Andre Agassi

Andre Agassi - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 28th Oct, 2009 - 6:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

1st Aug, 2005 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Andre Agassi

Agassi back on top in L.A.!

Andre Agassi certainly didn't show his age -- or any sign of back trouble.

The 35-year-old Agassi won for the first time in almost a year and avenged a loss by defeating Gilles Muller 6-4, 7-5 on Sunday to win the Mercedes-Benz Cup final, his fourth Los Angeles title.

See here: https://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?...SPGHUE0UGK1.DTL

Sponsored Links:
2nd Aug, 2005 - 10:16pm / Post ID: #

Agassi Andre

I would have to see who he played against to say he was 'back'. I don't discredit Agassi as one of the best players in the game, but he is certainly at the end of his career. After winning this tournament, he pulled out of the next US Open invitational citing that he needed rest. A player on the top of his game would not need this excuse. As you can probably tell, I was never a huge Agassi fan. I thought he was a bit too 'cocky'. Pete Sampras was my favorite player as he went about his business silently. It was fitting for him to go out on top, and hopefully Agassi can do the same someday.

3rd Aug, 2005 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Andre Agassi Sports & Fashion Music Movies

You're right, Agassi is at the end of his career, but surprisingly, he managed to win a fairly important tournament. Of course, he is not "back in the game", but for a 35 years old player it's a good performance.

28th Oct, 2009 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

Agassi Andre

I wonder why is he now coming out with the information that he used crystal meth a year before he won the French Open in 1998, and that he lied to the sport's governing bodies in the same period about a positive drugs test to avoid a ban? Guilt? Someone knows and was planning to take it to the Media?

international QUOTE
The 39-year-old, who is only one of six men in history to have completed a career grand slam of winning titles at all four majors, confessed in his autobiography that he took the highly addictive narcotic in 1997 while suffering poor form and to quell worries about his upcoming marriage to actress Brooke Shields.

The eight-time grand slam champion revealed in his book how he felt when he first took the substance -- possession of which carries a maximum five-year jail sentence in the United States.

"Slim [Agassi's assistant] dumps a small pile of powder on the coffee table. He cuts it, snorts it. He cuts it again. I snort some. I ease back on the couch and consider the Rubicon I've just crossed.

"There is a moment of regret, followed by vast sadness. Then comes a tidal wave of euphoria that sweeps away every negative thought in my head. I've never felt so alive, so hopeful -- and I've never felt such energy," Agassi recounted in an excerpt of his book that has been serialized by British newspaper The Times.

Following his use of crystal meth, the former world number one pulled out of the French Open and admitted he did not practice for Wimbledon a month later...

> TOPIC: Andre Agassi

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,