Tortured In Iran For Converting To Mormonism

Tortured Iran Converting Mormonism - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Feb, 2007 - 1:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

He was lashed 40 times and suffered cuts all over his body.His captors bound his bare feet and whipped them with an electrical cord until his feet were bloodied and numb
3rd Feb, 2007 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

This man is so lucky to be alive after reading the horrible story of his torture just because he joined The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

WASHINGTON - Iranian-born Ghollam Nikbin says he is nearing the justice he has longed for since he sued Iran and its former president in federal court three years ago, alleging he was tortured for converting to Mormonism.

In a federal court hearing Friday, Nikbin testified in graphic detail about the abuse he endured for several years in Iran for abandoning Islam. He and experts also testified about the lingering effects, which include almost nightly nightmares.

The hearing was a formality. Iran has not answered the claims, and Nikbin is assured victory. He is seeking about $40 million in damages. Whether he will collect remains uncertain, but Nikbin is optimistic.

"I'm going to get justice," he told The Tribune after the hearing. "All the money is going to be spent for destroying the Islamic Republic of Iran" and the men who tortured him...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Feb, 2007 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormonism Converting Iran Tortured

I remember hearing stories of old what the members went through when the church was young. To hear about someone in modern days receiving that severe of persecution for joining the church is almost unheard of. This man is a true saint.

6th Feb, 2007 - 1:05am / Post ID: #

Tortured In Iran For Converting To Mormonism Studies Doctrine Mormon

I believe in the Mature LDS Board we discuss possible reasons why such things should concern us, especially with regards to Islam, but I will not bring that up here.

> TOPIC: Tortured In Iran For Converting To Mormonism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,