Mormon Easter Celebrations

Mormon Easter Celebrations - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Feb, 2008 - 10:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Why don't we make more emphasis on this special holiday?
7th Apr, 2007 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

I am not sure if everybody would agree with me on this one or not but I do not see the Church emphasizes Easter as much as Christmas. Why do you think that is? Also I was thinking, should we join the fun activities that take place on Good Friday since that is the day that marks the death of Jesus Christ?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2007 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Celebrations Easter Mormon

I agree LDS I think we should focus just as much on Easter as we do on Christmas. As far as joining in on good Friday. If you read the Scriptures Christ wasn't crusified on a friday, but on a thursday, Friday during the passover is considered as the High Day (or something like that) it is held as a sabbath.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2007 - 5:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormon Easter Celebrations Studies Doctrine Mormon

Here is Arizona it's a big deal at the Temple. They produce the Easter Pagent with thousands of people in attendance. Like 1 showing per evening for a week. Families, both member and nonmember bring blankets and lay them out on the grass, eat, and and enjoy the show.

12th Jul, 2007 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

I am not sure that the Church has ever focused strictly on the death of Jesus Christ (As many other Churches do) as much as it has cumulative story of atonement from Gethsemene to the Cross and onto the Resurrection.

I believe as a whole the Church focuses more on the fundamentals of Easter and Christmas on a daily basis. "we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ," and we hopefully live our live in such a way that the the principles of Easter and Christmas are a daily pursuit. When those holidays do come, we focus more acutely on the principles celebrated by Easter and Christmas.

I do not believe it would be inappropriate to attend events put on by other faiths if we understand the symbolism and it does not conflict with the teachings of the Church.

Rather off topic, but...

Where I live in Arizona there is not much that goes on on Good Friday. Out of my own ignorance of the subject I am curious what fun events usually take place on Good Friday

12th Jul, 2007 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

dbackers, back home in Argentina as well as here in Trinidad children have Youth camps including dances, etc in the Easter holidays (including Thursday and Friday). I always thought it was a little odd.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2007 - 8:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I agree with dbackers...the church has never really celebrated the death of Jesus Christ like other churches...thats why we don't hang crosses at our chapels...most church scholars believe that Jesus was resurrected on april 5th so I don't know why we would celebrate easter when its always towards the middle of april...We as members should focus not on his death...but ultimately focus and celebrate the life of The Savior...well thats my two cents for now

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2008 - 8:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think it's really strange that our Christmas and Easter traditions are from Pagan practices.
Sometimes I wonder what the Lord thinks of these holidays. If my family celebrated my
birthday on a different day like when there's a full moon or some other date with a
Pagan theme, that would be very weird. I wish we could reconstruct our holidays to make
them well... less Pagan and more about Christ. But that would make Saint Nicholas upset huh.

25th Feb, 2008 - 10:20am / Post ID: #

Mormon Easter Celebrations Mormon Doctrine Studies

Mooney:

I wish we could reconstruct our holidays to make
them well... less Pagan and more about Christ.

I understand your point about the date itself but I do think LDS Christmases focus a lot about Christ and his birth as the true purpose of the celebration or are you speaking in general?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormon Easter Celebrations

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,