Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom - Page 6 of 14

Name: Redflag Comments: To me this isn't - Page 6 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 1st Jun, 2010 - 4:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (14) »
Mormons Smoking Pot
Controversial Mormon Issue
31st May, 2010 - 2:29am / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom - Page 6

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 30-May 10, 8:04 PM)
All the other talk is either weak minded sheepy nonsense or Pharisee like adherence to the "Law"....and we know which side of the fence the Lord is on with respect to that.

Hey brother first of all I wanted to say sorry about what you went through as a child. Second the whole adherence to the law is the present church doctrine you know what am I saying? Don't we believe in obeying and sustaining the law? Well non-medical marijuana is illegal, pretty straightforward fact.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 3:39pm / Post ID: #

Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

Name: Peabo

Comments: The Missouri extermination order was the law too (only until recently by the way). You didn't see many church members rushing to adhere to that one did you?
John Taylor deliberately avoided apprehension by Federal authorities because he was breaking the law - do you think his bishop pulled his Temple Recommend or attempted to discipline him? Daniel prayed to God despite the law - that turned out OK - seems God gave him a pass on that one. German Jews were aided by church members in contravention of the law.... And of course the you.S. Government is consistently honorable, wise and forthright in its dealings with mankind - ask the Indians. Are you beginning to see a pattern? Since we are talking about a misdemeanor in most states, we are dealing with the equivalent of jaywalking - albeit with a lot of propaganda and emotional baggage. Why? Because the sheep (the populace) are being / have been worked by the Godless Pharisees (Babylon, Uncle Sam, The Fuhrer, DuPont, Merck, Pfizer etc...)as they have been for ages. The regulation by the state of our diets stems from English common law where the understanding was that everyone was the property of the king and therefore must conduct themselves "profitably" as determined by the Sovereign. This is why there are laws against suicide. (Although I have always wondered what the punishment would be....and exactly how would you get conviction?) Well you know what? I (underlined - repeated three times) am Sovereign. I am compelled to comply with anything by one of two things, 1) Personal conviction that a statute is binding or 2) Fear of consequence or retribution due to my contravention of the law. For anyone to pontificate on my logic and motivations for letting my bloodstream do a little jaywalking when it makes such a difference in my day to day well being is again responding with ill considered dogma (sheep) or is blindly dismissing the numerous examples of adhering to a higher law in a beautifully cadenced lockstep (Pharisee)

The syllogism goes like this:

Prop 1 - Civil laws can be righteously broken without spiritual condemnation when there is a greater good being served. (Scriptures and practice bear this out - call it a Religious Axiom if you like)

Prop 2 - As a sovereign (full definition) being, I have the agency to determine whether or not any unlawfulness is serving a greater good....especially, especially in an instance where we are talking about altering only MY synapses.

Conclusion : Per MY determination, a greater good is being served by any unlawful acts I undertake as it relates to Cannabis. Despite risk of consequence.

Take this bit knowledge to the smartest person YOU have EVER met and ask them if it holds water. Let me know what they have to say.

31st May, 2010 - 4:43pm / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom Studies Doctrine Mormon

Peabo you know what? I agree with a lot of things you said you know what am I saying? However I think the comparisons you're making are kind of weird. We cant compare issues such as polygamy, holocaust, etc to someone trying to use the drug to get "high" in an almost hobby-like behavior. Notice I didn't say those who have medical reasons for the use eh (although I have my reservations) but those who just use it for the fun of it. Whether we like it or not thats what the law states. Now whether you think civil laws can be justifiable broken thats your opinion certainly not the church position.

Rather off topic, but...
If you read any of my posts here you will see I'm far from following blindly.

31st May, 2010 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

international QUOTE (Peabo)
especially in an instance where we are talking about altering only MY synapses.

If I can just add my $.02 here: Go ahead and alter your own synapses, as long as you keep them with you at home. If you go out and drive, bike, walk in traffic, skateboard, etc., under the influence in public, you are risking more than just your own.

I don't care how well you think you can handle yourself DUI, pot affects your judgment and your reflexes. I smoked it in my teenage years, and it made me nothing but stupid. I hung out with a lot of potheads, and it made them nothing but stupid. Mixed with alcohol, nearly comatose.

I'm no fan of the bloated, self-serving government, but what does that have to do with anything? I appreciate that you are a smart dude, but be careful about pot-induced stupidity and bias.

Post Date: 31st May, 2010 - 10:17pm / Post ID: #

Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

Name: Peabo

Comments: Walking in traffic? Biking? Skateboarding? Gobs of empirical evidence there of disproportionate risk taking and negative consequences/outcomes - NOT
Talk to me after a two or three decades of daily use with no traffic tickets or accidents, a sustained career path and 25 years of a happy well adjusted family life. Yes there are others that can attribute a lot of their failures to improper substance ingestion - but chances are that they were predisposed to be losers in the first place so the presence of any given psychoactive substance becomes an anchor around the neck of those that conduct themselves with responsibility, caution and restraint. I cannot be made responsible for every idiot stoner out there. I can however balk at the waste of my tax dollars trying to enforce a prohibition that has never and will never work. Aided in fact by organized crime and the law enforcement community because of their vested interests in maintaining the status quo. Isn't the gross manipulation of what should be, evident. Anybody that wants weed can get it and it will remain so.
The point is, if it were not for the Government and its manipulated agenda, Cannabis would have remained an option for any sort of analgesic treatment great or small - Not the propagandized bugaboo bill of goods our society has been spoonfed by its controllers. So the question remains:
Is the King entitled to the control of my ingestion and digestion? By what authority is the King/State/Law granted that control? No one on this board can give a satisfactory answer since it must be acknowledged the we are Sovereign beings - If the outer boundary of behaviour is set by the alcohol standard (legal), then every instance of Cannabis
use great or small falls well within that boundary. Come one come all and defeat the logic I present.

1st Jun, 2010 - 1:22am / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom

Peabo, everything comes down to this: You give it up in order to get your temple recommend so you adhered to the "laws" or "policies" the Church has with regards to marijuana. It's great that you made that decision.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 3:05pm / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom
A Friend

Mormons Marijuana & Word Wisdom - Page 6

I'll quote scripture,

It was mentioned during 3rd hour last Sunday that everytime we read the BoM we get something different. Different passages mean different things to us every time we reread them.

D&C 59:17-18 reads

international QUOTE
"Yea, and the herb, and the good things which come of the earth, whether for food or for raiment, or for houses, or for barns, or for orchards, or for gardens, or for vineyards:
Yea, all things which come of the earth, in the season thereof, are made for the benefit and the use of man, both to please the eye and to gladden the heart."

In verse 20 it says,
international QUOTE
"And it pleaseth God that he hath given all these things unto man: for unto this end were they made to be used, with judgment, not to excess, neither by extortion."

I am reminded of the Rastifarian belief. To those of you who arent familiar with this religion, most Rastifarians reside in Jamaica. They smoke marijuana and they do not cut their hair because they believe they shouldnt cut their hair. They are a very "spiritual" people. I remember Jesus had long hair as well.

It would seem to me that if we used marijuana, as a seasoning, instead of rolling it up and smoking it, it wouldnt be so bad. Just like salt or pepper, and Lord knows salt kills people too. Marijuana doesnt.

In verse 20 it says use good judgement and in verse 19 to gladden the heart. Judgment is KEY. Don't go out in public and "act a fool." Use it in the comfort of your own home, to relax yourself, gladden your heart, and ease your mind.

Again, not condoning it, but simply debating the point. In my eariler post I only had personal experience to back up my argument, this is a start I believe.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2010 - 4:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Marijuana & Word Wisdom Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 6

Name: Redflag

Comments: To me this isn't even an issue. We are talking about an ILLEGAL drug! Used outside the bounds of medical use and I mean REAL medical use is breaking the Word of Wisdom.

> TOPIC: Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,