War & Taxes

War Taxes - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Oct, 2011 - 12:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

From a MONEY point of view...
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2007 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

War & Taxes

War and Taxes: With 40% of IRS Revenue Going to Military, Resisters Prepare to Withhold Taxes to Protest War

Tax day is this Tuesday. The Internal Revenue Service is expected to take inover $2 trillion dollars this year. Nearly 40 percent of that total will goto military related expenses. Tax resisters across the country are planningto withhold part or all of their taxes to protest the war. We speak withPamela Schwartz of the National Priorities Project and Runn Benn of theNational War Tax Resistance Coordinating Committee.
Read More: www.democracynow.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/12/1348218

War & Taxes
War & Taxes (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
13th Apr, 2007 - 1:10am / Post ID: #

Taxes and War

Way to go Pamela! Veterans are not getting what they need and your solution is...give them nothing for a while. Well, the penalty that you pay for your delay in payment (and I hope you get MILLION AND MILLIONS to sign up for this protest) will be a nice windfall for the government and the military. Wow, this is totally misguided!

If they actually have numbers and were smart, there would be a huge protest on the Mall in DC (right in front of the Lincoln Memorial). Get a few million people out there and now you got some force behind the movement. However, the fact is that they aren't really that upset about it because all this requires is for you to sit down and do nothing. Not really much of a message in my book.

I do hope that some of these tax protestors are actually getting a refund. The idea that they would delay their refund and get a penalty for filing late just tickles me to death.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2009 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

War & Taxes History & Civil Business Politics

Wealth tax to pay for war?

What a shocker, politicians trying to find new revenue sources come up with the ever so unique solution of...taxing the rich! Yup, that's what Congressman David Obey is proposing. Tax the rich, because they don't know what 'shared sacrifice' means. Really? If anyone doesn't know what shared sacrifice means, it's the poor because they are never asked to pay for anything. Glenn responds to yet another tax proposal. Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2011 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Taxes and War

Why Tax the Rich to Pay for More War?
By Robert Naiman

If we're going to use the money to kill, imprison, and otherwise oppress people in other countries who have done us no wrong, I would just as soon let Warren Buffett keep his money. Ref. Source 7

> TOPIC: War & Taxes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,