Rpg Tactics: Mischief While Asleep

Rpg Tactics Mischief Asleep - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 6th May, 2008 - 7:04pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

05th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 3 
Other player characters takng advantage of their comrades while they are asleep...
22nd Apr, 2007 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

RPG Tactics: Mischief While Asleep

Do you think it is fair play to allow other player's characters to take out other players while they are asleep for the purpose of getting their treasure, etc.?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th May, 2008 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Asleep Mischief Tactics Rpg

I think it depends on how you handle PC vs. PC confrontation in your game. If you allow it when they're both awake I don't se any reason why the rogue couldn't take out the fighter while he's sleeping. I'd make him have a better reason than, "Because I wanted the treasure." though.

4th May, 2008 - 4:15am / Post ID: #

Rpg Tactics: Mischief While Asleep Reviews RPG & Card Board

Although you could allow it I think it should be for submission rather than death. If you kill a fellow player's character then you are likely to have a real enemy, especially if it is a higher level character.

Post Date: 4th May, 2008 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Very true. But, I've had campaigns where the inter-party "relations" or lack there-of were a highlight of the campaign. We had a player play a true neutral gnome illusionist who thought it was his duty to bring perfect balance. If we were fighting an evil presence he would make sure we kept even on who was winning, it was hilarious, though at the time when he would help the enemy randomly it was less that amusing. His character was just memorable though. And our DM let us remake characters a level below the average party level if we died. Though we couldn't make the same character because that wouldn't be very fun.

5th May, 2008 - 7:43pm / Post ID: #

I don't know if I agree with this. What is the use of sitting dow to play a game only to be killed by a team mate a few minutes into the adventure?

Post Date: 6th May, 2008 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would allow it but I would warn the character player that it is a truly evil act and if their alignment is not of the Chaotic Evil sort then there could be some serious repercussions of their actions. IF they went through with it then I let them. So far only one has done this. The other players were pissed their characters were killed in their sleep but that is a risk you have to take at times when adventuring. Noone said you were going to be safe all the time while your camped putting trust in a thief is not always the wisest thing to do.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th May, 2008 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Tactics Mischief Asleep

Yes to slit a throat in the night for the purpose of stealing a purse would take a evil character alignment. We never allowed evil by pc as it is too hard to manage.

Stealing was allowed and ended in a behead of thief in a savage attack from the large Barbarian he tried to rob. One was left hanging in the rafter of a room. The group would vote on the punishment of the thief. Often they were just kicked out of the group and left to fight their own way out. But if no goody two shoes where in the group capital punishment could occur.

Only way I would allow a killing in the night is if the person was a paid assassin and the person was his target.

6th May, 2008 - 7:04pm / Post ID: #

Rpg Tactics Mischief Asleep Board Card & RPG Reviews

Alignment is a factor, but two things, usually you do not know a character's alignment unless your privy to the character sheet or you got to know it by some other means.

Rather off topic, but...
Wait a second, is this allowed in medieval? We don't have any thieves with us right, I mean none that we know of?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Rpg Tactics: Mischief While Asleep

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,