OnHech Introduction

Onhech Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 1st Mar, 2007 - 9:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Canada Doctrinal Discussion
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2007 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

OnHech Introduction
A Friend

OnHech Introduction

Well, what can I say? I feel the need to explain my topic. I am a TBM(True Believing Mormon(LDS)), which means that I believe that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints is the true restored church on earth.[I]

I have always had an immense interest in history, I loved to learn about history , psychology, and philosophy. I was born in a faithful Latter-Day Saint household. I always went to church, because my parents made me, or rather I was too young to stay home alone. I didn't pay attention as I think many, many people can relate to, dismissing it to be mainly junk. I look back and my life was filled with far greater "sin", and disobedience in my early life then I think 95% of the people can claim to. By the time I went into grade 8 I was one strange kid, I remember telling the teacher to you-know-what it several times in front of the class. I kicked a football through the roof, had the worst language. I was malicious and destructive, and had very sticky fingers, I was involved in things that I'm not even going to admit to. I remember one incident where I stole the report cards of the class (it was on a floppy disc) and changed it completely, entering in some more sexual comments. I consider grade 8 my lowest point though.

In grade 9 I started wondering why this religion junk was taking up one of my days. I was not Christian, I didn't believe Joseph Smith. One day though, I was in a particular sober mood, I was thinking on religion, and I made a choice that I am even now impressed at. I decided to ask! I had been told several hundred times how to gain a testimony, but I dismissed it as something that people did and deluded themselves into thinking that they felt something. That really the church was holding itself up, no one admitted that they really didn't feel anything. With this mindset two things impress me, I'm surprised that I :

A) Would have even considered asking.
B)Would have been humble,or submissive enough to receive and answer.

I am left to conclude that it was an inspired thought. When I knelt don and sincerely asked Heavenly father if 1) He was there and 2) If this (LDS) church was true, and if Joseph Smith really did receive the plates. Instantly I was filled with a swelling emotion, a warm feeling. It made me cry... It was the strongest emotion I felt in my life... I feel it now and tears are in my eyes... I prayed to my father then and there, I said some things that I look back and say at times "how sappy was that", but I meant what I said, and I wish to always be in that state were the veil is so thin. I love my Lord, I love Jesus and Heavenly Father. That experience has shaped my life. I changed my friends, my Language, my attitude, my habits, my motivation, my clothes, my music, my outlook on life! I'm so grateful for all this, and I can never get enough of this gospel.

From that point on I have had an extreme and unusual interest in religion. Its a quality that I find rather lacking in most other youth. I have met some, mainly converts who share my passion, but generally its a sad fact that member-born Mormons are often lukewarm and ignorant at times until later in life. I also consider myself a thinker. I think about things, and I questions everything. It's a problem and a blessing. I have a criminal mind, I plot ways to get around things, how to commit the perfect murder, to steal things without people knowing, how to deceive and to get around rules and laws. It sounds terrible, and I don't do any of that anymore. But because of this I have a very critical view on the Church, not in the way of degrading it, but looking at it as an ex-Mormon(or anti-Mormon to some), due to this I spend a lot of time reading up on questions I have, hence I get a lot of answers and explanations. Unfortunately most of my LDS friends have fallen away from the church, this gave me further reason to investigate, and gave me opportunity to talk to people disenchanted from the church, I unfortunately have had the opportunity to talk to quite a few bitter ex-members, who had some very strong opinions and read some very dirty books, some are my friends but I do not retract what I said. I'm an avid reader of Farms, Fair, Shields, Jeff Lindsey, And I like Mormon Haven if you know what that place is. I consider myself a low level Apologist (Means to Defend not to apologize www.dictionary.com) and having said that some have the idea of an Apologist being getting into argument with "anti-Mormons" but I suggest that this is NOT the purpose of an Apologist, rather it is to address those who listen and who want answers, these aren't the ex-Mormons, these are those in the church, who are struggling with information that they have found! The number one person you should go to with these problems is your Heavenly Father, faith will be what gets you through. I know that if I did not have faith, I would have been long gone from the church. But through my trials my testimony grows stronger and God blesses me with increased knowledge. I particularly like early Christianity, and other isolated Christian groups (Like The J.W.). I feel that to know your religion, you have to know the others, after all, all religions have some truth.

About me as a person I have an ranging interests I blog about religion, pollitics, music and business. I play guitar, firm believer in personal thought, and religious freedom, I work as a Cabinet Installer, and butcher. I'm saving up for my mission, and once I get back I am going back to school. I am an obsessive person, I love my guitar, I love religion, and I love politics..... And I love Canada! Unfortunately I am one of those Canadians who thinks Americans are ignorant, in general. But change my mind will ya!

Lynden Jensen , 18
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Reconcile Edited: JB on 26th Feb, 2007 - 12:45am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2007 - 10:56am / Post ID: #

Introduction OnHech

Welcome LDS Member

Thanks for posting your introduction message, this forum allows you to interact positively with many people on varying topics such as LDS Church news, Doctrine, the Book of Mormon, etc. However, do keep in mind that LDS Related Discussion is kept only in the LDS Related Boards as this is an International Community.

The next thing you should do now is update your profile. You can do this by clicking the link called, 'My Controls' in the top menu. You may wish to venture over to the LDS Deep Doctrine board or the News & RM Section and have a look around.

If you like RPGs then you may also be interested in playing: Nephi RPG where you can 'Journey to the Promised Land'

Here are some quick links for you to look over when you have time:
Read --> Posting Policy | See All Boards | Site Map | FAQ

Post Date: 25th Feb, 2007 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

OnHech Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi OnHech, what an interesting intro. Welcome. I hope you have a great time in our community. We have the LDS board free for all LDS members and then we have the LDS mature board (for upgraded members only). I hope you check the topics and become an active participant.

You won't find any anti-mormons here, there may be some in disguise as they have been in the past, but they are easily recognized at least to me and sooner or later they are gone.

In the LDS mature section we talk about a lot of sensitive topics and in the LDS deep doctrine more "relaxed" ones. Enjoy your stay.
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 26th Feb, 2007 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Introduction OnHech

Welcome to the Forum, OnHech. Now, you went and posted this great intro, full of insight and interesting comments... and then you left and haven't been back. What's that all about?! Should you return, I look forward to your active, intelligent participation here.

Welcome, and Enjoy!
Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2007 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

OnHech Introduction
A Friend

Introduction OnHech

I'm sure there are many discontented Mormons or ex-Mormons on this sight, even if they do not wish to divulge their alignment. This is not a problem as long as they do not try to tear at others faith. There are sincere and honest "anti-Mormons" out there who really believe that the church is false, and feel a great sorrow for LDS members. They are those who are misinformed, or simply do not have the testimony to stand up against some "facts" that other "revealed" to them. Not all ex-Mormons are as the Tanners, though unfortunately the ones we hear from usually are (the ones that are bitter enough to write books about it), though I did not join this forum to converse with them, nor in actuality to participate in apologetics of any kind, as I have understood would be to a degree inappropriate for this site. My topic was more to reveal my then my intentions.

Anyhow my reason for making this comment was to really thank you guys for your warm welcome and apparent interest, as I mentioned before I am somewhat obsessive and as such my posts will probably be pretty erratic, one day I will post 20 and then nothing for weeks! I"m just like that but thanks a lot for compliment and encouragement Roz!

Lynden

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2007 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

OnHech Introduction

nor in actuality to participate in apologetics of any kind, as I have understood would be to a degree inappropriate for this site

I am not sure if I fully understand this but we do welcome open discussion as long as it is given in a respectful manner and with back up sources not merely opinion or speculations. I look forward to your posts!
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2007 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

OnHech Introduction
A Friend

OnHech Introduction

So a person could give their reasons why the church is false, if they give the appropriate sources? Like they could say that because BY said "whatever", or DNA shows "blah" and so the church is false, and this is acceptable or no?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate.

Post Date: 1st Mar, 2007 - 9:06pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

OnHech Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

If you notice at the top of the LDS board it states the following:

For Latter-Day Saint members ONLY. Discuss the higher doctrines that build faith. No anti, negative or unrelated content allowed. Think of this board as a classroom for research, positive questions, and testimony - not a venting station. Threads here discuss aspects of Church history and doctrine, but the end result is to build a firm testimony not to chastise, discriminate or cause contention. Members found doing this will be immediately banned and/or their messages deleted

I think this answer your question. We also have an LDS mature board for more sensitive topics (upgraded members and few other requirements must be met for access)

Blog Read My Blog
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: OnHech Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,