Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood - Page 2 of 6

"We can be healed through the authority - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Aug, 2007 - 1:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Do we have the power to HEAL through the Priesthood or are we ALSO dependent on Doctors and Drugs? Controversial Mormon Issue.
Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood Related Information to Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2007 - 1:09am / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood
A Friend

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood - Page 2

I agree. Not everyone who is afflicted has a lesson to "learn" from the affliction. Some may be afflicted to "teach" others. Without that persons affliction, it is possible that those who learn from them, may not have had the opportunity to grow spiritually without having the afflicted person in their lives.

I am manic/depressive and always will be. My mother learned much living with my illness and learning to help me through my struggles. Because of what she learned through my affliction, she is now one of only 3 people who are able to help a severely mentally ill woman in her Ward.

Having a lifelong affliction isn't necessarily a bad thing (so to speak). But because of the hell I've lived through and the day-to-day struggle I have with it, I learn spiritual lessons throughout my life that I might not have learned otherwise.

And, God didn't say he would necessarily answer all prayers and blessings the way we want. It will be so if it His will. But he also said we should help ourselves first. And, I don't know about the rest of you, but Medicine and Science in my opinion ARE a miracle from God. How else could science and technology have grown more in the last 100 years than it ever has in the history of mankind?

Just my opinions. Peace.

Sponsored Links:
11th Apr, 2007 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

I am glad that you shared your personal experience and thoughts.

I must ask you though... are there people with mental illnesses who are cured there and then by the power of the Priesthood? Can it happen? Do you know of instances where it has happened?

Has anyone laid their hands on your head and actually say that you will be normal from that time on?

These are all genuine questions. I feel that miracles can still occur as in olden time and that we should hear of them occurring because of great healing and faith. I still do not feel that everything should end with "It is not His will" or "Look at the marvel of doctors and medicine".

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2007 - 12:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood Studies Doctrine Mormon

No one has laid there hands on my head and said I will be normal. Not that I haven't received blessings. However, the Priesthood holders who gave me blessings always spoke to me first saying that they speak from the spirit and not from their own wishes. They have always ended up blessing me with the strength to deal with my affliction and that God would give me strength to endure if I accept it.

19th May, 2007 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

I have said to my son many times that he should receive the necessary things in his life to function normal, and I believe of recent I am seeing significant changes in him. A leap of faith came when one day I told my wife not to give him any more medication - on that day I knew he needed to be healed and helped by another method.

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2007 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Priesthood The Cured and Illness Mental Mormon

I may be late coming to this but I have had hands laid on my head and had my affliction removed in words of, "...you are healed."

Result = Nothing happened! Was it lack of faith? or was it wishful thinking on the priesthood holders part? Or a combination of the two?

I believe in miracles. I've seen them, been a part of them, in fact I've been the vessel for them to occur, so what is the difference here? Yes you can say it was me. It was my lack of faith in the blessing, but if that were true, why did I take myself off of all of my meds and consecrate myself to the Lord and Father and the hope for the end result proclaimed in the blessing? I don't really know. Iregardless this is all just my experience and doesn't necessarily reflect that of others and their healings from terrible illnesses.

EtherJasher

6th Jul, 2007 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (EtherJasher)
...and had my affliction removed

So you mean it was not removed?

Does your affliction remain? Did you see an improvement?

I have seen a big improvement in my son in certain things, but in other it seems like the Lord is determined to test us.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2007 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured The Priesthood - Page 2

Yes, I mean it was not removed. It still remains and is as voracious and progressive as ever. As for improvement there has not been any of that either.

In short the blessing was given (by my Bishop) who is very close to me and my family. And I (who at the time was the EQP and since has been released and called as ward membership clerk) was not what you would call healed from my affliction.

I've since talked to my Bishop about this and he feels *now* that this will be a progressive healing, not an all at once one, which is different then what we talked about immediately after the blessing. So I guess it has taken both of us back a bit as to what is happening in my life and in the Lords hands.

I completely trust my Bishop and I *know* he has the *power* not just the authority of the priesthood and I also know that My Savior can heal me in the blink of an eye, but in my (and I must stress my) experieince things are not scripture-typical. [I just made that word up so I have copywrites to it =)]

EtherJasher

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2007 - 1:24pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Mental Illness & Cured The Priesthood Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

"We can be healed through the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood. Jesus gave His Apostles power 'to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease' (Matthew 10:1; see also Mark 3:15; Luke 9:1-2). . . Although the Savior could heal all whom He would heal, this is not true of those who hold His priesthood authority. Mortal exercises of that authority are limited by the will of Him whose priesthood it is. . . . "Healing blessings come in many ways, each suited to our individual needs, as known to Him who loves us best. Sometimes a 'healing' cures our illness or lifts our burden. But sometimes we are 'healed' by being given strength or understanding or patience to bear the burdens placed upon us."
(Dallin H. Oaks, "He Heals the Heavy Laden," Ensign, Nov. 2006, 7-8)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Mormon Mental Illness & Cured By The Priesthood

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,