Attention Deficit Disorder

Attention Deficit Disorder - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 17th Dec, 2013 - 12:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Known as ADD
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2007 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

ADD is a neurobiologically-based developmental disability that usually affects children. The actual cause of ADD is unknown till date. Research has shown that ADD is caused due to the genetic transmission of the condition from the parents to the children and also can be due to the result of a chemical imbalance or deficiency of certain neurotransmitters.

Ref. https://www.internationaldiscussions.org/ar...t_d-a46819.html

Sponsored Links:
10th Aug, 2007 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Disorder Deficit Attention

I found this link while perusing the Dr Phil website. It focuses on nutrition for kids with Attention Deficit Disorder.

https://drphil.com/articles/article/152

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 10th Aug, 2007 - 7:59pm

Post Date: 14th Oct, 2007 - 10:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Attention Deficit Disorder Health & Special Psychology

ADHD is not just a childhood problem. Many children (~60%) with Attention Deficit continue to have problems as adults. Some do very well because of and inspite of ADD, but statistically, they have more divorces, job changes, accidents and substance abuse than their peers without ADHD. The good news is that when they get the right help they can live highly success ful lives.

14th Oct, 2007 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

Sarahjane, this Thread is about ADD which although it has simiar symptoms as AD / HD is in fact different. I noticed you went off on AD / HD, touched on ADD and then back to AD / HD.

Post Date: 8th Nov, 2007 - 4:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity are what I expect from kids in general. Is it just more of it with ADD or ADHD kids, or is there something else to it?

Post Date: 9th Nov, 2007 - 9:14am / Post ID: #

A Friend

ADD, ADHD, and AD/HD are all the same thing. The different acronyms represent historical stages in the understanding of what it is.

ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) came first and referred to kids who were impulsive, hyperactive and inattentive. Later the medical experts changed the name to AD/HD or ADHD, Attention Deficit with or without Hyperactivity Disorder when they came to understand that there are two separate problems: attentional problems and hyperactive-impulsive problems. A person can have one or the other or both.

The hyperactivity tends to diminish in adolescence and that is why people generally think that it is a childhood problem. Now the experts realize that the inattentive problems often continue into adulthood and that many children continue to have dysfunctional lives as adults because they can't pay attention.

Yes children with ADHD are not just normal kids who are specially active and energetic. ADHD is a difference in the way the brain is wired; neurotransmitters don't function as effectively as in a "normal " brain.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Nov, 2007 - 2:36pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Sarahjane)
ADD, ADHD, and AD/HD are all the same thing.

Maybe so in your opinion, however since this Thread is about the specifics of ADD then we Discuss ADD and not what you feel like. Additionally, white chocolate and dark chocolate is still chocolate, but they are not the same. If I ask for white chocolate and you give me dark and say it is all the same thing then I would have certain thoughts about you understanding and interpretation of things. This is a Constructive Posting Forum, check out our policy if you do not get it.

Post Date: 17th Dec, 2013 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Attention Deficit Disorder Psychology Special & Health

The Selling of Attention Deficit Disorder:

"The numbers make it look like an epidemic. Well, it's not. It's preposterous," Dr. Conners, a psychologist and professor emeritus at Duke University, said in a subsequent interview. "This is a concoction to justify the giving out of medication at unprecedented and unjustifiable levels." Ref. Source 8

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Attention Deficit Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,