Big Brother Contestant Lds Member

Big Brother Contestant Lds Member - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 30th Apr, 2007 - 1:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

THE parents of Big Brother 's Mormon contestant, Rebecca Dent, are upset their daughter is under siege from fellow housemates over her decision not to join in their party antics.
30th Apr, 2007 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Big Brother Contestant Lds Member

Pres. Hinckley specifically asked our members not to join this type of reality shows, I just do not understand why they continue doing so even though it affects them.

Rebecca's mother, Rosemary Dent, has spoken exclusively to The Sunday Mail about her concerns for her daughter, who is finding it hard to bond with housemates.

"She should not be criticised for her belief," Mrs Dent said of Rebecca, 23.

"We have the right to worship God and we accord all the same privilege.

"The housemates are giving her a hard time because she is not participating in their drinking games.

"They have said some hurtful things.

"They are really focusing on her religion. People need to accept her as she is."

She said members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints "follow the Ten Commandments and we don't drink, don't smoke, we try to live a healthy lifestyle".

The 60-year-old mother of nine said she was shocked when she learnt Rebecca had auditioned for the reality TV show.

"But it was a choice she made for herself."

She said she and her husband Colin had counselled Rebecca, discussing the possible fallout.

Mrs Dent isn't worried about Rebecca succumbing to peer pressure from the housemates.

"I have complete confidence in her. She knows she's going to be watched and her parents are watching because she's asked us to tape every episode.

"She's not going to do anything that's going to embarrass her family...

Sponsored Links:
30th Apr, 2007 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

Member Lds Contestant Brother Big

Besides the fact that she's put herself in a position to be ridiculed, and her family upset at her situation, she's watched the show enough (according to her mother) to know that everyone who goes on these shows *drinks alcohol*. I don't know why she's so surprised to find herself ostracized for not joining in.

Do we not see how far the world has gone, that one person in a group of 20 or so not drinking is immediately an outcast? It's sad.

Personally, I think instead of being dejected and sad over the rejection of her "housemates" she should stand up and show how ridiculous the rest of them are for getting drunk and stupid.

> TOPIC: Big Brother Contestant Lds Member

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,