Vegetarianism - Page 5 of 7

QUOTE (Pandora)Not sure why that is. The reason - Page 5 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 13th Jul, 2012 - 7:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

?
Poll: What kind of Vegetarian are you now or will you like to be?
  1. Pescatarian (also spelled pescetarian) - no meat save fish       7.69%
  2. Flexitarian / Semi-vegetarian - occasional meat       23.08%
  3. Lacto-ovo- vegetarian - no meat but yes for dairy / eggs       30.77%
  4. Lacto-vegetarian - no meat, no eggs but yes for dairy       7.69%
  5. Ovo-vegetarian - no meat, no dairy - yes eggs       7.69%
  6. Vegan - no meat, no dairy, no eggs       23.08%
Total Votes: 13
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Best of  Vegetarianism
14th Aug, 2010 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism - Page 5

Robert, no I never grew anything. As a matter of fact, I am not good at gardening at all so that will be a challenge but I am tempted in growing tomatoes!

Sponsored Links:
15th Aug, 2010 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

LDS-Forever,
I had to smile, because you made me think way back when we immigrated from Holland to Canada. City slickers from Amsterdam and renting a community garden. We stuffed all these seeds in the ground and then all these green things came up and we did not know what was weeds and what were veggies. We hauled this 75 year old couple from several plots away to our garden plot and they taught us a thing or so. It was funny. For awhile we at times pulled veggies out instead off weeds. But hey, part of learning.
Regarding tomatoes, they just need sun. If you have a balcony, desk or window, you can make it work if you want to. Nothing tastes like a fresh ripe fruit or vegetable. A tomato supposed to be dark red inside, like everywhere inside. Not like these cardboard things you buy in the store. Or, what is also super easy to grow is to buy a basil plant and just water it. Nothing like fresh basil in your spaghetti. You will never go back to this dried stuff.

Robert

15th Aug, 2010 - 8:28pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism Health & Special Psychology

Thanks Robert! I will look into the tomato plant and basil to start!. Fresh herbs and pasta is heaven to me! smile.gif

20th May, 2012 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Vegetarianism

I have given up dairy products now and am almost totally vegan. I say "almost" because I am not so hard and fast that I will not refuse a food that may have butter or milk in it as a secondary ingredient such as a pie or piece of cake although neither of these I eat save on my children's birthdays.

In giving up dairy I found my sinuses and awareness are clearer than ever. I have more energy and can fin better solutions for work problems. The main drawback in my situation is finding a balance of foods to meet my nutritional needs, especially where protein and calcium are concerned as we are not near a market for fruits and vegetables and I am stuck at home with the boys. The other drawback is sometimes I may have too much energy and do not want to sleep or get up very early because I had enough sleep but that could also be too high stress levels.

2nd Jul, 2012 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

I would like to be a vegan because I want to be healthy and not get I'll all the time! Plus I am starting to dislike meat and dairy products, I will go with JB! I will try my best to become a vegetarian and after with time, I will become a vegan! biggrin.gif

13th Jul, 2012 - 2:40pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism

Well that is a good healthy step in the right direction. Once you have given up dairy products in particular you will find that you will not have any sniffles or mucus blockage.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Jul, 2012 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism - Page 5

Recently, I started to dislike the taste of meat (any kinds). If I eat it, it must be a very small piece otherwise I noticed that I struggle with chewing it and swallowing. Not sure why that is. I really don't mind if I become a vegetarian again but I will definitely need a variety of foods and dishes since I get bored easily with the same meals.

13th Jul, 2012 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Vegetarianism Psychology Special & Health - Page 5

international QUOTE (Pandora)
Not sure why that is.

The reason is simple... Eating dead animals is disgusting. Your stomach becomes a tomb for the dead creatures. Let's not even go on about the possible diseases and purification that takes place. There are actually more food items that are not meat; fruits, vegetables, flours, grains, nuts, breads, etc.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Vegetarianism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,