Virginia Tech University - Page 3 of 6

SLAIN VIRGINIA TECH STUDENTS TO BE AWARDED - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 20th Apr, 2007 - 12:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
A Virginia Tech student goes into an anger rampage and murders 31 people and them commits suicide. Could more have been done? Is Virginia Tech really a safe place to study? What is your view?
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2007 - 4:14pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Virginia Tech University - Page 3

Breaking News ABCNEWS.com:

POLICE SAY CHO WAS ADMITTED TO A VA. MENTAL HEALTH FACILITY IN 2005 -- SCHOOL FEARED HE MAY HAVE BEEN SUICIDAL

Sponsored Links:
18th Apr, 2007 - 8:06pm / Post ID: #

University Tech Virginia

In addition to above look at the latest news:

QUOTE (ABCNEWS.com)

IN DECEMBER 2005, A VIRGINIA COURT FOUND VT KILLER SEUNG CHO 'MENTALLY ILL' AND 'AN IMMINENT DANGER TO OTHERS'

So everyone is blaming the police for their handling of the whole affair, but it seems that the Virginia Tech's administration is the one to be held accountable.

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2007 - 11:23pm / Post ID: #

Virginia Tech University UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

USATODAY.com Breaking News

BLACKSBURG, Va. - The Virginia Tech gunman mailed a package to NBC News containing what authorities said were video, photos of himself brandishing weapons, and a rambling diatribe about getting even with rich people. NBC said that a time stamp on the package indicated the material was mailed in the two-hour window between the first burst of gunfire in a high-rise dormitory and the second fusillade, at a classroom building. NBC said it immediately turned the package over to authorities.

19th Apr, 2007 - 5:59am / Post ID: #

Page 3 University Tech Virginia

What a horrible tragedy for the families of the victims, and Cho's family also. I can't even imagine sending my child off to school to die at the hands of a madman - or to find that my own child IS a madman who has killed dozens of other young people!

Why is everyone so quick to point the blame here, then point the blame there? Frankly, I don't see how anyone can specifically be blamed for this, other than Cho himself and the mental illness that drove him.

The "system" (school and legal) had him in counseling, had him in treatment, had him in the hospital (at least temporarily). What could anyone have done to prevent these killings? Realistically? Lock him up because he has violent thoughts? Sorry, that's not legal (yet). I doubt the local police had enough manpower to keep him under constant surveillance. Certainly the college didn't, and even if they had, what could they have done?

Whose responsibility was it to keep a constant, watchful eye on Cho and prevent this killing spree? Impossible task, in my opinion, and ludicrous to blame anyone.

19th Apr, 2007 - 9:43am / Post ID: #

University Tech Virginia

This guy was like a land mine and was going to go off at some point. It just was a matter of where that was going to be. My gut feelings is that after his jailing, it really took over his thoughts further and he just slipped out of reality.

The only thing that struck me as I read all the stuff coming out about this guy is how BAD his writing is for a college student. Those plays he wrote were profanity laced packets of garbage. What I was wondering is why wasn't he just flunked out?

All hindsight now though, so we all can look brilliant after the fact.

However, while it seems like a big windfall of good luck for NBC, I am not sure I would like to be known as Cho's preferred news choice.

19th Apr, 2007 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Virginia Tech University

QUOTE (Vincenzo @ 19-Apr 07, 5:43 AM)
The only thing that struck me as I read all the stuff coming out about this guy is how BAD his writing is for a college student. Those plays he wrote were profanity laced packets of garbage. What I was wondering is why wasn't he just flunked out?

Because his personality was so "intimidating" that even teachers grade him with A's because they wanted to keep him happy. He had THAT type of effect on people (that's what one of the teachers said).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Apr, 2007 - 2:46am / Post ID: #

Virginia Tech University - Page 3

Information is trickling out very slowly about this young man and we all agree that he was indeed a very troubled individual. When a tragedy like this strikes, we are all affected, even if our own loved ones were not involved. For us to come to terms with what has happened, we decide to play the "blame game."

After receiving more information about what this young man did, I have to recant what I said earlier and agree with Farseer. Everything humanly possible was done by the system and yet it was not enough. Apparently, many horrible things occurred in Cho Seung-Hui's life and this is how he tried to cope with it: he wrote plays concerning sexual abuse and violence, he made a video tape which declared his resentment towards mankind, he killed all these innocent people and eventually committed suicide.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2007 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Virginia Tech University Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

SLAIN VIRGINIA TECH STUDENTS TO BE AWARDED DEGREES

All of the students killed in the Virginia Tech shootings will receive posthumous degrees, university officials said Thursday.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...rginiatech.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Virginia Tech University

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,