Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police - Page 4 of 20

What a sordid web is woven. I would believe - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Sep, 2007 - 12:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (20) »

?
Poll: My STRONGEST feelings about the Madeleine McCann case is that...
  The parents were irresponsible to leave her alone       50.00%
  The father is the biggest suspect       0.00%
  The mother is the biggest suspect       5.56%
  Both parents are suspect       22.22%
  Someone known by the parents is the biggest suspect       11.11%
  Someone completely unknown took her       0.00%
  The police were too slow or inexperienced       11.11%
  The British police could have done more       0.00%
  This case is getting too much attention       0.00%
  I have no opinion at all about this case       0.00%
Total Votes: 18
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Madeleine McCann
The search for Madeleine McCann
9th Sep, 2007 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police - Page 4

This is to show you the inefficiency of the Portuguese police. As "arguidos", the police could have imposed bail and travel restrictions but they didn't.

Why is the rush to go back home now? They said from day 1 that they won't return to the UK without Maddie, they even said recently they wanted to stay in Portugal to clear up the names. It seems to be someone is not only REALLY afraid but is trying to prepare to fight extradition in case someone is arrested and charged.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
10th Sep, 2007 - 6:48pm / Post ID: #

Police Portuguese and McCann Madeleine

Have anyone seen the "online store" that the Mc Canns have in their web site to find Madelaine? It makes my blood literally BOIL as I see:

"Our High Quality wristbands have the full UK telephone number on them should you need to use it to contact the authorities. Click here for more."

OR

"Our High Quality posters with all contact information. Click here for more."

https://store.findmadeleine.com/

All "high quality" for a little girl that is MISSING! Yes, you have to pay for their "high quality posters" with the pic of their MISSING DAUGHTER along with information. What the heck is that? ANY concerned parent would give these things for free, even more after the 1 million dollar fund they have!

And that brings me to another point. The famous "fund". People all over the world, including celebrities have donated more than a million dollars to this fund in order to look for Madelaine and also help other kids in similar situations but what would you say if I tell you that the Mc Canns already hired some of the top UK lawyers (one particularly specialized in extradition and who represented the dictator Pinochet in the past when Spain was asking for his head). We are speaking about "big" bucks now, well....they plan to use the fund that settled for their MISSING daughter to pay for their defense lawyers fees!

Now, the interesting thing about this "fund" is that it was not set as a charity organization (it did not fit the requirements) but as a company whose board of directors are ALL either the Mc Canns relatives or their friends. Basically, nobody is going to say "boo" if they really want to use that money for their lawyers fees.

The couple's spokeswoman Justine McGuinness said: "Gerry and Kate are paying for their own legal team.
"But they are looking into the legality of using the Find Madeleine campaign fund in the future."

Gerry admitted he was frustrated the
couple had not yet been able to use the fund to pay legal bills.

He said: "It seems like a disaster that we"ve got this huge donated fund and now we"re not allowed to use it for legal costs because we"re under
suspicion.

"I never really imagined we"d be in this situation."

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/15130...lear-our-names/

Some of Gerry's Mc Cann's entries on his blog:

Another relatively quiet family day. My mum and sister arrived this morning after we had been to church. This afternoon we took the kids to a friend's house with a pool. Kate and I went for a short run and then we all had a swim and a couple of treats brought all the way from Glasgow!.

Kate and I did our first interview for a French Publication today. Any interviews we do now, of which we only accept a small percentage of bids, focus on the issues that we have faced since Madeleine's abduction. The French have recently adopted a child alert system with some early success stories. With increasing travel and movement of workers in the European Union, it is also important we standardise the way serious crimes are tackled.

This evening we were invited to a friend's house with the children for dinner. The twins had a good time with the other kids in the paddling pool and especially enjoyed the banana splits with extra child friendly toppings!

Sorry but something just does not click "good" to me about these parents, particularly the way Gerry "blogs" about their lives. We are NOT speaking about parents who lost their child a few years ago, but just 4 months ago!

My own questions to the Mc Canns:

1. Did you ever sedated the kids? (If you deny this how come syringes were found in the apartment?)

2. Why did Mrs. Mc Cann shouted "They took her!" when Madelaine was gone.Who is THEY and who is HER?

3. If cuddle-cat was Maddie's favorite toy, why Mrs. Mc Cann washed it even though it would have the unique scent of her daughter?

4. Why did Mrs. Mc Cann told her neighbor upstairs that they called the police already when in fact they called the police 40 minutes later?

5. How do they explain the scent of a cadaver in the apartment, cuddle cat, Mrs. Mc Cann's clothes, car keys and Bible? (in order for the dogs to pick up the scent, there was a corpse there for at least two hours).

6. Why they said they reached the Tapas Restaurant at 8:30 when all their friends indicate they reached almost at 9:00pm? What happened in that "missing" half and hour?

7. Why they left Portugal without Maddie when they promised they would never leave without her?

8. Why they refused to give urine samples of the twins the day Maddie disappeared? (the police states the twins slept ALL through the commotion and police investigation, they did not get up once which made the police suspicious if they were given any kind of "sedative" to keep them quiet).

9. How do they explain "body fluids" from the car they rented 25 days AFTER the girl went missing?

I really hope they can find the body of this little girl so she can get a proper burial although if she was thrown to the ocean, I do not see how it can be recovered, all I know is that I hope JUSTICE can prevail and IF happens that her own parents killed her (accidentally or not) and made all this cover-up including meeting the Pope and raising millions of dollars on their daughter's name, I am telling you people would absolutely lose ALL hope in human nature...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2007 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police History & Civil Business Politics

LDS_forever, you are really fascinated over this case aren't you? It seems that all the world was fooled by the academic background and comely demeanor of the parents, but check the first few Posts of this Thread and check to see what I said about this case from the beginning. You cannot fool JB here in InternationalDiscussions.com no matter your money, background or if you look like Christopher Reeve.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

10th Sep, 2007 - 7:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Police Portuguese and McCann Madeleine

QUOTE (JB @ 10-Sep 07, 2:55 PM)
LDS_forever, you are really fascinated over this case aren't you?

I don't think I am fascinated by it but I do like criminology. In this particular case what makes me upset is the fact that the parents (knowing the child is dead) are raising MILLIONS of dollars on her name! One thing is to kill your child accidentally but ANOTHER thing is to start making money out of it! It is just beyond me!

My theory of what happened to Madelaine:

The parents were getting ready for dinner as they did every night. The twins did not give them trouble to settle down and take the "sedatives" to sleep through but Madelaine did (she was reported shouting for her father in several occasions as well as hiding once in one of the apartments for a half and hour due to the fact she did NOT want to go to bed because it would mean "drug" her again and her daddy and mommy gone! It was really traumatic for that little child, it breaks my heart).

Anyway, the mom tried to administered the sedatives but Madelaine won't settle down and the parents were getting irritated because they had to meet their "friends" at the Restaurant so one of the two things happened: One of them hit her or push her strong enough to kill her (the reason I do not believe she was overdosed is the fact that there is way too much "body" fluids found) and when they realized what they have done, they hide their body (probably in a suitcase) and moved her to another location. Then they moved her again and probably dumped her body in one of those "trips" they made about awareness of her disappearance.

The only thing I am NOT sure is whether it was the mother or the father. The mother's body language (as British police have stated in a report)s shows she HIDES something. The father does not seem to have that problem. Both of them lack emotion from day one and you can see pictures of them AFTER the disappearance of little Maddie jogging together and Mrs. Mc Cann working on her "tan". Like if they were on vacation.

The police seems to believe it was the mother because she was the one that usually settle the kids down while the husband run or swam. At the same time, her body language many times seems to show anger towards her husband.

Unfortunately, this sad case happens when you have parents who are almost 40 years old dealing with THREE children UNDER THREE, they could NOT handle it because they wanted to live this lifestyle with "friends" and "parties" and NOT be bother with their kids. Maddie and her twins brother and sister spent every single day in the camp the resort have for little kids...How is that a "family" vacation? How in the world do you leave your three children under three years old ALONE every night when you go out to dine and party KNOWINGLY one of them shout everytime you leave? *sigh* It is just beyond me!

Those twins should be taken away from them for negligence, but again when you look like models and you are doctors, that never happens! rolleyes.gif

11th Sep, 2007 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

Police Portuguese and McCann Madeleine

It was reported in Nancy Grace's show that the Mc Canns have 5 days to return to Portugal. I do not know the accuracy of this report but it would be interesting to see if they plan to fight extradition (after all, if they are called back is because they are going to be charged).

Gerry Mc Cann updated his blog today. If you read his entries before you would realize that this entry sounds nothing like him.

Day 130 - 10/09/2007

The last few days have been incredibly busy and of course, unbelievably stressful and emotionally draining.

On Friday Kate and I were made "arguido"- official suspects in Madeleines disappearance. We cannot comment on any details of the investigation, interviews or any evidence that has been presented to us. We could never possibly have imagined being put in this unbearable situation. No specific charges have been presented at this point and there has been no restriction on our movements imposed.

Despite the anguish and extreme distress this has caused all of our family, long term no one will be able to doubt how intensely Kate and I have been scrutinised. We have absolute confidence that, when all of the facts are presented together, we will be able to demonstrate that we played absolutely no part in Madeleines abduction. Our primary concern has always been the search for Madeleine and this aspect, that our daughter is still missing, must remain a priority for the investigation.

On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons. We decided to fly back on Sunday as we had originally planned and all of our family spent the rest of the evening helping us to pack.

On Sunday we left for the airport at 7am with huge media attention. Camera crews followed us all the way to the airport, and the whole experience, like much of the last four months was incredibly surreal. The flight itself went quickly with Sean and Amelie constantly active and excited about returning to Leicestershire. We always hoped that we would not have to return without Madeleine and could never have imagined the possibility that we would do so as suspects in our own daughters disappearance. The pain and turmoil we have experienced in this last week is totally beyond description. Kate and I are totally 100% confident in each others innocence and our family and friends have rallied round unflinchingly to support us. We would like to thank everyone else for the support we have received since we came home.

We have had very mixed emotions since coming back to our own home. It is very comforting to have such familiar surroundings and our own belongings and the twins have settled straight back in as if they have never been away. We have had numerous visitors with friends and those in official capacities. We have appointed solicitors to advise us and assist our Portuguese lawyer in preparing our defence against any possible charges. The sooner this is done the sooner we can concentrate fully on trying to find Madeleine, which is the most important thing through this unending nightmare.

https://www.findmadeleine.com

I also very curious to know why the Police thinks it was the mother who killed Maddie and NOT her father and why they think her death was "accidental".

11th Sep, 2007 - 2:44am / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police

One of the sad parts of this is that other missing children who are still to be found may be forgotten or ignored because donors will be twice as shy to give after this experience with the McCanns.

QUOTE (Report above)
We have absolute confidence that, when all of the facts are presented together, we will be able to demonstrate that we played absolutely no part in Madeleines abduction.

Oh yeah, you will have to as good a job as they did in the O.J.Simpson trial and then even after that, watch your back because some are going to hate you anyway.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3211 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Sep, 2007 - 12:15pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police - Page 4

JB, I searched a lot about this case. I was reading several forums and MOST people want the fund to be frozen until everything clears up, some people in the UK have actually tried but because it is NOT a charity organization but a private company there is nothing that can be done about it.

This fund was created just 4 days after Maddie disappeared and it has been the SOLELY focus of the Mc Canns since their daughter went missing and they have raised more than US$2 million dollars. How in the world a visit with the Pope or getting a meeting with Laura Bush was going to help to bring their daughter back? Why would the posters they offer online are written in English and Portuguese and NOT in other languages? (as usually happens in missing kid's posters) because they KNEW from day one she was dead and they created this fund at the possibility they get in trouble (as is happening now) and they can use this money to save their butts!

The thing is IF they killed their daughter accidentally,what gets me more mad about them is the coldness, calculation, the planning and just plain NOT remorse for what they have done with all this cover up. We are speaking about a little girl whose body must be somewhere and had not had a proper burial.

From Nancy Grace transcripts:

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight. A beautiful 3-year-old (SIC) little girl, baby Maddie, reportedly snatched during a luxury resort vacation, her parents party at dinner just 100 yards away at the time. Tonight, police naming Maddie`s own mom and dad prime suspects. Police announce they`re set to turn evidence over to prosecutors, reportedly police seeking charges of homicide and concealing the baby`s body.
As we go to air, stunning reports. Baby Maddie`s DNA, possibly blood, found under the carpet of a car trunk, that car rented by Maddie`s family 25 days after she goes missing. Mom and Dad now flee the country, denying any involvement in Maddie`s disappearance. The clock is ticking. Maddie`s parents have just five days to surrender to police, all the while experts continue to comb through evidence from that rental car and the luxury vacation resort where baby Maddie last seen alive.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: A stunning development in the case of missing girl Madeleine McCann, a Portuguese television station now reporting a full DNA match to baby Maddie found in the family`s rental car.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Her parents home now in the UK, waiting to see if they will, in fact, be charged in her disappearance. Now, we told you last week the McCanns now reportedly suspected of accidentally killing Madeleine and then hiding her body. They have hired a high-profile legal team that specializes in protecting the reputations of people under investigation. Portuguese police are turning the case over to the prosecutor`s office tomorrow.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The papers have been reporting that Michael Kaplan (ph) QC has been consulted by the family. Now, he is a well known expert in international criminal law in this country, perhaps best known for preventing the extradition of General Pinochet to Spain.

GRACE: Baby Maddie`s parents named the prime suspects in her death or disappearance. And now we learn that DNA, that bodily fluid we told you about on Friday night, is allegedly blood, baby Maddie`s blood. And where? Under the carpet in the trunk of the rental car the parents rented 25 full days after they reported her missing. We also understand from reports there`s an 80 percent DNA match to baby Maddie....

https://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/10/ng.01.html

Now the whole DNA issue is very tricky, it all depends on the percentage and because the police (by law) cannot give any statements we do not know if it is really 80% (which would mean the body was there) but if it is less than 50% means that it was a "transfer" (maybe someone playing with Maddie's toy and then put it in the car).

Nevertheless, we DO know something. There was a body in that apartment, the "cadaver" dogs smelled it, as well as the car, car keys, Maddie's favorite toy and Kate Mc Cann's Bible. That's a fact.

Oh yeah, you will have to as good a job as they did in the O.J.Simpson trial

Well, they hired top high-profile lawyers! They are ready for anything. I am just saddened the fact they want to charge the mother alone with "accidental" death. ALL the things they have done such as: hiding and disposing body, wasting police time, make money out of their daughter's death, negligence, etc...They should get LONG years but I doubt very much if they hired such good lawyers that they may even spent time in jail. One thing for sure: Their careers are ruined.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2007 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police
A Friend

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

What a sordid web is woven. I would believe that since Portugal and Britain are in the E.U., that it would be relatively easy to remove the parents back to Portugal upon demand. Does seem strange they were allowed to leave when viewed as the suspects in the crime.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,