Vegetarianism - Page 3 of 7

QUOTE (Robert9876 @ 6-Aug 10, 12:13 PM) Hi - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 7th Aug, 2010 - 6:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

?
Poll: What kind of Vegetarian are you now or will you like to be?
  1. Pescatarian (also spelled pescetarian) - no meat save fish       7.69%
  2. Flexitarian / Semi-vegetarian - occasional meat       23.08%
  3. Lacto-ovo- vegetarian - no meat but yes for dairy / eggs       30.77%
  4. Lacto-vegetarian - no meat, no eggs but yes for dairy       7.69%
  5. Ovo-vegetarian - no meat, no dairy - yes eggs       7.69%
  6. Vegan - no meat, no dairy, no eggs       23.08%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Best of  Vegetarianism
11th Jul, 2008 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism - Page 3

The biggest problem, that I have seen on vegetarian/vegan or raw vegan is that they do not eat correct. Their stomachs are landfills so to speak.

You need to make sure you eat high quality fruits, vegetables and nuts. If you want to add grains that is fine as long as you do not crowd out the veggies and fruits. If you are raw like me you need to be sure you get enough fats into your body. Avocadoes are great, nuts etc. When eating a salads, make it a really big salad as you still need the required amount of calories. The results are incredible. But be prepared for a detox reaction.

Sponsored Links:
11th Jul, 2008 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

Robert, I was a vegetarian and at home we eat very little meat (maybe once a week and its usually chicken). I plan to do what I did before and that's a lacto-ovo vegetarian diet. I am milk intolerant but I still want to get the eggs and cheese. I love beans but I am not a fan of rice, any substitutes you can think of?

6th Aug, 2010 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism Health & Special Psychology

I am adding a poll and the list of various types of Vegetarians, based on a question asked in another Thread:

1. Pescatarian (also spelled pescetarian) - no meat save fish

2. Flexitarian / Semi-vegetarian - occasional meat

3. Lacto-ovo- vegetarian - no meat but yes for dairy / eggs

4. Lacto-vegetarian - no meat, no eggs but yes for dairy

5. Ovo-vegetarian - no meat, no dairy - yes eggs

6. Vegan - no meat, no dairy, no eggs

6th Aug, 2010 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Vegetarianism

Hi LDS-Forever
I am not too much into replacing or substituting stuff but here we go.
Regarding rice. Use wild rice. It's really a vegetable. Use brown rice rather than white rice. What about Barley, Quinoa, Rye, Teff,

Sprouted chickpeas, lentils, and sprouted peas.

Fore myself I never keep track of calories, etc. I just listen to my body and you know the healthier you become, the better you get tuned into your body requirements, ailments etc.

Because I really do not know about your lifestyle, body type etc. It is always difficult unless you answer a whole bunch of questions. But let me (if I may) give you some book titles and you can look at them. Their philosophies differ of course but you can decide or mix it up a little.

The Real Food Daily cookbook by Ann Gentry Of course Ann is the owner of the famous RFD restaurants (L.A. Area) Lacto-Ovo vegetarian. Some might be a bit elaborate but may be not for you. Her recipes are truly great.

Vegan Planet by Robin Robertson lacto-Ovo vegetarian. Absolutely awesome recipes.

The Native Foods Restaurant Cookbook by Tanya Petrovna. Vegan cookbook.

Living on Live Food by Alissa Cohen (book and video) Raw Vegan simple recipes.

Living Foods for Optimum Health by Brian Clement. Brian is the director of the world famous Hippocrates Health Institute in West Palm Beach Fl. I have not tried the recipes in this book. I bought the book more for his knowledge on health in general. And this guy really knows his stuff. Heals "given up" people all the time.

Avoid or reduce highly acidic foods. Increase alkaline stuff.

Be ware of food combining like: avoiding fruit and starches, fruit and vegetables, fruit and protein. In fact eat fruit at least 45 minutes [before] a meal.

On the raw side you might want to try instead off spaghetti from a wheat source and make it from a zucchini and make your own sauce (I will steal Alissa's recipe)
2.1/2 cups tomatoes (grow your own, so they do not taste like cardboard) 12 sundried soaked tomatoes, 3-5 soaked dates, 1/4 cup olive oil, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 tablespoons of parsley, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1/8 tsp of cayenne. Put them all in a food processor and blend until smooth.

Hope this helps a little.

Robert

7th Aug, 2010 - 12:59pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

It will definitely be nice to live like Robert9876 is now and I have considered vegetarianism before but it is not realistic unless you have your own property and can raise wholesome foods without the chemical additives that are basically poison to the body. In addition, it is more expensive to choose variety. At the moment I am more or less a Lacto-ovo- vegetarian and want to eventually eliminate meat completely but see the need for dairy products to supplement my diet.

7th Aug, 2010 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

Hi JB
Lacto-Ovo vegetarian diet is a great step in the right direction.
Regarding veggies, I agree pesticides is an issue. I either buy from an organic place or try to grow as much as I can myself. Living currently in Las Vegas, NV creates problems but it can be done. I have shades over my raised beds to block the sun.

Regarding dairy, if you have not researched that, I would encourage you to do so. I believe it is a major contributor to osteoporosis and breast cancer.

But still, you are doing a lot better than most.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Aug, 2010 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism - Page 3

I have researched dairy, (I have not recently been into healthy eating, I started when I was around 15-16) high fat, mucus causing stuff that really is not good for the body. However it also remains a good source of calcium, vitamin D and more especially protein as I do not eat meat much if at all. Also unlike most vegans I usually put my body through immense physical strain. I once paid the price from trying to lift heavy items while being a vegan - my protein intake was just not adequate for my needs and I suffered an injury. Like I said if I have the funds and place to create the necessary variety to get full nutritional value I would do it in an instant. I do believe man can live off food from the ground and trees he really does not need what comes from the ocean or animals, but unfortunately the world as it is now is making it almost impossible to live that way. Another great marketing technique by the business men of the world to control even what we put in our mouth.

See also these Threads that you may like to give your input and experience:

* Still want to eat meat? Source 8
* Fat people blame it on MSG Source 6
* What kind of parents feed their kids poison? Source 5
* Fat Americans should be ashamed Source 3
* FDA approval of franken foods Source 7

7th Aug, 2010 - 6:31pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

international QUOTE (Robert9876 @ 6-Aug 10, 12:13 PM)
Hi LDS-Forever
I am not too much into replacing or substituting stuff but here we go.
Regarding rice. Use wild rice. It's really a vegetable. Use brown rice rather than white rice. What about Barley, Quinoa, Rye, Teff,

Sprouted chickpeas, lentils, and sprouted peas.

I never ate wild rice. I love the taste of brown rice, maybe I should try that. Thanks for the suggestions.

What I notice lately (every time I eat tacos or delhi meat) is that for some reason there is a point when I am eating it that I just cannot chew it properly and swallow it, anyone can think of anything?

Last night I ate a sub with roast beef delhi and even though was delicious, in the last part I just couldn't "chew" the roast beef properly. I left a small piece.

I would like to become a lacto-ovo vegetarian again, however I need to study more OPTIONS, my problem is that I do not know many dishes without meat and that's a problem when you are not a fan of peas and rice.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Vegetarianism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,