White Foreigners In Trinidad - Page 9 of 9

Name: K Country: Comments: My family is "white" - Page 9 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:10am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 
Another what if I want to live in Trinidad Thread...
Post Date: 4th Sep, 2014 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

White Foreigners In Trinidad - Page 9

Name: MeToo

Title: Whites in Trinidad

Comments: Interesting topic. I would imagine that the issue is essentially the fact that moving from a situation where you are part of the majority to a situation where you are the minority is strange...especially for North Americans. It is kind of a shoe is on the other foot story. Unfortunately, the answer may be to let go of your own prejudices first and then you will be able to see the island for what it is.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jan, 2015 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Foreigners White

White foreigners might have to pack up and go home with all the falling oil prices oil companies will not be able to afford huge condos in Westmoorings and big US dollar salaries.

Post Date: 30th Jan, 2015 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

White Foreigners In Trinidad
A Friend

White Foreigners In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I waited a long time to deal with these comments made by this Irish woman. It was due to being in two minds as to whether or not my contribution on this very site which claimed to be of Trinidadian origin would be appreciated. I say so because of how I was in fact greeted when I first came here which made me very hesitant about even replying to anyone on this site. No matter, I will come out of the cave in order to deal with this Irish white woman.

Chris

1. I am not "Racist" Let us remember that historically it has been whites who have been part of racist agendas such as slavery and Namibia with the Germans last I recall so the attribute of someone being termed a racist means that one insinuates that such a person has cleverly crafted an agenda. I want this Irish woman to tell me what agenda I happen to have. I happen to be truthful because unlike you I was born here and I am a citizen here. I was not imported from another country nor am I a legal resident or a tourist. I always lived here.

2. I am truthful and so is my viewpoint based upon many years of both observation and experience from living here (Not being an on and off again tourist). The word "Ridiculous" Might be justly applied to those who use the word against others but such people themselves might be in need of the very word in order to describe themselves as well.

3. It should always be LOCALS FIRST because they are citizens FIRST and not by virtue of immigration but by virtue of their birth in this land. Therefore they are high up in the order of priority when it comes to being listened to and being respected. The United States would always put its citizens first above any tourist so why should another country not do the same as well.

4. I agree in the poor being taken care of and will always support this.

5. I respect that which respects me and not that which treats me inferior. Such can be seen with some of the actions from some whites who live here.

6. About your issue of risk I would wonder why you would even bother to come here and not even stay in Ireland. I say this because if all you see in the wonderful land I live in is RISK then I would have suggested you never leave Ireland but stay there because it appears to you to be a RISK-FREE place in comparison to my homeland I was born in. It to me seems to be a "Put down" Of my very people and it is the same thing I have tended to believe that some whites tend to believe that they should avoid those who are nonwhites in this land because of the fact that some whites may see non-whites as a threat which can also be known as a RISK without even having the decency to get to know such persons.

7. The "Best" Areas to live in are the areas where you as a white person treat people the BEST. When people are treated the best they will reciprocate in like manner. Thus those who want to find a "Best area" Should be the best at treating people well where they live and this area can turn out to be the best area to live. However if you see these people as people who potentially are a risk to you because you measure them by the standards of their race then the land you were living before in might be the "Best" Place for you to live in and one can suggest you going back there and staying there permanently.

8. We in Trinidad and Tobago are the true no-nonsense people here who would put you in your place very quickly if you think your so-called no-nonsense approach will get you any headway with the people here. This is why I will always believe that disrespect from a foreigner must never be tolerated and if they believe that they can be disrespectful while they are in the land I love then they are free to find the first plane and go back to where they came from. We don't need them here nor their disrespectful ways.

9. I hope your desire for a life partner includes someone who is African or East Indian. If you are not open minded to say the least about this then feel free to go back to your homeland and your part of the world. Open-mindedness counts here and not thinking everyone you see who is not white is somehow a potential risk. I have had white people come here and measure me that way based upon my race and it was disgusting to say the least. I rather be treated like a person not a skin color thank you very much.

10. As with anyone who is disabled compassion is needed. My friend in Trinidad whom I consider as a brother was born without the ability to use his legs properly and has to use two metallic walking sticks. I see him as a person and cherish him as such. His disability matters little to me because we are brothers and friends for life. The year 2015 makes it 20 years since we have been friends. I am not the only one here who thinks like this. There are others who see the disabled as fellow human beings regardless as to what their physical limitation may be.

11. The worst part about being a white foreigner is that they judge you based upon skin color as a potential risk to them even when you may not be such. The best part about being a white foreigner happens to be when such individuals with such mindsets leave and never come back to contaminate my homeland with their negative thinking and their gloomy and pessimistic ways.

12. The term mulatto might not be the term you would use but my people who live here and who are not tourists are completely free to use the words they have grown up with as citizens. It is their right and their choice and it is to be respected. However since you use the term "Mixed race" And also mentioned the term "Life partner" Let's hope you are open minded towards

2nd Mar, 2016 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Trinidad Foreigners White

All the oil money done so you will see a lot of the white foreigners on their way home. MAYBE that might cause the real estate prices to come down because there isn't all this US$ to pay big rent all over the place.

Post Date: 27th Jul, 2017 - 2:10am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Foreigners White

Name: K

Comments: My family is "white" and Trinidadian. Both parents Trinidadian (As when I say that this is usually the next question I get). I was born in Canada and have never had any problems when in Trinidad. You need to use common sense and street smarts like you should when travelling anywhere. You are going to stand out as only around 5% of the population is white or better put not more visibly Afro-Trini or Indo-Trini. In most cases if you are treating people respectfully you won't have any issues and if they are treating you disrespectfully just because you are white or foreigner they have a chip on their shoulder and just ignore them. I would not advise roaming around alone late at night or in areas of the city or country that are considered higher risk. Some of the warning people give about Trinidad are questionable and I honestly wonder if some people just do stupid thing like they are looking for trouble then cry about it after the fact. For example if you walk around Trinidad and acting arrogant or condescending towards people ... Like "I am American and where I come from we do this"... That type of attitude will not be well received and you are going to be put in your place/ told off. I have met visitors from the UK, Canada and the USA that act that like when travelling and it mortifying. Don't try to talk down to people there as it will not be well received.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: White Foreigners In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,