New Mineral Has Kryptonite Composition

New Mineral Kryptonite Composition - Comic / Anime PBP RPGs, Reviews - Posted: 25th Jul, 2008 - 6:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th Apr, 2007 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Now, isn't this interesting? Who would have thought that there is an actual mineral with the same composition of "kryptonite"?

LONDON (AP) - A mineral recently discovered in Serbia has the same composition as kryptonite _ the fictional substance that robs Superman of his powers _ the British Museum said Tuesday. While the material is not a perfect match, its chemical breakdown is strikingly similar.

A drill core of the unusual mineral was unearthed in Serbia by the mining group Rio Tinto PLC, which turned it over to mineral expert Chris Stanley at the Natural History Museum for analysis.

"Towards the end of my research I searched the Web using the mineral's chemical formula, sodium lithium boron silicate hydroxide, and was amazed to discover that same scientific name written on a case of rock containing kryptonite stolen by Lex Luthor from a museum in the film 'Superman Returns,'" Stanley said...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2007 - 8:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Composition Kryptonite Mineral New

It could be Kryptonite that's been neutralized by a Kryptonian ship! ooh! Then again it's probably not...But that's still pretty cool

25th Jul, 2008 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

New Mineral Has Kryptonite Composition Reviews & RPGs PBP Anime / Comic

Just one question, how do they actually know what kryptonite's composition is if it just a made up mineral?

25th Jul, 2008 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Apparently in superman returns the case in which Lex Luther stores his kryptonite had "sodium lithium boron silicate hydroxide " wrote on the box. This matches closely with the white powdery crystals that were found.

25th Jul, 2008 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

You pay more attention to me I didn't even notice that. So if we have that stuff in Serbia should we start a mini Smallville of freaks? wink.gif

> TOPIC: New Mineral Has Kryptonite Composition

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,