Mormons That Say Hallelujah

Mormons Hallelujah - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Jan, 2008 - 8:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
27th Dec, 2007 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Do you think there is anything wrong with saying "Hallelujah" during your worship on Sunday?

Sponsored Links:
27th Dec, 2007 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

Hallelujah That Mormons

Personally, I do not think there is anything wrong with it neither to those who say "Amen". I think most members of the Church would find it odd because they do not want to be compared to Evangelists or any other Religion. The early Brethren used the word Hallelujah quite often in meetings.

28th Dec, 2007 - 3:07am / Post ID: #

Mormons That Say Hallelujah Studies Doctrine Mormon

How would I use that? I mean other than amen for prayers and such when would I say that?

28th Dec, 2007 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Hallelujah That Mormons

In any way you please, there is no restriction to saying it or when to say it so long at it is done in a reverent manner. Do not get me wrong, I do not go around saying this word, but I brought it up to see if we are too worried about what others thing to show vocal praise.

31st Dec, 2008 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Hallelujah That Mormons

UPDATE--I deleted the previous response when my smarter half reminded me it was the Hosannah shout they used at the temple dedications, NOT Hallelujah! Sorry about that for anyone who read the original post! undecided.gif

Someone mentioned that the early brethren used it --I think they used it sometimes because of the religious background they already had. I think it is like you said JB, fine as long as it is used reverently.

Reconcile Edited: AlaskanLDS on 31st Dec, 2008 - 3:41am

5th Jan, 2008 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Nothing wrong with it, but a person may get some questioning looks as it is not something that happens everyday. At least where I live.
I sometimes like to watch other religions and see the excitement that they show in their worship. I believe they will be blessed for their enthusiasm with a portion of the spirit.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Jan, 2008 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

Mormons That Hallelujah

I'd feel weird saying that out loud just cause no one else says it.

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2008 - 8:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormons That Hallelujah Mormon Doctrine Studies

I don't think its that quite customary to use now in the church. The only time I even say the word is singin Hymns.
I don't see anything wrong, or it actually being a sin to say....

In the mission field, we were teaching these pentecostals, and they would say amen or hallelujah after reading a scripture, making a valid point, or bearing testimony
quite frankly, it got repetiive and I could feel the presence of the spirit drifting away...

In all honesty, I would feel 'weird' saying it at church.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormons That Say Hallelujah

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,