Medieval Combat Training

Medieval Combat Training - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 6:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th Apr, 2007 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

Medieval Combat Training

Medieval Combat Training

Just something I stumbled into when searching from materials to make the long bow.

It is a club that teaches about medieval times and how to make armor and weapons and use them! The gent I was speaking to had a nice rib bruise to prove its realness factor.

I understood they made their own weapon and armor

He was using wood two handed sword, fighting a person with a long sword (wooden also) and he missed a block. I should have asked if he was wearing armor. But all item used are made in the methods used in the time period and same as the materials they use. He mentioned the cost for this is very low.

I have been debating on joining as I am slightly sadistic and enjoy making things.

Has any one here ever been part of something similar?

Also drop your thoughts does your area provide access to clubs like this?

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

Sponsored Links:
26th Apr, 2007 - 12:41am / Post ID: #

Training Combat Medieval

This is something I would like to participate in, but I live in a country where European lore and culture is far from anyone's ability to grasp. I am not sure about the making weapon aspect (that is a tremendous amount of work) as metal working is sweaty, hot and noisy. However, the idea of Medieval Fighting methods would be great.

Rather off topic, but...
Have you looked at the Fighting Arts Board?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3216 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

26th Apr, 2007 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Medieval Combat Training History & Civil Business Politics

Yes steel is hard work but I think they use mostly wooden weapon that are blunt not sharpened. Though I am sure ome out their that are very skilled would use live steel.

I have been meaning to get to the fighting boards just a lack of time on my part.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

17th Mar, 2008 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

Training Combat Medieval

I have thought about attending one of these, but I'm afraid of being polluted by commercial ideas rather than the authentic training because if I do it, it will be so I can have more knowledge for future books.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 168 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 16.8%

17th Mar, 2008 - 8:04pm / Post ID: #

Training Combat Medieval

Krusten I think you might be surprised at what they do. The one by me tries to do all as it would have been done n the times. That includes you make your own armor ect.

They take this pretty serious on original methods even the forging of metal armor. I think you should investigate clubs near you further.

10th Sep, 2008 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Medieval Combat Training

I feel real silly about his as I have no Idea why I did not post this link to my local club for this.

There is much to read and all is well explained so enjoy the site.

Source 7

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Medieval Combat Training

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,