Preemptive Wars In The Bible - Page 2 of 4

QUOTE (Saved) Wait a second, maybe I have - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 29th Nov, 2007 - 11:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Did God use Preemptive Wars in Old Testament times as a way to bring other nations under the knees of Israel? What are your thoughts on this method of warfare as it is shown in the Bible?
27th Nov, 2007 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible - Page 2

Quote Saved.

international QUOTE
you know eye for an eye. By the time Jesus came that thinking made the Jews believe everything in life had to be handled this way. Jesus changed that.

Saved, you are just like so many other people I have dealt with. You don't want discrepancies in the Old Testament pointed out and to prove your argument you immediately start quoting the New Testament. Your thinking about not taking an eye for an eye has led us 2000 years later to have juries that say two boys that murdered their parents should go free because they have lost their mother. Or turn OJ Simpson loose because he's black. I could go on and on. Trust me, if someone murders one of my family, I will see them die, or die trying.

Preemptive wars? Islam bombed the Kovar Towers, the USS Cole, truck bombed the Twin Towers and other targets, but when this country takes them out in Afganistan and Iraq, you shudder at preemptive war. You live in a land that has not been hit since, but you don't want preemptive war. Now, just for giggles and grins let's go back to the Bible.

Your God not only gave very clear instructions on how to take a city inside AND outside Chanaan, He also ordered genocide while the were at it! Talk about preemptive war. This was cold calculated murder COMMANDED by your God.

The Old Testament
international QUOTE
When you march up to attack a city, first offer it terms of peace. If it agrees to your terms of peace and opens its gates to you, all the people to be found in it shall serve you in FORCED LABOR. But if it refuses to make peace with you and instead offers you battle, lay siege to it, and when the Lord, your God, delivers it into your hand, put every male in it to the sword; but the women and children and livestock and all else in it that is worth plundering you may take as your booty. That is how you shall deal with any city at a considerable distance from you, WHICH DOES NOT BELONG TO THE PEOPLES OF THIS LAND. But in the cities which the Lord, your God, is giving you as your heritage, YOU SHALL NOT LEAVE A SINGLE SOUL ALIVE. You must doom them all AS THE LORD, YOUR GOD, HAS COMMANDED YOU.  (Dueteronomy 20:10)

Thanks for the support Konq.

Sponsored Links:
27th Nov, 2007 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Bible The Wars Preemptive

What do you mean by "your god", are you an atheist?

I do not get your other points, are you saying two wrongs make a right?

28th Nov, 2007 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible Revealed Bible The

"Your" God, "My" God, "Our" God, "Their" God? You just want to play with words instead of looking at the truth. If I thought you really wanted to learn something I would sit here and explain until the cows come home, but I don't think you really know what you want except to nitpick at words. I'll invite you again, go play in somebody elses back yard until you read the book.

28th Nov, 2007 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Bible The Wars Preemptive

Wait a second, maybe I have this place confused? Is this forum about the Bible or about your book? I am talking about what the Bible says on "Preemptive Wars In The Bible" and you keep spamming me your book! I am not interested in your book and even less interested in knowing about it based on how you've answered me in some places here.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2007 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars In The Bible
A Friend

Bible The Wars Preemptive

I'm still trying to figure out how the pre-emptive wars of the old testament don't have any basis now. I don't see how what Jesus said some how negates the Mosaic Laws of the old testament. Either god commanded the wars and destruction or he didn't. Was that god or was that no god? And how do you decide?

28th Nov, 2007 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Thanks for your inquiry. Jesus came to fulfill the law and spread a new message of peace. Such things as preemptive war had a time and place, but it is not how we are to live now.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Nov, 2007 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Preemptive Wars The Bible - Page 2

I understand that. What I'm asking is, what happens to the old message? God said "I am the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow". That would presume that there would not be a need for a new message because god doesn't change. If god doesn't change, then the message of peace and the message of conquer seem to be in direct competition with each other.

29th Nov, 2007 - 11:57am / Post ID: #

Preemptive Wars The Bible The Bible Revealed - Page 2

international QUOTE (Saved)
Wait a second, maybe I have this place confused? Is this forum about the Bible or about your book?

This Board is about the Bible and sources for anything should be from the Bible only and not third party books. Mousetrails book or reviews of his book should be kept to that Thread about the same.

international QUOTE (Konquererz)
What I'm asking is, what happens to the old message?

I believe you can liken that to how the US handles war, and no, I am not trying to be sarcastic - it is the best modern example I can think of at the moment. The US will make a preemptive strike against Afghanistan to get rid of an element, once that is accomplished then they cool down the war chants best they can and begin to Discuss peace. The same is true with the Old Testament and New Testament. Think of the Old Testament as 'all that happened during the preemptive strikes' and consider the New Testament as the rebuilding 'let's have peace' stage. In like manner it does not make sense to constantly be preaching war because that 'phase' has passed.

Also, keep in mind that most of the Old Testament is based on Israel gaining an identity, establishing themselves as a nation and so forth. By the time Christ came Israel was already a known country despite being governed by outsiders.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Preemptive Wars In The Bible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,