Stir Fried Salted Beef With Hot Chili

Stir Fried Salted Beef Hot Chili - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 30th Nov, 2011 - 1:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Archived Recipe: Beef
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2011 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Recipe name:

Recipe Type Recipe category:
Beef

What are your thoughts about this delightful dish?

Recipe Ingredients Recipe detials: Stir Fried Salted with Hot Chili

2 c Shredded Flank steak or

-beef tenderloin 1 ts Salt

1 tb Nam pla (fish sauce)

1/2 c Chili cut into strips

1/2 c Celery cut into 1 inch

-lengthwise 1 ts Maggi sauce

1 c Oil

"A few years ago, the Chinese restaurant in the Amarin Hotel served this dish which I copied. The Amarin Hotel was a small hotel with personalized services and very popular with many regular guests. I worked for a short time at the dress shop there. The Amarin Hotel is no more, there is a big modern shopping plaza in its place now. The shopping plaza has the first Macdonald Hamburger outlet in Thailand situated there. It is doing very well. I still miss the Amarin." Marinate beef with salt and nam pla for 1 hour. Heat frying pan and cook the salted beef (without oil) for 5 minutes. Remove and drain on paper towel. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat to fry the salted beef strips until crisp. Drain oh paper towel. Heat the remaining oil. Stir-fry hot chili, shredded celery and green onion for 1 minute. Add fired crispy beef. Season with Maggi sauce. Pour onto serving plate. From "Cooking Thai Food in American Kitchens..Book 2 with ASEAN Recipes", by Malulee (Kunjara) Pinsuvana. Copyright pend- ing in U.S.A.. Printed in Bangkok, Thailand by Thai Watana Panich Co. LTD., 1986. Posted by Stephen Ceideberg; February 17 1992.

Recipe Reviews Your opinion:
What do you like / dislike about the recipe? Did it come out the way you expected it?

Sponsored Links:

> TOPIC: Stir Fried Salted Beef With Hot Chili

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,