Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom - Page 7 of 14

Anything that alters the mind is very dangerous - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 19th Aug, 2010 - 1:55am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 14 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (14) »
Mormons Smoking Pot
Controversial Mormon Issue
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2010 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom - Page 7

Name: Peabo

Comments: After further thought, here are the facts in a nutshell.
For the greater part of the history of the church we had due access to a common medicine that had no church issues associated with it health code wise that I am aware of - (please direct me to journal entries, church documents etc.. If I am guessing wrong.) With the change of law in 1937? the Church was forced to jump the fence regarding the innocent flower [..] Again my friends, pick your poison - Sheep or Pharisee. At least offer substantiated statements / premises that you can build a proper argument from instead of "it's illegal" (remember Daniel's prayers) or "I knew some losers who -fill in the blank- because they where high.

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Please keep to the Topic. References to Polygamy not necessary.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Jun, 2010 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

Peabo, the burden of proof is on you. When giving your opinion, which is largely what it is... Just your opinion, you need to give LDS sources of scripture or quotes that specifically back up your claim. This is not a general Discussion about the Word of Wisdom, it is specific to Marijuana therefore your proof will also have to be specific and worded.

2nd Jun, 2010 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom Studies Doctrine Mormon

Wait a minute...so Peabo, you support the use of marijuana out of the realm of being used as medicine? I don't know what change of law you're speaking about but marijuana has been forbidden here in Utah from 1917 I believe.

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2010 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 7 Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

Large marijuana operation found in Davis County

CENTERVILLE - Officials needed a helicopter and crews from several agencies to remove more than 12,000 marijuana plants being grown on Forest Service land near Centerville Sunday. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2010 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Wisdom Word and Marijuana Mormons

Name: NonMarijuanaUser

Comments: R.E. Veteran
Marijuana was never forbidden until the 1937 when Harry J. Anslinger using propaganda and yellow journalism helped pass anti marijuana legislation known as the "Marijuana Tax act of 1937" (long story). Marijuana laws in Utah were enacted in 1915 not making it illegal, but along with several other states the legislation required a prescription to be held by the user given by a doctor or veterinarian. Along with marijuana (described as cannabis indica) alcohol, morphine, opium, cocaine, heroin, alpha or beta eucaine, chloroform, chloral hydrate, and acetanilide, were also on the list of regulated substances. Utah's law mimicked California's current law passed in 1913 and both were working from the model legislation proposed by the American PHARMACEUTICAL Association (emphasis added).

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2010 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom
A Friend

Hi all, I have not read any of this topic before and I am amazed at how there are so many different views on Marijuana.

I have battled with particular substances for many years. I started drinking and smoking at the age of 15 and also had the odd "joint". That odd joint became a Friday night social chill-out joint and soon became a binge drinking drug taking all weekender's!

I realized that smoking joints were causing a lot of side effects I.e. Paranoia, tiredness and depression.
I knew I had to stop smoking it but I found it very difficult because my body became dependent on it, plus my friends still smoked it and the aroma kept on enticing me to have "just one drag".
I struggled for two years to get myself completely free of Marijuana and when I did I felt a big difference, I was less paranoid and I also lost a bit of weight because I was no longer suffering with the "munchies"

Unfortunately I was still smoking and drinking and hung around with the wrong crowds and one day I was offered a "joint" (by my husband, even though he knew how much I had struggled the first time to stop using it)
I was weak, I hadn't the confidence to say no (at least that is what I then believed)

I didn't smoke it as often as I used to but I noticed I was becoming paranoid again, thinking that everyone was talking about me and laughing at me behind my back. I was becoming anxious and depressed and it certainly helped me to love my husband less.

I have once and for all stopped using Marijuana plus I have now gone 11 months in total without alcohol and tobacco.

Now that I have rid ALL these ADDICTIVE substances from my body, I can think clearly, act normally, smell and taste things much better and most importantly I enjoy life.

I do not advise anyone to use Marijuana for any reason, it is Satan that entices us to use it, it is Satan that wants us to argue so much about this manner, it is Satan who is trying to destroy us...I am begging all who read this to not let Satan ruin life. Just because he has no life does not mean he can control or take away our lives.
I love you all, even though I have not met anyone here, but we are all seeking the same eternal blessing xxxx

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Aug, 2010 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Mormons Marijuana & Word Wisdom - Page 7

Name: Hyrum

Comments: Marijuana advocates, save your heart felt opinions for free thinkers, I"m afraid you"re words are falling on deaf ears. It's like having a panic attack, if you"ve never had one, you"ll never know what it's like. I have depression and I"ve tried a lot of different prescription drugs, all with bad side effects. Escalith almost killed me. Don't ask me why my Dr. Prescribed me it, I don't think he really cared about me anyway. Marijuana is the only thing that has ever actually helped my depression, oh well, if I"m "lazy," At least I"m happy. I"ll tell you one thing, the government doesn't want free thinkers everywhere, they want productive citizens. Indoctrination is real, synonym, brain washing. Conspiracies are real, that's why there is a word for it. Secret combination's in the government are real; otherwise the prophets of the Book of Mormon wouldn't have warned and forewarned latter-day saints of them. It's interesting that the lord hasn't commanded that a statement or stance of the church be made about marijuana. I hope the big guy is smoking a big blunt right now. Cherish your unique perception of being a "Stoner" wear it like a badge of courage. Stoners don't usually care so much about what people think of them. I go to church stoned every week, because I couldn't handle the social anxiety otherwise. Thankfully my ward has cool people in it. I"d rather be happy than worry about what stereo type I fall under. Some people love their pills and their doctors love prescribing them to them. Let bygones be bygones. I feel closer to the lord smoking pot because it's hard to feel the spirit when you don't want to live. The police aren't very cool out here but Jesus went to prison for what he believed in. I think Jesus would rather we lifted stones to build a house, not to through them at people. I"m building a green house so that I can live in it. Hyrum's a pot head, independent U.S. Inventor.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2010 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mormons Marijuana & Word Wisdom Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

Anything that alters the mind is very dangerous to a Christian. Why even contemplate? If you are suffering than go to the doctor of all doctors and ask Him to heal you.

international QUOTE
1Nephi 7:12 Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him.

Matt. 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

"For with God nothing will be impossible." (Luke 1:37)

"Yet you do not have because you do not ask." (James 4:2)

"Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the Church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven." (James 5:14)

"If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you." (Exodus 15:26)

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

> TOPIC: Mormons, Marijuana & The Word Of Wisdom

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,