Hustle

Hustle - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 8th Feb, 2007 - 6:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

British TV series
8th Feb, 2007 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

Hustle

Hustle

This is a British based TV series about conmen (includes a woman) who swindle men out of their money. They supposedly target people that 'deserve it', but who made them the morale powerhouse? What do you think about the show?

Sponsored Links:
8th Feb, 2007 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

Hustle

It is a very good programme, although the concept of it takes a while to get used to.
I've watched it for a while now, and the type of person that they target, is people like door to door conmen, who have preyed on old people, and have taken every penny they may have had.
It's a kind of retribution programme.
They will make sure that the conman is left with nothing.

Another type of person that they will target is a Husband who has thrown his wife and children out of his millionaires mansion, in order to make room for his new young girlfriend. The Hustle team will make sure that the situation is reversed, the man will get everything taken from him, and the wife will end up with a roof over her head.

I have watched several of the series where the hustle team have walked away with nothing, because they've started off believing that the person that they were going to hustle had done something to deserve it, but as they've looked deeper into it, they won't hustle the person if they think that they have done nothing to deserve it.--In these cases they will walk away empty handed!

I suppose you could argue that either way it's not morally correct, but it is done in quite a clever witty way, and not portrayed as something that the man off the street could carry out!

8th Feb, 2007 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Hustle Sports & Fashion Music Movies

That was a good review, but I do wonder if this does not give ideas to the criminal element out there. Playing the modern Robin Hoods of the day is almost what terrorists think they are doing as well - touchy subject. The only reason I see it is because it plays in the background while I am working.

8th Feb, 2007 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Hustle

You're right JB, it could leave things wide open for others to follow suit with the scams, and morally it isn't really right for the team to decide who if anybody is fair game to be robbed, but in defence of the programme the one thing that you never see on it is anybody being murdered, which in itself these days is rare viewing!

It's not a perfect story line, but compared to many other programmes, it could be a lot worse!

I just take it with a pinch of salt, it always seems a bit far fetched, which I think stops it from being a 'horror' programme!

> TOPIC: Hustle

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,