Cold Turkey Reuben Sandwich

Cold Turkey Reuben Sandwich - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 9th Mar, 2014 - 3:05pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Archived Recipe: Main Dish
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2014 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Recipe name:

Recipe Type Recipe category:
Main Dish

What are your thoughts about this delicious dish?

Recipe Ingredients Recipe detials:

COLD TURKEY REUBEN SANDWISH
4 ts Plain Low-fat yogurt;

8 sl Rye Bread;

8 oz Turkey; breast thinly sliced

-and of course cooked 1 1/3 c Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage;

-drained (recipe to follow)
--SWEET & SOUR RED CABBAGE
-- 1 lb Red cabbage; shredded

1/2 c Cider vinegar;

1/2 c Water

2 tb Margarine

1/2 ts Salt

Sugar equivalent to a 2 tbs Sugar SANDWICH: Spread 1 teaspoon yogurt on each 4 slices of rye bread. Divide the sliced turkey among tops of the bread slices. Spoon 1/3 Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage on each sandwich; top with remaining bread. Food Exchange per serving: 2 STARCH EXCHANGES + 2 LEAN MEAT EXCHANGES CHO: 31g; FRO: 22g; FAT: 5g; CAL: 254; Low-sodium diets: Omit salt from Sweet and Sour Red Cabbage SWEET AND SOUR RED CABBAGE: Put cabbage, vinegar, water, margarine, and salt in a deep cooking pot. Cover and cook about 15 minutes or until crisp-tender, lifting and turnig with a large kitchen fork two or three times. Remove from heat. Add sweetener to cabbage gradually, lifting and mixing well with a fork. Drain off any liqiud Food Exchange per serving: 1 VEGETABLE EXCHANDGE + 1/2 FAT EXCHANGE CHO: 5g; PRO: 1g; FAT: 3g; CAL: 42; Low-sodium diets: Omit salt. Use unsalted margarine. Source: The Art of Cooking for the Daibetic by Mary Abbott Hess,R.D.,M.S. Brought to you and yours via Nancy O'Brion and her Meal-Master After is all is said and done, I think I would double the recipe for the SWEET AND SOUR CABBAGE only I would use both green and red. What the hay, do IT my way!!!! Cabbage is my thing!

Recipe Reviews Your opinion:
Do you think you can serve this for a party or get together?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: Thu May 16 13:45:43 GMT 2024 / Post ID: #

Add Comment
Can someone tell me more about cold turkey reuben sandwich is a good topic quickly for our correct and maybe get a better idea.

> TOPIC: Cold Turkey Reuben Sandwich

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,