ROK Ruler's Rants - Page 2 of 43

The money came from exploring and I kept everyone - Page 2 - Text RPG, MMORPG, Play By Post - Posted: 20th Apr, 2007 - 3:16pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (43) »
Closed
RulerOfKings.com Basically this is a General Rant Thread where players of Ruler of Kings can Discuss the game openly, show their triumphs and so forth.
10th Apr, 2007 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

ROK Ruler's Rants - Page 2

Someone is giving me a 'run for my money' this round. I am adding more stuff as I get a chance, but I do need feedback so I know in which direction to head.

Sponsored Links:
19th Apr, 2007 - 8:30pm / Post ID: #

Rants Rulers ROK

What, Can't Anyone Beat Me?

Yet another game is coming to an end and I am in the lead, but I have someone who is closely monitoring me. I will be looking to continue my 'testing' period in the next round.

20th Apr, 2007 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

ROK Ruler's Rants Post Play & MMORPG RPG Text

Vincenzo you dog you... I am watching you counting down the minutes and attacking me! You want to win eh? I am going to give you a run for your gold!

20th Apr, 2007 - 6:21am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Rants Rulers ROK

That was a strange game to win. I actually thought about 4 days ago I had no chance. My strategy had to change about 4 times because of game modifications and I would have loved to get rid of enough soldiers to get back to 1 turn explorations! When I had to go to 2 turn explores, I simply couldn't keep up. That really forced me to start attacking and think of a different strategy.

Gold really should be counted in the worth of the kingdom. That would provide another interesting potential win senario. I think at one time I had nearly 3 million and nothing to really spend it on...couldn't buy anymore soldiers and horses don't add to the kingdom's worth. I think if money and maybe horses were counted, there would be more attacking and that might make it more fun or maybe not for those attacked.

What I was expecting is that you all the sudden were going to buy like 1000 soldiers out of thin air and that would have been the end of me!

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 20th Apr, 2007 - 6:23am

20th Apr, 2007 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

Rants Rulers ROK

I wish I had the money to buy 1000 soldiers. How the heck did you get so much gold? The adjustments to the game forces interaction and competition so that those who get really big do not become the game bullies, in this way they can still fall like everyone else.

In the upcoming game I want to look at the soldiers more. Yes, gold should probably count to your overall worth but the problem with that is it is spent so often that you may find your worth fluctuating too fast.

20th Apr, 2007 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

ROK Ruler's Rants

Not sure why I was getting more gold I guess than others...but at the end I was getting about 25 - 30K per turn. I worked hard on keeping everyone happy and maybe that paid off. Money was never a problem...the bigger problem was figuring out how to increase the score when the soldier route was shut. Basically, I had to look more at how to slow everyone else down while increasing my worth. We got to 5million fast last round, but it took a long time to get the next 100k, if you had a lot of soldiers.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Apr, 2007 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

ROK Ruler's Rants - Page 2

So much per turn? That is weird.

Did you bank the money and get some sort of interest (have not checked the script to see if this happens) or just keep everyone on 100% happy?

Did the money come from Exploring or Troop Morale?

20th Apr, 2007 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

ROK Ruler's Rants Text RPG MMORPG & Play Post - Page 2

The money came from exploring and I kept everyone happy (approx 100%). I did bank as much as I could, but you can only bank up to 20% of your worth. So at one time, I had like 1 million in the bank and 2 million just sitting there. I dont think there was a interest function, but I cannot be sure...didnt really look for it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (43) »

> TOPIC: ROK Ruler's Rants

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,