Chipmunk Introduction

Chipmunk Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 9th Mar, 2007 - 9:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

USA Politics / Business
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Chipmunk Introduction
A Friend

Chipmunk Introduction

Hello everyone,

I was perusing the internet about ten minutes ago, when I stumbled onto these forums through a link about progressive tax. I was surprised by what saw in the topic and starting messing with the boards and, lo and behold, here I am.

Anyway, I'm born and raised a Wisconsinite (North Central US). I'm still a full time student, quite active in after school activities. I'm interested in competitive swimming, politics, robotics, reading and snowboarding. I am fluent in English and can understand basic German.

I look to be active in most all of the forums, however I will likely be most active in the business, political and religion boards. I am looking forward to being a member.

Chipmonker

I am also quite amused by the smilies sad.gif . They seem kinda dead.
Unless of course, my browser has uncolored them.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 1:25am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.1%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Introduction Chipmunk

Hi Chipmunk, welcome. I hope you have a great time in our community. Feel free to check the boards around and join our many discussions. Now with regards to the smilies, we do not make emphasis on them (you are allowed only one per post). The reason for it is that people tend to over use them and make the whole post look teeny-boppy. This is an international, mature and intellectual forum where we hope to keep the highest standard of discussion so smilies are not really that important when we engage in our discussions.

Thanks for coming,
LDS

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

Chipmunk Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Honey, if you are looking for highlighted smilies then you are either A or B:

A: Did not read our Constructive Posting Policy / Rules
B: In the wrong Community

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Chipmunk Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Chipmunk

I'm quite sadden that there is such an large anti-smiley opposition here. I've always felt that smileys, while obnoxious in large numbers, add to the conversation by adding emotion and feeling to the post. Humans must communicate in non-verbal ways too, you know!

But, if I must, I'll follow the one smiley per post rule.

Thank you,
Chipmunk

Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

Introduction Chipmunk

I'm quite sadden that there is such an large anti-smiley opposition here

spock.gif I don't think you understood. We are not anti-smilies, we just regulate its use for the reasons I explained above.

But, if I must, I'll follow the one smiley per post rule.

Well, you "must" otherwise you won't be able to post your message because the system will reject it by stating you used more smilies than allowed.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 2:40am / Post ID: #

Chipmunk Introduction
A Friend

Chipmunk Introduction

LDS_forever, I think you've have interpreted my post wrong. I'm sorry for that and I won't post anything more.

However I do have some question before I go that I did not find in the guides/FAQs.

Why are there no timestamps on our posts and can I change that?
What is your policy on posting in topics that are old?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 3:03am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod

Chipmunk Introduction

LDS_forever, I think you've have interpreted my post wrong.

No, I did not.

Why are there no timestamps on our posts and can I change that?

You are using our Plain Skin (default). On the right top of this page you will see several options to change your skin, you will see now it says "Plain", if you click there you will see all the skins available to use in the forum. Choose one you like.

What is your policy on posting in topics that are old?

We do not consider any topics as old, so feel free to reply.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 9th Mar, 2007 - 9:33am / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.7%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Chipmunk Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

Hi Chipmunk, and welcome to the forum.
It sounds like you've got quite a few interests, that's good, and will help enable you to join in the topics of discussion!
I hope you enjoy your time here on the forum, and I look forward to reading your future posts.
Best wishes, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:

> TOPIC: Chipmunk Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,