Part And Full Time Missions For Special Members

Part Full Time Missions Special Members - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 16th Jan, 2007 - 12:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

13th Jan, 2007 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Part And Full Time Missions For Special Members

I do not know how many of you know but the Church allows people with Special Needs to serve Part-Time and Full time Missions for the Church within the area of residence. I think this is such a wonderful program, specially for those members who wish they can serve a regular mission, wear a name tag, etc. It is possible and accessible for them now. I wish this could be extended worldwide and not only in Utah or certain US states.

Look at the example of this young man with Down Syndrome. They are from Canada but his mom decided to move to Utah just to give her son more opportunities to grow spiritually, and he did an amazing job serving a two-year mission. Read the full story, is so inspiring!

Someone ought to let the folks at ABC know that the next Bachelor has been found. He's sharp, he's funny and he works in the L. Tom Perry Special Collections Library.

But Jamie Taylor doesn't just have a great sense of humor; this extraordinary young man is also humble and devoted.

"I call him my live-in Nephi," said Jamie's mother, Terri Taylor. "Jamie is incredibly spiritual. His major focus is doing what the Lord wants him to do."

In his 22 years, Jamie has lived a life worth envying. The British Columbia, Vancouver native has already completed a two-year service mission, enjoys skiing and swimming and has traveled to exotic locations, such as Aruba, Barbados, Cancun and Hawaii.

With such an impressive resume, you'd have a hard time believing that Jamie has Down syndrome.

"We really don't think about it," said Terri of her son's disability, "Only when someone calls attention to it."

Taylor's achievements show that the word "disabled" isn't in his vocabulary. As a student at Timpview High School, Jamie participated on the student council, managed the basketball team and was the runner-up in the Mr. "T" competition in 1999.

After graduation, Jamie's Stake President called him to serve a two-year mission at the BYU Museum of Fine Art.

"I was just overwhelmed," Jamie said of receiving his call, "and I was amazed at how much it would mean to the Lord. ...

Sponsored Links:
16th Jan, 2007 - 12:26am / Post ID: #

Members Special Missions Time Full Part

It is a great opportunity for service to be rendered regardless of your capabilities. Stake Presidents with Vision often extend this to their own Special Need Members within their Stake as Stake Missionaries too.

> TOPIC: Part And Full Time Missions For Special Members

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,