compare Jesus to Bush, please… give me some credit and read what I said again using the word "Liken" as a basic example of the situation and not the people.

Yes, Israel obliterated life as they were commanded to do and for a purpose. I believe the Lord maybe was trying to prevent what is going on in the Middle East now. Keep in mind that this 'method' was not accepted by MOST of the kings of Israel and the Northern Kingdoms.

17th May, 2008 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Bible The Wars Preemptive

Many interesting things said here but had to go back and reread the question.

These wars were not for no reason. Put yourself in Gods shoes you have a very large number of followers who sinned and now have paid your determined debt. You could chose to hand over lands to them or maybe you are not sure they are completely faith ful to you. So you decide to get them out of the current bondage and show you will provide for them by feeding when they could see no food. Giving water when they could see none. One would think they would be thankful and faithful. But no they were not instead they showed their true colors the Egyptians tainted them. After all did they not rule us and where more powerful by worshiping their gods? So they start doing so very openly. Result complete fury on Gods part so he cleans that mess up and marches them around. They seem to be back in line but lets be sure, tell them to go concur the new lands that are rich in food and wealth but infested with huge heathens that will never come to worship you. This is as good as it gets your flock will prove faithfulness by ridding the lands of those who are painful to your sight. God was fully prepared to give them his strength and blessing in the slaughter. But they lost faith and ran away.

God then waits till they all die, then lets the children try and they had faith. The wars began and great victories were to be had. Invading a land filled with people with complete disregard for God what else is to be done but kill them all and cleanse the land. Who knows what great rewards would have been bestowed on them if they had done with faith all that was asked. Have no doubts at this time the devil is having a field day planting thought in their heads that the bounties should be mine. Maiden to be had and the rest of it.

It is only a modern concept that to win a war is to make compromise and not kill all and leave non standing.

Yes Jesus came to use with a great message of love for those who chose to be faithful. But is he not also the one that is to return leading vasts hosts who will lay complete and under destruction on all those who oppose God? Seems to me like he is coming back to continue that battle that began in the old testament, not start a new one.

As far as old testament law goes most of it was upheld and reinforced by Jesus. The big part that changed was the sacrifice to save your soul. Millions of cattle and sheep bled for that price before Jesus came and placed his blood at our feet to pick up and take to God so we can ask for our salvation. Replacing the need of the priest going into the holy of holies to do so. So the Ten Commandment are still true today as they were the day they where scribed.

So I must ask how does the old testament not apply to modern Christian as it all still stands. The only difference is we must go to Jesus to ask for his blood to show to god for salvation and we no longer need to ask a priest to do it and sacrifice beasts. We can do it on our on when ever a person choses, as we can now talk directly to him.

I do apologies this was long winded.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 17th May, 2008 - 4:25am

18th May, 2008 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Bible The Wars Preemptive

FIRST, the subject is Old Testament war.

international QUOTE
Did God use Preemptive Wars in Old Testament times as a way to bring other nations under the knees of Israel? What are your thoughts on this method of warfare as it is shown in the Bible?

How in the world did President Bush get in on this? The God of the Jews was a gold, silver, and precious stones, hungry war god! When he led the Israelites out of Egypt he detoured around a country that wanted to fight, because he was leading former slaves that had never fought a battle. Then he led them to the Jordan river and ordered them to take the land by force he had promised to "Give" to them so many times. When they were afraid, he ordered them back into the desert until they were more than willing to fight. Pre-emptive war? Surely you jest! He not only ordered them to continue to "Take" cities after they had taken Chanaan, he ordered genocide time, and time again.

18th May, 2008 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible

Genocide indeed, it was the exact point of the whole mission. Kill and remove the sinners from the prime lands that the faithful followers of god should have. tactically a very sound strategy, you know enemies left that will later take the ear of your faithful people and lead them astray. Wrong only in the eyes of those being concurred but is that always the case in war.

have any doubts as to that having been the only way the Israelites would have been able to at least have a chance of having the life God was planning for them. Just look at what happened after when they were not obedient.

God did not intend to bring the other countries under their knees he intended for them to be non existent in that land.

The lands were theirs for the taking through complete faith and obedience, death for them would have been lessened if they would have had more faith. The death of the others even might have been lowered. As the other cities might have just fled if the Israelite would have fought as ordered and not plundered the goods. Cities would have fell unending in vast numbers, fast causing great fear in the remainders. If no mercy had been given to them at some point the citizens of the cities would have fled at seeing the Israelites coming. So perhaps the huge death tolls were not all to blame on God but also on the Israelites themselves for their disobedience and lack of faith.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd Jun, 2008 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars The Bible - Page 3

This is Old Testament ideology, the message now is one of peace. If we live by the sword we will die by the same.

24th Jun, 2008 - 2:32pm / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars The Bible The Bible Revealed - Page 3

Yes the new testament teaches more on tolerance then the old testament, but the topic is why did God order these wars and your thought on the war. I also think the old testament ways are not done as the end times seem to me to describe very much the very same methodology used after the Jews left Egypt.

How does this tie into the Love thine neighbor who is a sinner and hate the sin ideals of the New testament? For me it is pretty clear we are being given a specific time slot where now we go out and try to save the unsaved before he returns to kill them who do not believe. Again when the finial battle starts it will be the same principle applied as at the time of the preemptive wars. Kill all child woman and man. After all they are all still under the same title sinners and unsaved. It is only a mortal I that feels this is wrong.

Look at from this point of a father who has time and time again asked his child to do the right thing and they do not. He concedes ok they did the best they could unhappy about it but still loving. Now takes a different approach and gets us to convert and save the sinner a more loving and gentle approach and looked like it was working until of late. Now the sinner is having more success at converting the saved then the other way around. God had already seen this happening so he gives us a warning in the end all will be destroyed so save thine friends and families. So does he let this continue till none exist or take action and bring an end to the corruption and try on a fresh start for those who are true to him? Yup right back to the same point he tried for in the time of Moses.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Preemptive Wars In The Bible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,