Terror Rises And The Reason Is... - Page 2 of 3

"It is clear that American citizens are - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 15th May, 2010 - 4:13am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Terrorism Has Risen Globally Because Of... (chose the answer closest to yours - no poll can please everyone)
  Osama Bin Laden 9/11       20.00%
  The Invasion of Afghanistan       0.00%
  The Invasion of Iraq       0.00%
  Iran Encouraging Attacks       0.00%
  Syria Encouraging Iraqs       0.00%
  President George Bush's Decisions in General       20.00%
  Former President Bill Clinton Not Stopping It During His Term       0.00%
  No Particular Reason - The World Is Just Evil       13.33%
  Terrorism Rising Globally Is A Myth       20.00%
  United Nation Sanctions       0.00%
  Lack of Support From Europe       0.00%
  Islamist Clerics Encouraging Hate       20.00%
  An Increased Hatred of Israel & Those Who Support Her       0.00%
  It Is All Just Media Hype       6.67%
Total Votes: 15
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
First of all let me make it CLEAR that this Thread is NOT about Iraq, or 9/11 or Bush as individual Topics as we already have Threads covering those. This Thread is about what really has caused Terror to rise? One study suggests it has gone up by as much as 600%?
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

Terror Rises And The Reason Is...
A Friend

Terror Rises And The Reason Is... - Page 2

It is not the terror rises just after 9/11.Terror had been done by the Israelis for decade,but no one care.Palestinians had suffered so much,but,again,no one cared.When the act of 'terror' happened in the western world,the media said,terror had rise in an increasingly worried number that may affect the world's stabilism.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 9:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Is Reason The Rises Terror

I said hype as it was the closest thing to my opinion. Terrorism isn't on the rise, we are just expanding the definition of what is terrorism. Many of the terrorist actions being reported would have been called a civil war, rebel actions, drug operations, or just regional instability in the pre 9/11 days. Adding in that most terrorist actions now get reported and you have a global rise in terror.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2008 - 11:40am / Post ID: #

Terror Rises And The Reason Is... History & Civil Business Politics

Name: Helper

Comments: Terrorism on the Rise? Hmmm, Well for whatever reason, Religious, Envy, Hatred, Political, Etc. I think terrorism had been on the rise Initially, but has taken quite a dive down because we have delt with the terrorist on their home turf. America has not had a successful Terrorist incident since 9-11. I believe we would have, had we not taken the fight into Afghanistan or Iraq. By taking the fight to them America has shown the World that You Mess with us we'll not only kick your butt, We'll take over Your Country! Terrorist tactic is an old form of fighting which is "Guerrilla warfare" on a larger scale, World Wide, in the City, or anywhere with Mass indiscriminate Killings. Our only possible out to "Reduce Terrorism Acts" would be to Go to the Hornets Nest if its a Country, and Change that Hostile Government to a More Civil Government that is Friendly towards the U.S. But also because Terrorist Tactics is a Poor Mans Way of Fighting a Big Military Might, It will never completely End...Helper

Source1: My own observation

19th Jan, 2008 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Is Reason The Rises Terror

I am not convinced that 9/11 gave hope to terrorists thus increasing terrorism. I think 9/11 is a major factor in that it just brought to the light so many of the different acts that had been happening for years. Again an act of terrorism is all in your perspective (that is which side you are on).

I can recall planes being blown up buildings demolished all in one cause or another. I like to think of our Asian countries and the terrorism that was displayed for years, with minimal coverage. This is media hype, after all how else can one continue a war but to keep the general populace believing that it is at a greater rate then ever.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

19th Jan, 2008 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Is Reason The Rises Terror

Terror rises because we have a bunch of fanaticals running around the world with high grade explosive weapons and nothing to live for.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 87 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 8.7%

Post Date: 20th Feb, 2010 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terrorism: The Most Meaningless and Manipulated Word
By Glenn Greenwald

Terrorism is simultaneously the single most meaningless and most manipulated word in the American political lexicon. The term now has virtually nothing to do with the act itself and everything to do with the identity of the actor, especially his or her religious identity. It has really come to mean: "a Muslim who fights against or even expresses hostility towards the United States, Israel and their allies." Ref. Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Mar, 2010 - 2:54am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Terror Rises The Reason Is... - Page 2

Internet aids terrorist recruiting, radicalization, Pentagon says:

Militant groups can radicalize individuals and train them to carry out terrorist acts much more quickly today, in part thanks to the Internet, according to military and counter terrorism experts testifying on Capitol Hill Wednesday. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 15th May, 2010 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Terror Rises The Reason Is... Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

"It is clear that American citizens are the target of choice of international terrorists. Americans comprise only about 5 percent of the world's population. However, according to State Department statistics, during the decade of the 1990's, 36 percent of all worldwide terrorist acts were directed against you.S. Interests." -- Attorney General John Ashcroft, 05/09/01

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Terror Rises And The Reason Is...

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,