Homophobia Still Plagues Quebec

Homophobia Plagues Quebec - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Mar, 2007 - 4:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Canada Quebec gays and lesbians still encounter discrimination at school, at work and at home.
Post Date: 8th Mar, 2007 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Homophobia Still Plagues Quebec

HOMOPHOBIA STILL PLAGUES QUEBEC

Quebec gays and lesbians still encounter discrimination at school, at work and at home, according to a new report for the province's Human Rights Commission.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/20...ia20070306.html

Sponsored Links:
8th Mar, 2007 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

Quebec Plagues Homophobia

Homophobia - an irrational fear of homosexuals.

Discrimination - unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of prejudice

Prejudice - An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.

Thus Discrimination - unfair treatment of a person or group on the basis of An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.

SO gay people are saying the general population are scared of them thus treating them badly. Makes sense, since, if you are scared of something or fear it you tend to chase it away or avoid it by not having the item around. This can and often I am sure results in a homosexual being banned from a club or getting second rate service at a restaurant. Solution educate people that gay people are not going to harm them thus eliminate the prejudice.

By no means does this mean to me that I have to accept the lifestyle of homosexuals as being correct or acceptable, but a every one should remember not to persecute a sinner for their sins but help them, by befriended them and take the opportunity to show them a better way of life.

My unwillingness to accept the lifestyle does not make me homophobic either as I accept the person for who they are. I just do not agree with their belief system. Sorry this is a sore spot with me.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

> TOPIC: Homophobia Still Plagues Quebec

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,