Introduction To Sushi

Introduction Sushi - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 21st Mar, 2020 - 1:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Archived Recipe: Rice
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2012 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Introduction To Sushi

Recipe name:
Introduction To Sushi

Recipe Type Recipe category:
Rice

What are your thoughts about this great dish?

Recipe Ingredients Recipe details:

1 Sushi Information

I wrote this for a lady in Rime Cuisine who is interested in discovering the wonderful world of sushi. Thought it might be of interest to some of the folks here (particularly timidly eating, portly Portlanders... ;-} ). Helen++you might try 'tamago" which is a kind of sweetish egg omelette on the rice. It's very good and not at all "odd". Also, I highly recommend 'toro" and "maguro" which are used to make both sushi and sashimi. It's raw tuna and has an indescribably clean and refreshing taste. (Toro is lean and maguro is "fatty".) Chances are if you could taste it and not know what it was, you wouldn't even know it was fish. I *hated* tuna until the first time I tried it raw in a Japanese restaurant. "Unagi" is grilled eel and is something that almost everyone likes. "Kani" (cooked crab) and "Ebi" (cooked shrimp) are quite good and not a taste stretch at all. "Ama ebi" is raw shrimp and a bit more for the adventerous, but I think it's actually better than "Ebi". Once again the taste is subtle and refreshing. I think you'll actually be surprised at how subtle the tastes of sushi really are. The thing that *will* get your attention is the wasabi. Be very careful when you first try it as it's quite easy to o.d. on. It'll be easier for you if you're already a horseradish fan. I'd be careful about stuff with 'shiso". It's an herb somewhat like mint, but it can be quite startling to the uninitiated, somewhat like cilatro can be. BTW, there's an excellent book you might like to check out. It's called "Sushi", by Mia Detrick. Paperback, 95 pages. Chronicle Books, San Francisco. ISBN: 0-87701-238-5. No publication date given (unless you can figure it out from the ISBN number). It's pretty recent though. This is a guided tour of sushi eating++the food and the etiquette. Not a cookbook as such, though it does have a short section on preparing sushi at home. Primarily, it's an introduction to the food with explanations of the ingredients and the most popular types of sushi. The illustrations are all color plates and the book is gorgeous. Each type of sushi is illustrated and explained. Good stuff! Posted by Stephen Ceideberg; July 10 1991.

Recipe Reviews Your opinion:
So now that you have tasted this fantastic recipe, what are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Mar, 2020 - 1:34am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Sushi Introduction

'Sushi parasites' have increased 283-fold in past 40 years. A new study finds dramatic increases in the abundance of a worm that can be transmitted to humans who eat raw or undercooked seafood. Its 283-fold increase in abundance since the 1970s could have implications for the health of humans and marine mammals, which both can inadvertently eat the worm. Source 3c.

> TOPIC: Introduction To Sushi

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,