Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Apr, 2010 - 4:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

TV Series 2006
Post Date: 14th Mar, 2007 - 1:57am / Post ID: #

Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty

How do you like the TV show Ugly Betty?

Description: Betty Suarez is smart, sweet and hard working. The only problem is that she's not thin and beautiful like all her coworkers at Mode, the high-fashion magazine where she works.

Sponsored Links:
14th Mar, 2007 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

Betty Ugly

I haven't seen the English version but it's the adaptation of a Spanish show. I heard the show is great but they have this little boy acting "gay" and if it's true, I think is a bit unnecessary even more for a kid.

17th Apr, 2007 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Ugly Betty Sports & Fashion Music Movies

The biggest amazement for me about this show is the main character. How could you accept a part that puts you as the 'ugly' one and makes fun of it too? The rest of the show is 'made for teeny boppers'.

17th Apr, 2007 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Betty Ugly

As a matter of fact, the actress did not want it to do it but the producer (Sama Hayek) convinced her after telling her the role was done "tastefully" and only then she accepted the role.

17th Apr, 2007 - 4:09am / Post ID: #

Betty Ugly

When I watched the first episode of Ugly Betty, I thought that it was a nice story but very unrealistic. It is very hard to believe that in a world that is dominated by Caucasians (especially in that particular industry) would select a Hispanic to work for them. There may be instances whereby other races may be selected for the job but they would never give a second thought, to hiring someone so ugly, even though the individual is well qualified for the job.

I do not condone the use of Ugly Betty's nephew who is portrayed as gay. I believe that parents should not allow their kids to watch this show because they are far too young to understand homosexuality. Also, children are impressionable and may wish to emulate the gay boy, since his behaviour would be interpreted by them as humorous and acceptable. I also frown upon how Ugly Betty's boss' promiscuity is often highlighted as comical and a normal way of life. I strongly believe that this projects the wrong message to impressionable minds, since it encourages infidelity and indicates that this type of behaviour is normal and acceptable for all men.

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 17th Apr, 2007 - 4:14am

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2010 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Ugly Betty

Ugly Betty - Season 4 Episode 20 - In the series finale, Betty is anxious about telling Daniel her future plans; Justin and Bobby try to convince Hilda that they should move to Manhattan; Amanda mourns the loss of a loved one; and Marc is discouraged by his romantic prospects.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Ugly Betty

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,