Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Statements

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Statements - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 30th Apr, 2007 - 1:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »
Ahmedinejad
What Do You Think?
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2007 - 5:19am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

I am a strong supporter and admirer of Ahmedinejad and his principles. He may not be the most diplomatic at times but I agree with his principles.

A cursory reading on this forum shows a not too favourable opinion so I started a thread dedicated to his statements.

Issues may be but no limited to statements about the elimination of the zionist regime, Holocaust, nuclear energy and any other recorded statement anyone has issue with. It would be useful if people provided a source when quoting him.

Sponsored Links:
29th Apr, 2007 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Statements Ahmadinejad Mahmoud

Well, I definitly do not admire neither support him or his statements and I personally do not think it is because he may not be diplomatic (I am far from it too) but the fact that he usually gives sharp statements yet he always end up trying to say he is being misunderstood. I personally do not think it is true, I think he means every word that comes out from his mouth...there may be a mistake here or there due to translations but the "meat" of what he tries to say remains intact.

Having grew up in Argentina, we have the largest percentage of Jews in South America, the topic of the Holocaust touches me closely. Not only I had friends who are Jews but also I have met a couple of Holocaust survivors so the topic has been always in my mind.

Ahmedinejad's statements about the Holocaust (or may I say the erroneous and twisted thought that it never occurred) causes me great anger...because I personally heard the stories from survivors, I met Emily Schindler (wife of Oscar Schindler who saved 1,200 Jews from being killed) and there is historical evidence that it did exist. The survivors we have today from those concentration camps and their numbers on their hands are the proof itself. But how can a man even hint that it never occurred? What kind of man really does that? Here some statements:

According to the Iran's official news agency:

If the Europeans are telling the truth in their claim that they have killed six million Jews in the Holocaust during the World War II - which seems they are right in their claim because they insist on it and arrest and imprison those who oppose it, why should the Palestinian nation pay for the crime. Why have they come to the very heart of the Islamic world and are committing crimes against the dear Palestine using their bombs, rockets, missiles and sanctions. [...] The same European countries have imposed the illegally-established Zionist regime on the oppressed nation of Palestine. If you have committed the crimes so give a piece of your land somewhere in Europe or America and Canada or Alaska to them to set up their own state there. Then the Iranian nation will have no objections, will stage no rallies on the Qods Day and will support your decision.
They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred and place this above God, religions and the prophets. The West has given more significance to the myth of the genocide of the Jews, even more significant than God, religion, and the prophets, (it) deals very severely with those who deny this myth but does not do anything to those who deny God, religion, and the prophet. If you have burned the Jews, why don't you give a piece of Europe, the United States, Canada or Alaska to Israel? Our question is, if you have committed this huge crime, why should the innocent nation of Palestine pay for this crime?

https://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/12...rael/index.html

Please (and with all respect)do not say this is a Media propaganda. I can find tons of articles like this where he gives this type of statements.

I have no respect whatsoever for this man.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2007 - 10:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Statements History & Civil Business Politics

OK lets deal with Ahmadinejads supposed Holocaust denial.
You quoted an excerpt from a speech given in Zahedan on 14 Dec. 2005.
Lets compare the rendering of key phrases.

CNN

They have invented a myth that Jews were massacred

CNN
myth of the genocide of the Jews
some have created a myth on holocaust
Today, they have created a myth in the name of Holocaust

https://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,1667355,00.html

They do not sound the same do they? CNN seems to be suggesting he is saying that the massacre or genocide of jews is a "myth". The others claim that there is a "myth" associated with the holocaust. Note that saying there is a "myth in the name of holocaust" or "myth on holocaust" is very different to suggesting that the holocaust never happened.

It should be made clear that Ahmadinejad doesn't deny the historical reality of concentration camps set up for minorities including Jews. He in the same speech accuses the west of being responsible and as a consequence should pay the price.

If you committed a crime, it is only appropriate that you place a piece of your land at their disposal - a piece of Europe, of America, of Canada, or of Alaska - so they can establish their own state.

https://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=963

So a key question to ask is what exactly is this "myth" that he associated with the holocaust?

Firstly the persian word which is translated into myth is افسانة. In my experience it is normally used for romantic tales or historical legends which may be based on truth but have acquired a popular moral or cultural importance. It isn't a word used to deny things.

In an interview with NBCs Brian Williams Sept. 20, 2006 when asked why he called the holocaust a myth he replied with that there were indeed Jews killed in the 2nd World War but there are 3 issues.

In the second World War, over 60 million people lost their lives. They were all human beings. Why is it that only a select group of those who were killed have become so prominent and important?

if this event happened, and if it is a historical event, then we should allow everyone to research it and study it.

if this happened, where did it happen? Did the Palestinian people have anything to do with it? Why should the Palestinians pay for it now?

https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14912050/
In conclusion:
Ahmadinejad does NOT deny the historical reality of the holocaust. He DOES question certain aspects of it such as why it has been monopolized to justify the establishment of the zionist regime at the expense of the Palestinian people.

29th Apr, 2007 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

Okat, let's suppose he did not directly denied (which I am convinced he does) Based on the quotes you provided it is clear he puts in DOUBT its existence when he says:

if this event happened, and if it is a historical event, then we should allow everyone to research it and study it.

if this happened, where did it happen? Did the Palestinian people have anything to do with it? Why should the Palestinians pay for it now?

What the heck he means by "if this event happened". Isn't the Iranian leader aware that 10 million people were tortured, starved and killed in the most cruel manner? Isn't he aware of the many documents, pictures and historical evidence that proves this horrendous fact? Isn't he an "educated" man to know these things? If he is, why does he says "if this event happened". As far as I am concerned, someone does NOT have to directly deny its existence, but when someone who is supposed to be the leader of a country puts in doubt one of the most saddest events in the history of the world, he is indeed denying it...and not only that but disrespecting the victims of the Holocaust and their families.

So in essence, as I said previously a couple of words may or may not have been translated properly but the *meat* on what he is trying to say remains intact.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2007 - 6:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Okat, let's suppose he did not directly denied (which I am convinced he does)

Do you have evidence he DIRECTLY denies the holocaust? If not can we agree he doesn't instead of supposing?

It is clear he puts in DOUBT its existence

What the heck he means by "if this event happened"

اكر (Agar) is the Persian word for "if". Unfortunately if you don't speak Persian then the words "if this happened" can seem to be expressing doubt. اكر (Agar) can be used rhetorically in inquisitive sentences. My mother for example always uses the same word when she asks me why I am not working hard "If (agar) you are a medical student why don't I see you working hard?" This doesn't imply that she is indirectly claiming I am not a medical student because it is obvious that I am!

Similarly it is obvious that a number of Jews were killed in concentration camps or otherwise by the Nazi regime during the course of World War 2. Ahmadinejad using the phrases "if the holocaust happened" doesn't express doubt it simply raises questions about issues that need to be answered.

This is VERY clear from his statements.

Q.You will understand the calling into question of the holocaust and the questioning of the reality of the holocaust has shocked people deeply in Europe and in the US and even in Iran. Some people wonder if it is constructive calling history into question.

A.No no. We are not calling history into question we are just raising questions and we just want answers to those questions and once we get satisfactory answers to those questions this will be settled"¦"¦"¦"¦all I did was raise issues, ask questions, just ask a few question all you gotta do is give me the right answers.
https://www.aimislam.com/aim-tv/videos/excl...ed-on-france-24

Why does Ahmadinejad keep bringing up this holocaust issue? It isn't to say that it NEVER happened what does he have to gain from that? Rather it is to question why the holocaust has been used as a pretext for the establishment of the state of Israel.

Now I have a question which I want answering. If the holocaust is real. Why is it illegal to question? Why is it OK to commit blasphemy, insult Prophets and God but its not OK to question issues related to the Holocaust?

30th Apr, 2007 - 8:21am / Post ID: #

His star-studded cast of "if-er's" had a significant contingency of people that flat out deny that there were anywhere near the historical record of Jews killed during the war and that there were no concerted efforts by the Germans to kill Jews preferentially. Since you proclaim that he does not deny the Holocast, why are these ideas required at the "what if convention"? Actually, to phrase it a different way, what is it that the millions of dead Jews from WWII need to prove to Ahmedinejad? Why is it that the peoples that did this to the Jews have come clean and admitted the wrongness of what was done, but it does not seem to satisfy him? His harmless "if" doesn't come across as being so harmless with these participants... It doesn't take a genius to see that. So either he is guilty of picking a bad guest list or he has a rather dubious agenda. That message comes across loud and clear as it never had to be said so there is no translational issues.

I can answer most of these questions.

Ahmedinejad is clever. Much like the way a lawyer tries to break down a case piece by piece, this is what he is trying to do on a international scale with the creation of the State of Israel. Basically, the thought is that since there was a Holocast, the Jews were granted the state of Israel as some sort of world wide debt of remorse. If I deny the viability of the Holocast, then the viability of the Jewish state is fair game as well. However, we really can't go around having a convention on doing away with the Jewish state can we? In actuality, I see nothing clear about almost anything Ahmedinejad says. He is constantly talking with intentional vagueness, so that you cannot pin him down. Even your quote shows nothing of the if's...it is always the questions...what ARE the questions. The listing of quotes on myths is nothing more than semantics. It is a kin to Bill Clinton's asking about the definition of "is".

As for your questions, sure you can discuss the Holocast, because like you said it did happen. You can talk about it and review the numbers attributed to it if you like, as long as you still acknowlegde its existance. The key is acknowledging that it happened and then you can question. The evasive term of "what if" is not acknowledgement and will garner a negative response. However, this will not satisfy the desires of Mr Ahmedinejad's agenda and that is to discuss why Israel was created because that is what he really wants to open up.

I think that Theo Van Gogh might have a bone to pick with your last statement, if he were still breathing.

Rather off topic, but...
If he really believes that the Holocast alone created the Israeli state, then he should do some studying of the British Mandate of Palestine, the UN Partician Plan and the Balfour Declaration of 1917. It provide a bit of enlightened reading. In addition, I would ask "If the Palestinians and neighboring Arab states had succeeded in wining the war that was held immediately after the UN Partion went into effect, would there be any european Jews left?". The British did an incredibly sloppy job of handling the termination of the Mandate of Palestine that to this day its effects are still seen and the UN didn't spring into action until the damage had been done.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 30th Apr, 2007 - 8:46am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
30th Apr, 2007 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

QUOTE (Karbala @ 30-Apr 07, 2:34 AM)
Now I have a question which I want answering. If the holocaust is real. Why is it illegal to question? Why is it OK to commit blasphemy, insult Prophets and God but its not OK to question issues related to the Holocaust?

1) You are not speaking Persian, you are speaking English. Why are you saying then "If the Holocaust is real". Why are you putting the "if" into the question just as Ahmedinejads does?

2) Illegal to question, to question what? It's existence? The creation of the State of Israel? What do you mean?

3) What are the specific questions/issues related to the Holocaust you say it is not ok to question?

Post Date: 30th Apr, 2007 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Statements Politics Business Civil & History

As I sometimes live in my own world - I found this on the BBC news - thought it might help others who would like to join in the discussion. Based on this articule alone Mr Ahmadinejad does not seem to be very likable. To say that a country should be "wiped off the map" is not encouraging any type of peace talks or lets try to get along. Not a person I would want holding nuclear weapons.

Profile: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 

Mr Ahmadinejad calls himself a friend of the people
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who was elected Iran's president in June 2005, was an obscure figure when he was appointed mayor of Tehran in the spring of 2003.
He was not much better known when he entered the presidential election campaign, although he had already made his mark as Tehran mayor for rowing back on earlier reforms.

Since his election he has taken a tough stand on a number of foreign policy matters, in line with his hard-line background.

His comments that Israel should be "wiped off the map" and that the Holocaust was a "myth" drew widespread condemnation from the West.

Revolutionary credentials

Mr Ahmadinejad was born in Garmsar, near Tehran, in 1956, the son of a blacksmith, and holds a PhD in traffic and transport from Tehran's University of Science and Technology, where he was a lecturer.

There has been confusion about his role in the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Several of the 52 Americans who were held hostage in the US embassy in the months after the revolution say they are certain Mr Ahmadinejad was among those who captured them.

New leader in his own words 

He insists he was not there, and several known hostage-takers - now his strong political opponents - deny he was with them.

His website says he joined the Revolutionary Guards voluntarily after the revolution, and he is also reported to have served in covert operations during the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war.

When he became mayor of Tehran, the former revolutionary guard curtailed many of the reforms put in place by the moderates who had run the city before him.

Iran's outgoing reformist president, Mohammad Khatami, barred Mr Ahmadinejad from attending cabinet meetings, a privilege normally accorded to mayors of the capital.

Mr Ahmadinejad reportedly spent no money on his presidential campaign - but he was backed by powerful conservatives who used their network of mosques to mobilise support for him.

He also had the support of a group of younger, second-generation revolutionaries known as the Abadgaran, or Developers, who are strong in the Iranian parliament, the Majlis.

His presidential campaign focused on poverty, social justice and the distribution of wealth inside Iran.

Hard-line approach

During his campaign, he also repeatedly defended his country's nuclear programme, which has worried the US and European Union.

Once in power, he made a defiant speech at the UN on the nuclear issue and refused to back down on Tehran's decision to resume uranium conversion.

He continued his defiance despite the reporting of Iran's nuclear programme to the UN Security Council and the possible threat of sanctions.

He said no power could take away Iran's right to nuclear fuel technology.

Mr Ahmadinejad has maintained a hard line with the US, with whom diplomatic ties were broken in 1979.

At home, he banned Western and "indecent" music from state-run TV and radio stations in December 2005.

However, BBC analyst Sadeq Saba says there have been moves inside Iran to rein in the president.

'Confrontational'

Powerful figures such as former President Akbar Hashemi-Rafsanjani believe Mr Ahmadinejad's confrontational approach has backfired.

They say the US struggled to report Iran to the Security Council for a long time, but with Mr Ahmadinejad's help Washington got what it wanted in a few months.

Mr Ahmadinejad has now made some small-scale concessions to moderates. He said he would not be confrontational in enforcing a campaign in Tehran to insist women obeyed Iran's strict Islamic dress codes.

He has also allowed women into major sporting events for the first time since 1979.

Mr Ahmadinejad maintains a populist streak, calling his personal website Mardomyar, or the People's Friend.

He also has a reputation for living a simple life and campaigned against corruption.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Edited by LDS_forever: Please use quote tags when appropriate. Also even though you stated that the information was taken from BBC News, it would be important next time you can also provide a link for verification purposes. Thanks.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (19) »

> TOPIC: Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Statements

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,