Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Hymn
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2007 - 11:52pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

I Am A Child Of God

I Am a Child of God

BELOVED SONG TURNS 50

See https://www.lds.org/news/0,5014,5014-,00.html

The hymn "I Am a Child of God" (Hymns, no. 301) has rung across the earth, its music played and its words sung by adults and Primary children around the world since 1957. As it reaches its 50th anniversary in 2007, the song, published in more than 90 languages, continues to touch the hearts of many.

Sponsored Links:
28th Dec, 2011 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

God Child Am I

Star Trek: Mormon Mommy sings Klingon 'I am a Child of God

Maybe someone has a little too much time on their hands? Do you consider this sacrilegious? What do you think?

Post Date: 20th Jan, 2012 - 10:01am / Post ID: #

I Am A Child Of God Studies Doctrine Mormon

"I Am a Child of God"

Joseph Smith taught that knowing God is essential to having strong faith, and we can converse with the Almighty like we would with other people. Naomi Randall took that teaching to heart and eventually wrote this simple yet powerful hymn at the direction of the general Primary board with the help of composer Mildred T. Pettit in 1957. The hymn was received with great acclaim and success, and it was aptly described as a song that summarized 'the whole gospel plan in a few words." Ref. Source 7

> TOPIC: I Am A Child Of God

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,