We Do Not Want A Black Baby

We Black Baby - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 19th Apr, 2007 - 8:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2007 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

NEW YORK - A Long Island couple can proceed with a lawsuit against a fertility clinic after their baby girl was born with a complexion that is much darker than either parent's, a judge has ruled. The lawsuit claims the clinic botched the insemination of the wife's eggs. The ruling was made public Wednesday.
Ref. https://www.nypost.com/seven/03222007/news/...odd_venezia.htm

Sponsored Links:
18th Apr, 2007 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Baby Black Want Not We

This is a very unfortunate case. I mean, this little girl is precious but is not the guy's daughter. How could this happened? When reading the article I had the impression the parents are more concerned over the little girl's complexion than the fact that is not the daughter of the guy. Strange. spock.gif

19th Apr, 2007 - 10:57am / Post ID: #

We Do Not Want A Black Baby Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

There seems to be a lot of mixed messages coming out of this story. Firstly, if it were me that was involved, I would be very concerned as to the health state of the mixed up donor..ie, was he HIV infected or had aids, and would this be passed on through the Mother or child?
There doesn't seem to be any anxiety over this, it just purely seems to be about the color of the girls skin and nothing else, which I think is very sad, as you have to remember that a little girl is involved here, and she doesn't seem to have been accepted at all into the family.
I can see that the family would be disappointed that the father wasn't actually the biological Father of the child, but the Mother isn't white American, so really they could get away with the little girl's skin color being slightly darker.
As to whether the family should be able to sue or not, I would say yes, on the grounds of health risks and not knowing whether the sperm donors health had been screened or not.
Either way, the little girl is beautiful, and I hope she is loved and treasured as she deserves to be.

19th Apr, 2007 - 12:01pm / Post ID: #

Baby Black Want Not We

QUOTE (DianeC @ 19-Apr 07, 6:57 AM)
I can see that the family would be disappointed that the father wasn't actually the biological Father of the child, but the Mother isn't white American, so really they could get away with the little girl's skin color being slightly darker.

Exactly. When I first read the news I thought the little girl looked 100% African American and that the difference was enormous, although you see a difference between her and her sister it is not so big that people would actually stare at her. Not to mention the mom is from the Dominican Republic . Besides all this, where is the sperm of this guy if it was not used? Scary.

19th Apr, 2007 - 7:36pm / Post ID: #

Baby Black Want Not We

The Andrews, however, fear that because of the circumstances of her birth "she may be subjected to physical and emotional illness as a result of not being the same race as her parents and siblings," according to their suit.

Plenty of different race children are adopted and raised in families that have no problem whatsoever with "physical and emotional illness" due to their different race or ethnicity. That's a non-issue in my opinion, unless the FAMILY treats that poor little girl differently because of her race. And wouldn't that be a crime?! She is STILL genetically that mother's child, and should be treated with the same love and care as other children in the family.

Personally, I don't think she looks all that different from her sister in the photo from the article.

The other questions of whether or not the husband's sperm has been used in inseminating other couples' eggs, and whether or not the "offending" sperm has been used elsewhere - well, that's going to be an investigation and a whole other lawsuit, probably.

19th Apr, 2007 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Farseer said:

Personally, I don't think she looks all that different from her sister in the photo from the article.

That's exactly what I thought. Considering her mom is from the Dominican Republic (with a great percentage of Blacks) it is not all "crazy" that the girl could have been born looking a little darker than the other one. ALL kids are different.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Apr, 2007 - 7:54pm / Post ID: #

We Not Want Black Baby

Here's another idea to throw in the mix: Is there any hint that the mother may have had an affair? Is it proven that the sperm came from another donor at the clinic?

19th Apr, 2007 - 8:07pm / Post ID: #

We Not Want Black Baby Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

From the article:

Judge Sheila Abdus-Salaam ruled this week that the Andrews' emotional distress suit can go to trial against the fertility clinic - New York Medical Services for Reproductive Medicine, headed by Dr. Reginald Puckett - and the embryologist who allegedly mixed up the samples, Carlo Acosta.

Also, it seems to me she can't get pregnant naturally and that's why they did in vitro (so I do not see the possibility of an affair).

The thing is, the man on this story is probably having a daughter or son somewhere! Where is his sperm?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: We Do Not Want A Black Baby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,