Canada Real Estate - Page 2 of 3

CANADIAN REAL ESTATE SALES SLIP Sales in Canada's - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 17th Oct, 2007 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Canada Discussion about real estate in different provinces
30th May, 2007 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Canada Real Estate - Page 2

I am just afraid of the inflation it might cause in the market place as it is bad enough as is.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
30th May, 2007 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Estate Real Canada

Krakyn, I suppose it has to do with the Province and exact location? I saw many affordable houses in Manitoba, some very cheap (I think Manitobans like to brag about their low housing costs).

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

31st May, 2007 - 2:07am / Post ID: #

Canada Real Estate History & Civil Business Politics

Manitoba offers great sport fishing and hunting but be wary of who owns the mineral rights to your land. It could be you are sitting in a house with 200 acres but no rights to drill a well for water! Oil companies and gas companies years ago bought up mineral rights to many lands that we a good prospect for oil and gas wells.

I think you might do well in some of these areas however as they sometimes find it hard to recruit skilled workers in the computer fields and most definitely in teaching.

Also they might be on a flood plain which means if anything happens you might not be able to rebuild. I would also look at how far it is to the next major city. Are you 4 hours from the nearest major center of 30 minutes drive time that is.

If you have specific location send them to me and I would be glad to take a look at them. BC has some great deals but only if you are able to work from your home.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

31st May, 2007 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Estate Real Canada

I think the idea of drilling for water amusing (no disrespect). I think most definitely we have to live in or very near to a city when we get there. It does not have to be Toronto, just so long as it can provide the basic necessities of life. I have heard that British Colombia is nice because they have the nicest weather, but on the other hand Real Estate is expensive?

I have the feeling though from my research that you can find something descent without spending loads of money, it is all about if you are on the thrifty side and do not care about having an upscale environment.

Where would be considered the harlem of Toronto or an area that is really unsafe?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 12th Jul, 2007 - 11:22am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Estate Real Canada

NO SLUMP YET: AVERAGE HOUSE PRICE HITS $335,180

House prices continued to soar in June, averaging a record $335,180 in sales via multiple listing services operated by real estate boards in 24 major Canadian markets.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/money/national/200...use-prices.html

12th Jul, 2007 - 1:49pm / Post ID: #

Canada Real Estate

Toronto has many pockets through out that one is not safe. Scarborough is a good example. Some spots are very nice then others are run by drug lords. Etobicoke has many rough spots as does Mississauga Hamilton and Brampton.

The big one is McCowan Rd from the 401 through to the Kingston(hyw2) and all along Kingston in Scarborough is rough. The big area is the corridor along Kingston starting just east of McCowan through to Just west of Markham rd. It is strange as you can have a crack house then two clock away nice homes that are rarely robed and the thugs stay out. Perhaps the thug king in there and does not steal on own turf.

Over all non are really as bad as many countries. Really it is just certain neighborhoods or clubs that one is wise to skirt around. I think any major city faces the same issues. Also if it is late do not wander around the streets.

One does have to be thrifty and look for the house that needs some TLC but not too much wrong in the actual structure. OK so windows are old but not falling out and the roof needs replaced and every floor redone because carpets are worn out. Loads of labor but less then 10,000 People here in general want to move in do nothing but paint live and dump it when the work comes up.

JB

I think the idea of drilling for water amusing (no disrespect)

laugh.gif I alway get the picture of a bunch of yokels gabbing shovels and yelling its and old fashion well digging party. I guess it is a bit of an old mind set that your animals need water and unless you have a clean fresh water supply on your land then ye better start digging. Cattle drink a lot of water thus I guess my dad got in his mind a strong structure to live in and a good well you can just about survive anything. It is likely a prevalent mind set in the rural areas in Ontario. That and a good reliable rifle to keep the varmints at bay.

My uncle is not laughing on this one, he is on a farm with major bed stone between him and water for his farm they are now down 150 FT and no sign of water the driller figures they should hit it at about 250 ft(based on other wells he made in the area). The drilling rig is essentially a huge hammer drill it is some slow going. He is an hour drive to town so water is a big deal.

If in the country side in Trinidad do people depend on spring for water of do the drill wells? I could see issues of salt water pockets under the land makeing wells difficult and expensive to drill.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2007 - 5:31pm / Post ID: #

Canada Real Estate - Page 2

HOUSE PRICES HIT MORE RECORDS IN JUNE

House prices across the country hit another national record in June as the average cost rose to $315,332, the Canadian Real Estate Association said Monday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/money/national/200...singprices.html

Post Date: 17th Oct, 2007 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Canada Real Estate Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

CANADIAN REAL ESTATE SALES SLIP

Sales in Canada's red-hot real estate market cooled in September, but average prices ticked up, according to new figures from the Canadian Real Estate Association.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/money/national/200.../homesales.html

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Canada Real Estate

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,