Akon Performance In Trinidad

Akon Performance Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 19th Apr, 2007 - 5:45pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »
Why some young girls need to act up like prostitutes? Where are the parents of these girls? Check the article and look at her outfit, she even looks underage. Should the government stop these kinds of performances or does it seem to be entrenched in the culture?
Akon Performance In Trinidad Related Information to Akon Performance In Trinidad
16th Apr, 2007 - 1:19am / Post ID: #

[b]Akon Performance In Trinidad

When I read the article, I could not believe it but when I saw the youtube video that someone sent me (Which I won't post here, I was absolutely shocked). Why some young girls need to act up like prostitutes? Why didn't anyone stopped this crazy guy? Where are the parents of these girls? Check the article and look at her outfit, she even looks underage.

international QUOTE
International superstar Akon lived up to his name as he conned seven ladies into dancing onstage during his performance on Thursday night at the Zen nightclub in Port of Spain.

The star from Senegal managed to convince the ladies, who made their way onstage, that they were taking part in a global contest and that they could earn a fabulous grand prize trip to Africa if they won.

The competition was then filmed by Akon's crew and later revealed to be a mere sham for the entertainment of the audience present, and an even greater potential global audience, as he promised to upload the footage onto the popular Internet video website www.youtube.com.

After performing his string of hit singles, including "Ghetto", "Locked Up", "Soul Survivor" And "I Wanna Love You", Akon requested and secured seven volunteers "To represent Trinidad" In the contest. He claimed that he had done this "Everywhere he went", and that "Africa was currently ranked number one", with "Atlanta" And "London" Coming in second and third, respectively.

He said: "We've never done this in the Caribbean before, but my DJ assures me that Trinidad has the best winers. Is that true? Well, y'all gotta represent here. Come on up now. Don't be scared."

The star then assured the audience that the local winner would compete in the finals against "Africa". As the contest began, each lady tried to out-wine the other to the sounds of Akon's recent collaboration, "Smack That", which features hip-hop star Eminem.

The crowd roared their approval of the eventual winner, who was then taken two short steps "To Africa" By Akon and promised that she could name her prize herself, if she defeated the best of Africa: none other than Akon himself.

Later on, Akon would have his way with the petite young lady: turning, twisting and even flipping her body, while mimicking sexual positions and acts all over the stage for three consecutive rounds....

Sponsored Links:
17th Apr, 2007 - 5:25pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Performance Akon

I saw the UTube video and the stupid girl that went on stage and all I can say is the following:

1. The girl needs counseling... she is obviously missing something in her life
2. I was not surprised that T&T people find this 'entertaining' because the general level of thinking here - the majority - look at every woman as a sexual object
3. If the government is really serious about helping the youth of our nation then they would fine the performer Akon and ban him from reappearing in this country.

Rather off topic, but...
Think I am harsh? I think Carnival should be thrown in a rubbish bin as well as most of those body movements are portrayed and esteemed highly during that period.

17th Apr, 2007 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

LDS this is what happens when we become "star struck." We fail to think with our brains and become obssessed with having 5 seconds of fame. I have not seen the video but I do have a good idea of what she would be wearing and how she behaved. I have seen the latest styles in boutiques that young people believe is acceptable to wear. I am not sure how they convince their parents why they should wear these revealing outfits though. I have also seen first hand how people behave at Carnival time or at fetes. And this is why I can safely say that I would have a clear idea of what was shown on YouTube.

Sir V.S. Naipaul referred to Trinidadians as "mimic men." Unfortunately, Trinidadians seem to enjoy emulating and adopting all the worst values from other countries, based on what they see on television or in the movies. All the girls who went on stage are obviously very misguided individuals and they have no respect for themselves. In life we create our experiences by the behaviour we choose. If these ladies had an ounce of common sense, they would have never allowed themselves to be degraded by this so called superstar. Then again, the parents have a role to play here too. If the parents are neglecting their children or do not reinforce any "structure" in their child's life, then this would be the outcome. Very sad but true. I agree with JB that the government should fine and ban Akon from returning here. But are there any laws here in Trinidad against lewd behaviour in public?

Rather off topic, but...
Isn't the main reason why the Judge did not grant a bar licence to the people who wished to have the Manzanilla After Carnival Cool Down Fete was, to discourage the lewd performances on the beach? I believe last year this fete was stopped due to the indecenct acts in public!

17th Apr, 2007 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Believe me Geenie, the video was ...unbelievable. The video is no longer available, I suppose due to the controversy the person removed it. Carnival is NOTHING compared to that video. Just think of a simulated rape and that's exactly what it was. I was in shocked, but the people did not seem so. Can you tell me there was no one there to stop him? What about Zen's organizers? Shame!

Rather off topic, but...
Since you mentioned Naipaul, I opened a thread about him here:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....topic=23394&hl=

18th Apr, 2007 - 12:32pm / Post ID: #

Is this something he normally does at his shows or was it the girl leading him on to this? In the video it shows her already in a 'position' with him standing around... why was she just lying there in the first place?

UPDATE: Actually the latest video which replaced the other shows the women actually dominating him and NOT the other way around, so much so that security had remove the women!

Makes you wonder who was really the stupid ones.

18th Apr, 2007 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

On this tour, he usually fools girls into competitions, in this one he told them that whoever wins a "dutty wine" competition, they will be rewarded with a trip to Africa. The stupid girls who entered believe that. The thing even if there was not such "competition", girls would do it for free! *shaking head* They think they look hot, but they look like idiots.

He does the same thing everywhere he goes but not near as bad as the one in Zen, here in Trinidad. He used the girl like a mop floor and the stupid kid with a big smile on her face. It makes you wonder where the heck are the parents of these girls and how they leave them go out dressing like that.

The thing I am sure, the kid right now thinks she is so popular and "wanted" Yes, because looking like a prostitute is such a good thing. *shaking head*

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2007 - 11:46pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad

Akon's birth name is: Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Locku Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam. He was born in Senegal, Africa.

19th Apr, 2007 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Akon Performance Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I can't believe this guy is actually married with kids. He was in jail for five years and look at how our young people (specially girls) are all over him. He is also a Muslim and practices Polygamy. I wonder if what he did in Zen, represents the views of Muslims in Trinidad and Tobago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akon

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (11) »

> TOPIC: Akon Performance In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,