Sleep In Church

Sleep Church - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 22nd Mar, 2007 - 6:14pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

?
Poll: Do you sleep when attending church?
  Yes, all the way through       0.00%
  Yes, but only a little bit       12.50%
  No, but sometimes I really want to       62.50%
  No, that would be disrespectful       25.00%
Total Votes: 8
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2005 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Sleep In Church

Do you ever find yourself sleeping in Church? What are your legit reasons for doing so?

DO YOU SNOOZE IN CHURCH?

Americans are considered sleep-deprived in today's modern society, but is that lack of enough `Z's` also causing worshippers to snooze in church? Most local ministers say no, but many have strived to make services more interactive and less napper friendly.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...62338%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
19th Nov, 2005 - 3:30pm / Post ID: #

Church Sleep

Sometimes I do go to Church very tired and tend to find my eyes closing shut, but I do not let myself fall to sleep. I would find it very disrespectful to be totally out and would prefer to just leave and find rest elsewhere.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2005 - 4:31am / Post ID: #

Sleep In Church
A Friend

Sleep In Church Beliefs Religious General

I will be honestly, some pastors bore me with how they present their message. Some people just are not good public speakers, or they have lost some of that spark they had at one time. They can just go on and on and on and no matter how hard I try, I cannot make any sense out of what point they are trying to get across. My eyes will start to droop sometimes, but I will not allow myself to fall asleep.

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 9:24am / Post ID: #

Sleep In Church
A Friend

Church Sleep

I would get up and act like I had to go to the bathroom or something before sleeping in church. If a pastor cannot keep me interested then I would not be going. Besides, its rude to the pastor and those around you to sleep. Of course, I have known older church goers that have been their for a long time that drift off, but no one really cares, its kinda cute, in a way....

21st Mar, 2007 - 10:59pm / Post ID: #

Church Sleep

It's hard sometimes when you're in church and you've been up all night with the kids, it can leave you worn out and the minute you sit down for the church service it can take its toll.
Most people sitting through a church service have arrived bright and breezy after having had a good quality nights sleep, so normally it wouldn't affect them on how long the service was, but to people who haven't slept the whole night, it can be pretty hard sitting still for the time that the sermon is being given... unless it is broken up by standing up and down for hymn singing, which our church normally doesn't do in the middle of it.
If I felt my head nodding and my eyes rolling, I think that I would make my way outside for 5 minutes of fresh air. At the end of the day, it can't be that pleasant for the Pastor watching all the congregation falling asleep one by one!

22nd Mar, 2007 - 5:49am / Post ID: #

Sleep In Church

Our church doesn't have just one pastor/minister sermonizing each week, we have just "regular folks" assigned to give "talks" each week, usually around 15 minutes. I try to be attentive and listen to their message, but, as someone pointed out earlier, some folks aren't cut out for public speaking. So I try to pay attention and stay awake - it could be me up there one day, and I hope people will give me the same respect and courtesy to at least keep their eyes open. I've sometimes had to take a little walk....

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Mar, 2007 - 6:14pm / Post ID: #

Sleep Church

Some times I am just tired and if the minister starts repeating themselves I start to zone out. I really hate that as I know how much work is put into give a service. So for your pastures out there keep it short and to the point! I really enjoy the worship at the start and having the prayer session at the end so those who need to can go.

> TOPIC: Sleep In Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,