Kissing Booth?

Kissing Booth - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Sep, 2003 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
15th Sep, 2003 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

Kissing Booth?

Somewhat laughable, but would a kissing booth be considered a form of prostitution? For those who do not know what a kissing both is... usually in a circus or fair men would stand in line to receive a kiss from (usually a good looking woman) for $1 or more. The funds usually go to the circus, fair or some project.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2003 - 11:35am / Post ID: #

Kissing Booth?
A Friend

Booth Kissing

I really do not know what that is.  But is it safe, or healthy?  I mean people going round kissing people for a buck.  Can't they find a diffrent way to donate to their charity???? Just wondering that's all.

16th Sep, 2003 - 12:04pm / Post ID: #

Kissing Booth? Studies Doctrine Mormon

[quote]
I really do not know what that is.  But is it safe, or healthy?[/quote]
i described what it is already. I doubt it is healthy, but it is not the point of this thread. The question is would a kissing booth be considered a form of prostitution?
[offtopic]:spock: Nick, how come you have the name and avatar of a man but you are listed as a female?[/offtopic]

17th Sep, 2003 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Booth Kissing

It was very surprising when I used to watch American movies about a fair or a circus and they used to have this kissing booth thing :smile.gif I think is awful! sad.gif no, I'm not a nun :smile.gif but come on, are these guys so desesperate that they cannot get a date and kiss them? :smile.gif
I will not be so extreme JB saying its a form of prostitution, it is a bit too much but definetly I don't think is right and I don't think LDS members should participate in these kind of things.

28th Sep, 2003 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Booth Kissing

I think that's a bit extreme, JB.  Although I know I wouldn't want to be the one working inside the booth.  Ewww!

29th Sep, 2003 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Kissing Booth?

[quote] I think that's a bit extreme, JB [/quote]
:spock: FarSeer, what is a bit extreme?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Sep, 2003 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Kissing Booth

[quote]According to www. dictionary.com the definitions for prostitution are:
1.  The act or practice of engaging in sex acts for hire.
2.  The act or an instance of offering or devoting one's talent to an unworthy use or cause[/quote]

So, under definition one, we would need to decide if kissing were in fact a "sex act."  If yes, then it might be prostitution under this definition.  Is the person in the booth getting paid?  If all the funds are going to a charity or other cause, then I don't think the person in the booth is receiving kisses for hire because they haven't personally been paid.  If no, then go to definition #2.

For definition #2, if an unworthy cause then yes, if a worthy cause then no.

I don't think we can say kissing is a "sex act."  We kiss our children, grandparents, parents, etc.  So I vote for no it is not a form of prostitution, under definition #1, although it still might be immoral to be participate in a kissing booth.  As far as definition #2, that depends upon the cause.  If it is just a circus and a way for the circus owner to make money and not a charity event, ....perhaps.

I know I wouldn't be willing to kiss a bunch of strangers for money or otherwise. tongue.gif

29th Sep, 2003 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Kissing Booth Mormon Doctrine Studies

Okay let us take this a step further for those who think I am 'extreme' wink.gif

Think about it... a kissing booth usually has an attractive woman, it is totally based on looks. The paid for 'service' rendered (no matter if for a worthy cause or not) is that of some sort of physical gratification otherwise why would they use a good looking woman (why not plain faced?). Kissing a stranger is not the same as kissing your mom or aunt. The feeling is obviously going to be different for a man because of there hormonal state (maybe they would have never been able to kiss a 'good looking woman'?). Here is a chance to 'score' to feel good? So, is this all corect? Why not just give the $1 if it is for a 'worthy' cause?

Lastly, this thread is out of good conversation, don't take it that I am fasting and shaving my head to find the answer wink.gif

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Kissing Booth?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,