Mormon Civil Ceremony Or Wait A Year?

Mormon Civil Ceremony Wait Year - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 5th Jul, 2014 - 3:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2014 - 7:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

If you were to start a relationship with a nonmember who was willing to convert, would you have a civil ceremony or wait a year and go to temple?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2014 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Year Wait Ceremony Civil Mormon

Name: Pioneer

Comments: I think the wait is worth it, plus it would be good to see the growth that takes place.

Post Date: 30th Jun, 2014 - 9:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Civil Ceremony Or Wait A Year? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I agree that a temple marriage is best but, if the blessings are the same whats the difference between waiting a year married and waiting a year single?

2nd Jul, 2014 - 7:09am / Post ID: #

Civil marriage is not marriage, temple marriage is. Marriage by the law is just to satisfy man, who do you want to satisfy... Man or god?

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2014 - 6:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I quite understand your point but I'm talking about a situation where a couple could either be married civilly and then be sealed in the temple after a year or wait for a year single and be married and sealed in the temple. Either way the blessings would be the same after the one year mark. So whats the difference?

4th Jul, 2014 - 11:15pm / Post ID: #

I guess the difference is the same as asking "Should I be blessed now or delay my blessing?"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2014 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Civil Ceremony Wait Year

I don't think so, in either case you would have to wait a year. The difference is in one case your married civilly for that year and in the other case your single for that year.

5th Jul, 2014 - 3:17am / Post ID: #

Mormon Civil Ceremony Wait Year Mormon Doctrine Studies

It is all about perspective, if you think that being married for a year and being single for a year is the same then you have an interesting view, since marriage of any type leaves a whole new world open for you to experience that you cannot single.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Civil Ceremony Or Wait A Year?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,