Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood - Page 4 of 6

So are you saying that as long as the administration - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Sep, 2010 - 3:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Do we have the power to HEAL through the Priesthood or are we ALSO dependent on Doctors and Drugs? Controversial Mormon Issue.
Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood Related Information to Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood
18th Jul, 2009 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood - Page 4

One reason why I don't think it's an ether or situation, is that, at least, a couple prophets have gone to the hospital and got surgery. Gordon B. Hinckley is one that I can think of on the top of my head.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2010 - 9:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood
A Friend

Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

I find it interesting to read that quote from Elder Oaks' message in the 2006 Ensign as well as from his recent conference address in Priesthood session on blessings. I believe that in the those situations where as President Young was saying that if we were in a forest with no medical help that he would

international QUOTE
According to my faith, ask the Lord Almighty to send an angel to heal the sick. This is our privilege, when so situated that we cannot get anything to help ourselves. Then the Lord and his servants can do all.

I think this last part sums up my belief nicely, I believe NOTHING is impossible "To Him that Believeth." Speaking of which there is a book by that very title I would suggest it to anyone wondering about miracles and healings in our day and age. Even with our "superior" knowledge graciously granted to us by the wonders of science and medicine, it is nothing compared to the minutest speck of knowledge our Creator has. Look at all of the plants on the earth and the capacity for healing they have, all of these things were built into the earth to begin with. Science and technology in our lives is great, don't get me wrong, but I think too many in the church today rely more on the arm of man than on that of Priesthood Power, righteously exercised to perform God's will in blessing His children.

One reason why it is hard to judge our trials and deal with our circumstances is that we don't always (mostly in my case) understand Heavenly Father's purpose for obstacles/opportunities. To look at situations we are placed in from our tiny perspective is definitely frustrating at times, but for Him who sees the beginning from the end, it all makes perfect sense.

So yes, I do believe Mental Illness, as well as any other illness can be healed by the Lord through the Priesthood, if the faith of those involved is great enough, and most importantly if the Lord wills it. If these two criterion are met, the "impossible" will happen.

20th Apr, 2010 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (Wisdomlover)
...if the faith of those involved is great enough, and most importantly if the Lord wills it.

The latter trumps what you said before. It is like an excuse to say if you did the blessing and the person was not healed then it was because the Lord did not want it done. We do read that great faith causes certain things to happen that not even the Lord can stop. An example of this is the Brother of Jared having such great faith that the Lord could not keep himself hidden anymore. That is the kind of faith that is needed. Question is who has that kind of faith? The Apostles with Christ and I want to emphasize WITH Christ still did not have faith sufficient to do some of the things they SAW Christ do.

11th Jul, 2010 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

I am sometimes amazed by the vigor of some people to put all their emotion into wearing a beard for Sacrament or not, wearing a white shirt or not, bringing back Polygamy or not and yet one of the most important topics that shares the depths of the power of God on earth is left with not much input.

As a side note I have added related Thread links at the top.

14th Sep, 2010 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

I was reading this quote and this thread came to my mind. Elder Oaks spoke in the last General Conference and he said:

international QUOTE
Young men and older men, please take special note of what I will say now. As we exercise the undoubted power of the priesthood of God and as we treasure His promise that He will hear and answer the prayer of faith, we must always remember that faith and the healing power of the priesthood cannot produce a result contrary to the will of Him whose priesthood it is.

international QUOTE
From all of this we learn that even the servants of the Lord, exercising His divine power in a circumstance where there is sufficient faith to be healed, cannot give a priesthood blessing that will cause a person to be healed if that healing is not the will of the Lord.

As children of God, knowing of His great love and His ultimate knowledge of what is best for our eternal welfare, we trust in Him. The first principle of the gospel is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and faith means trust. I felt that trust in a talk my cousin gave at the funeral of a teenage girl who had died of a serious illness. He spoke these words, which first astonished me and then edified me: "I know it was the will of the Lord that she die. She had good medical care. She was given priesthood blessings. Her name was on the prayer roll in the temple. She was the subject of hundreds of prayers for her restoration to health. And I know that there is enough faith in this family that she would have been healed unless it was the will of the Lord to take her home at this time." I felt that same trust in the words of the father of another choice girl whose life was taken by cancer in her teen years. He declared, "Our family's faith is in Jesus Christ and is not dependent on outcomes." Those teachings ring true to me. We do all that we can for the healing of a loved one, and then we trust in the Lord for the outcome.

14th Sep, 2010 - 2:36am / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood

Gone are the days of miracles where the blind could see and the lame could walk. I guess we just keep on guessing while none are healed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Sep, 2010 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured The Priesthood - Page 4

For me, it seems almost like a "back up excuse". If the blessing works, it's a miracle and if doesn't it's not the will of the Father.

19th Sep, 2010 - 3:29pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured The Priesthood Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

So are you saying that as long as the administration of the priesthood "works" for you, you believe in God and have faith? But if it doesn't turn out as you expect, you will turn bitter and curse God?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,