Work Scanners

Work Scanners - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 1st Feb, 2007 - 9:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Geoslavery?
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2007 - 9:00pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Work Scanners

WORK SCANNERS SPARK CRIES OF 'GEOSLAVERY'

NEW YORK: Every morning Dennis Colson, a surveyor at New York City's Department of Design and Construction, begins his work day by placing his hand on a scanner to log his time and attendance at the office.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3942337a28~,00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Feb, 2007 - 9:05am / Post ID: #

Work Scanners
A Friend

Scanners Work

"It's frustrating, it's kind of an insult," Colson, 53, told Reuters. "They are talking about going to voice and retina scanners and that's an invasion of privacy in that they can track you wherever you go."

False, they can only track you while you are at work, getting paid to work. No ones talking about tracking what you do outside of work. Its virtually the same as clocking in, only with a hand scanner. I have to scan my hand to get into work and I'm salary. I makes sure only those authorized get in, and ensures that people know I came to work.

"On the one hand I think people might all agree that if you put a GPS system in ambulances then that's a good thing. On the other hand you have an employer in Ohio who has demanded that two of his employees have chips implanted in their bodies."

Exaggeration for no good reason.

"There may be large forces at work in western society wishing to enslave the workforce. I want to acknowledge that fear. But hand geometry is not part of this," Wayman, who has studied biometrics for more than two decades, told Reuters.

He said monitoring computer and phone usage were the "tools by which an employer would seek to enslave the workforce - it would not be done through biometrics." 

AHA! Then end all quote from someone in the field over two decades. This guy knows his stuff and knows that this is just ridiculous hysteria plain and simple.

> TOPIC: Work Scanners

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,