Do Mormons Support War?

Do Mormons Support War - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 13th Sep, 2008 - 11:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War?

Do Mormons Support War?

Do Mormons Support War or they against it?

Sponsored Links:
9th Jan, 2007 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

War Support Mormons Do

That question cannot be answered generally. Some do, some don't. I do not think any LDS member can be happy about supporting a war, but it can be understandable in situations where people are suffering and no other diplomatic method may seem to be working. But is entirely a personal decision and nothing to do with the Church.

12th Jul, 2007 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War? Studies Doctrine Mormon

An interesting question.
The views of Mormons vary.
One passage in Book of Mormon discusses the justification for war.

Alma 43:45

45 Nevertheless, the Nephites were inspired by a better cause, for they were not fighting for monarchy nor power but they were fighting for their homes and their liberties, their wives and their children, and their all, yea, for their rites of worship and their church.
  46 And they were doing that which they felt was the duty which they owed to their God; for the Lord had said unto them, and also unto their fathers, that: Inasmuch as ye are not guilty of the first offense, neither the second, ye shall not suffer yourselves to be slain by the hands of your enemies.
  47 And again, the Lord has said that: Ye shall defend your families even unto bloodshed. Therefore for this cause were the Nephites contending with the Lamanites, to defend themselves, and their families, and their lands, their country, and their rights, and their religion.

There are times Many Mormons feel that War is justified for the defence of home and liberty.

There are other Mormons who feel War is never justified.

4th Apr, 2008 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

War Support Mormons Do

I guess Mormons are not like the Jehovah Witnesses then where you won't fight at all?

12th Apr, 2008 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

War Support Mormons Do

Both of my grandfathers served in the military. One in the Navy (he just died last week, because of a run in with a Bull. He was attempting to brand the animal for resale and the thing turned on him. Its sad really.)

And the other was a mechanic on Airplanes in WW2. He died about 3 years ago.

Both were very patriotic and loved their country. My political and spiritual beliefs on the justification for War were heavily influenced by these two spiritual Giants. Many members of the LDS Church have been and are members of the Military in their respective countries (including my Bishop who was a member of the Army serving in Fort Huachuca Arizona).

13th Jun, 2008 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War?

This sounds like any other Christian based church and rightly so. After all our founding faith followed Gods word into many wars especially after leaving Egypt.

So it is just the reason for the war that counts. I think the ironic part is Christians soldiers usually come out of the war with fewer stress syndromes like shell shock due to their faith in God.

Reconcile Edited: krakyn on 13th Jun, 2008 - 6:16pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Jun, 2008 - 6:50pm / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War?
A Friend

Do Mormons Support War

I believe that fighting in a war to protect life and property is ok. It is a war that is strickly political that would be less supported by religions. I know I would not want to fight in a political based war.

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2008 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War?
A Friend

Do Mormons Support War Mormon Doctrine Studies

War is bad, but God will support it if we fight for defense and freedom and liberty.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Do Mormons Support War?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,