Pursuing The American Dream - Page 4 of 4

Yup, I understand this. There have been times - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Apr, 2017 - 6:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Best of  Pursuing American Dream
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

Pursuing The American Dream
A Friend

Pursuing The American Dream - Page 4

Our middle class is disappearing and there are more hungry than ever. While the rich consume at an alarming rate and tell the rest of us to stop.

Look at Leonardo DiCaprio. He goes here and there and then rails against global warming. Once he's done he takes his private plane along with three friends to Monaco to get on a private mega yacht with six other people, consuming enough resources for a thousand people while he does this. And we in the middle and bottom are to blame too as we idolize these people and strive to be like them, consuming ourselves into huge debt along the way.

We are at an alarming point in our history and it should scare us. The American dream is harder to attain than at any time and maybe that's because of our run away consumerism.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dream American Pursuing

The American dream to own a house to have two kids a nice yard and a dog to play with. To have a healthy life of fulfillment and watch our kids grow to be productive adults. What happened to this dream? Where did we go wrong? These are two very hard to answer questions. Currently we have many people who are still having the American dream and many who are not. We have many who are in debt over their heads and then some but others who are not. It is not always the rich who are obtaining this many of the middle class are still making it. The issue with the dream is that I feel the government is trying to take it away from us because they want a nation of dependents.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Pursuing The American Dream History & Civil Business Politics

KN,

I don't think it's all the Government. I think that's part of it. I think a lot of it is market factors that nobody truly understands. And some of it is that we've entered a post industrial era time and the turbulence that is causing is still being felt… or maybe it's just starting and things will get worse. But all of this taken together makes me think change will accelerate rather than level off or slow down. The American Dream may be just that now, a dream.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 5:05am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 4 Dream American Pursuing

The majority of Americans (65%) are losing sleep over money issues:

Americans are more stressed than ever - and for most of them, their bank accounts are to blame. Ref. Source 9r.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dream American Pursuing

Yup, I understand this. There have been times I've worried about similar issues. The fact that we are in a time where things change so quickly is also stressful. Many people wonder whether their jobs will exist next week or whether they will be moved to India or taken over by a computer.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Pursuing The American Dream

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,