Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood - Page 3 of 6

QUOTE (haleray @ 29-May 09, 7:48 PM) believe - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th May, 2009 - 11:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Do we have the power to HEAL through the Priesthood or are we ALSO dependent on Doctors and Drugs? Controversial Mormon Issue.
Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood Related Information to Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2009 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood - Page 3

Name: Angela

Comments: I am humbled at yet another witness of God's work. I don't remember finding this site, but today I know God knows I needed to read it. I am going through some mental health issues myself due to learning of my husband's infidelity. With out going into details I wanted to know what to do for myself and what could he do to get help. I am very active in the chuch I joined on July 1983. I have been sealed in the temple and we have five children. My world feels like it is falling apart. Thank you for your comments as they have giving me so sound information. I know that many times I can turn to the scripture or church leaders to get answers, but mostly trusting in the lord as he supplies my every need. I work in the health care field and I know that when it comes to mental health or nerveous breakdowns indiviuals must reach out for help. I am there now looking for help. Thank you for your comments as they are a blessing for me. I do believe ones faith can make them whole, but we must be able to reach inside ourselves to grab ahold of that faith, but when you are in the midst of a storm in is differcult to do on your owns.

Sponsored Links:
5th Mar, 2009 - 5:28pm / Post ID: #

Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

Angela, I am sorry to hear about your recent challenges. I am sending you through prayer all the strength you need at this time, may the Lord provide you with a clear mind and health in order to know what to do next.

My little advise is to have a deep conversation with your husband and try to come up with a reason on how this ended up happening. There is a great book you can download for free online (make a Google search) called "As a man thinketh" by James Allen. It was the second favorite book of Pres. Kimball after the Scriptures. It is a very short book but powerful and gives you an idea on how everything starts with thoughts.Of course, more than ever, stay closer to Heavenly Father in prayer and through the Scriptures you will find hope.

Talking with a caring Bishop would help tremendously as well as getting some help from LDS Social Services through their counseling services. Don't be afraid to ask for help. You both need it. And more than anything, do not blame yourself. It is not your fault.

I will be thinking of you.
Your sister in Christ,
LDS

24th May, 2009 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood Studies Doctrine Mormon

I wish I can have a blessing to permenantly relieve me of depression and OCD. I got some tempoary relife before but the blessing didn't cure me.

24th May, 2009 - 4:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

When you received the blessing were the words spoken by the person giving the blessing specifically indicating that you will be permanently healed?

25th May, 2009 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

I don't think so he just said for me to get better. Should he have actually used the word "permanently"?

25th May, 2009 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood

What he should have said I could not say, but what I can say is that if the faith of all those involved is at the level for which you should be cured permanently then this is the way it should happen. Part of the Discussion is whether saying such is God's wish or not.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th May, 2009 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured The Priesthood - Page 3

I don't think it is an ether or situation, I believe that a person that is sick can get a Priesthood blessing, and go to the Hospital to get well, by doing this, I don't think that the sick person doesn't believe in the blessing, but I believe it goes along with a "faith without works is dead" type situation. I think of it like this, a person that needs surgery can get a Priesthood blessing before the surgery, then STILL goes to the doctor to get the surgery. I don't think, like some other religions do, that going to a doctor says that you don't believe in the healing power of the Priesthood.

29th May, 2009 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured The Priesthood Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

QUOTE (haleray @ 29-May 09, 7:48 PM)
believe that a person that is sick can get a Priesthood blessing, and go to the Hospital to get well, by doing this, I don't think that the sick person doesn't believe in the blessing, but I believe it goes along with a "faith without works is dead" type situation.

Why is it called then a "healing" blessing if then we will trust in a doctor to be healed? What I am getting at is, why to bother with the blessing then if I could pray and have the "faith" and go to the doctor?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,