The Special Needs Student in Trinidad - Page 2 of 3

There are very few special needs schools in - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th Jan, 2014 - 1:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
In The Trinidad & Tobago School System
Post Date: 9th Dec, 2012 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

The Special Needs Student in Trinidad - Page 2

Name: Chris

Title: Special needs children

Comments: I am interested in moving to T&T with my special needs kid... What is the special school system like over there. Also what are the doctors like for children with epilepsy? And the children's hospitals?

Sponsored Links:
10th Dec, 2012 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Student Special The

Unless you can afford private care and schooling there is virtually nothing either way, so I hope you can afford it.

Post Date: 9th Oct, 2013 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

The Special Needs Student in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Natalie

Title: Children with autism

Comments: I am an ABA therapist that work with children with special needs and autism. I am so concern that there aren't any school for children with autism in Trinidad. Teachers are not trained or specialized to teach special needs children. I spent 10 days in Trinidad and I volunteer to work one and one with autistic kids. It was sad to hear many of the stories that was told to me from parents whose kids are autistic. There children are not being diagnosed until they are older unless they have money, parents can't afford to pay private programs etc. Please inform me on schools that are available. For special needs kids. I am a teacher that is willing to train teachers to work with autistic kids.

15th Oct, 2013 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Trinidad Student Special The

Natalie, I am afraid that I personally cannot recommend any school. My experience finding one has been a nightmare.

As an educator, I deal every day with several children with special needs in the classroom. I also try to reach out to them and do the best I can to help them...until you call the parents many times who in the end, they end up blaming YOU for trying to help. It is absolutely crazy.

Post Date: 16th Oct, 2013 - 12:10am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Student Special The

Name: Neisha

Title: Learning Disabilities

Comments: I am concerned about the lack of assessment or diagnosis of persons with learning disability (LD) in our country. I wonder if this occurs because of the stigma attached to learning disabilities or any any disability or is it because parents,teachers and caretakers are not aware of the symptoms of disabilities. There is also a lack of any information regarding LD's or developmental disorders in our schools or our Education offices. How do we go about changing this?

Post Date: 2nd Dec, 2013 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

The Special Needs Student in Trinidad

Name: Sagine

Comments: Hello, I am a 27 year old female ABA therapist for children with autism in Montreal Canada, I have also worked with children with downsyndrome and other special needs. I am planning on moving to Port of Spain in summer 2014, I am desperatly looking for work with children with special needs in Trinidad, can someone help me out with referrals to [organizations] or schools or centres or even working privately with families in Trinidad? Thank you

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jan, 2014 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

The Special Student Trinidad - Page 2

Name: Jenelle

Title: kids with special needs.

Comments: I'm looking for a school in Trinidad that deals with kids with special need (ADHD). [..] I'm in New York now but leaving soon to come Trinidad to live.

27th Jan, 2014 - 1:00pm / Post ID: #

The Special Student Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

There are very few special needs schools in Trinidad and they tend to be 'picky' about who they let in. If your child is AD / HD then they will most likely require that he is medicated but it depends on the severity. Which area of Trinidad will you be moving to?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: The Special Needs Student in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,