Icc World Cup Cricket - Page 2 of 2

Well I have not seen any shake up or changes - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th May, 2007 - 1:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
<--TM of the 2007 ICC Cricket World Cup. This is happening in the West Indies this time around and everyone is abuzz about it save for the residents and business owners who live near the oval because security is so tight that it is practically shutting everything down.
8th May, 2007 - 10:36am / Post ID: #

Icc World Cup Cricket - Page 2

What has been the public response to this World Cup in the Carribbean?

I hate to state the obvious, but international reaction has been poor. The Bob Woolmer death, poor organisation and farcical end to the final took the shine of the tournament. It also reflected prroly on the West Indies.

Nobody will remember the World Cup for the cricket, even though Australia was the most dominant of any country who has won it. I think the ICC need a major wake up call and I hope this terrible tournament serves some purpose.

Sponsored Links:
8th May, 2007 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

Cricket Cup World Icc

Just as you said is how the general consensus is about the World Cup here. Basically, the ICC seemed to think that the people in the Caribbean were uniformed and willing to put up with bologna easily, but not so... the prices were ridiculous, the restrictions were implemented as though we were in North Korea and the time it took to execute the whole affair was over done. Just imagine, you could not even go in with a bottle of water, and people were made to pay totally ridiculous prices to get the same thing on the inside. No incentive at all.

Generally I find the game itself too long. I do not even watch test matches for this purpose. I believe the ICC may learn something from the 20/20 version (covered in another Thread).

8th May, 2007 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Icc World Cup Cricket Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Arvhic, you are absolutely right. Looking at the stadiums made you want to cry, it hardly had any people! The food prices were BEYOND ridiculous and at least in Trinidad people thought that they could *fool* foreigners by charging them whatever they wanted. Very few locals were able to afford the prices of the tickets, not to mention the West Indies team were playing like schoolboys. It was indeed a disappointed World Cup.

14th May, 2007 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Cricket Cup World Icc

I heard there were no passouts to the games. In a region as warm as the Carribbean, this strikes me as ludicrous. Obviously they knew well in advance that a lot of games were appalingly undersold. So why not handout tickets to locals and get school kids along to the games? A massive opportunity was missed to help promote the sport in the region.

I think the ICC is choking the life out of cricket and if they are not stopped soon the game will lose its appeal to many of the fringe countries. Any effort to grow cricket internationally has been strained by the very body that is trying to promote the game. Get rid of the old fuddy duddys and usher in new management. Can you believe that moron Percy (ICC Chief) handed out the World Cup trophy while a cricket icon Garfied Sobers was standing next to him. How disrespectful is that, made me cringe.

JB, I take your point about the game being too long, but I don't believe 20/20 is cricket. It's a different game which involves different skills. I am happy with the test and one day games, however, I believe the one day version could lose 10 overs. Test cricket can still draw crowds, just look at the last two Ashes series.

15th May, 2007 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Cricket Cup World Icc

Well I have not seen any shake up or changes in the ICC save for admittance that things should have been done differently - what a gross understatement - it needs overhauling.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Icc World Cup Cricket

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,