Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police - Page 6 of 20

Let me tell you guys this case is going crazy! - Page 6 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Oct, 2007 - 6:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (20) »

?
Poll: My STRONGEST feelings about the Madeleine McCann case is that...
  The parents were irresponsible to leave her alone       50.00%
  The father is the biggest suspect       0.00%
  The mother is the biggest suspect       5.56%
  Both parents are suspect       22.22%
  Someone known by the parents is the biggest suspect       11.11%
  Someone completely unknown took her       0.00%
  The police were too slow or inexperienced       11.11%
  The British police could have done more       0.00%
  This case is getting too much attention       0.00%
  I have no opinion at all about this case       0.00%
Total Votes: 18
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Madeleine McCann
The search for Madeleine McCann
30th Sep, 2007 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police - Page 6

Interesting move. The Mc Canns hired an independent investigation agency to look for Madeleine in Morocco as well as interview some of their friends that were with them that night with the hope of refute the police allegations that indicate that they may have been involved in their daughter's disappearance.

Interesting because:

1. A multi-millionaire donor is paying for it. I find it so odd that these two common doctors have so many wealthy individuals willing to financially support them.

2. They have been warned in the past that it is illegal in Portugal to hire such firms since Portuguese law believes only the police can do that. It is illegal EVEN if they are out of Portugal, as long as the Portuguese police is involved.

he parents of Madeleine McCann have hired a team of private investigators to search for her in Morocco amid concerns that Portuguese police are failing to examine fresh sightings.

On the 150th day since Madeleine disappeared, it emerged that a millionaire benefactor is paying tens of thousands of pounds a week for a private security firm to re-interview witnesses and investigate pedophile networks in Morocco.

The McCanns are convinced that Madeleine could have been smuggled to north Africa after four independent sightings of a girl matching her description.

They want the police inquiry refocused onto the search for their daughter and are determined to clear their names after nearly a month of frenzied speculation by Portuguese police and press about their alleged involvement in the death of their daughter. Last week their lawyers made a formal application to the prosecutor for access to a 4,000-page 10-volume police dossier, which would include details of forensics, witness statements and a reconstruction of the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

As part of their defense, a separate team of private investigators, Control Risks, has been taking independent witness statements from the McCanns and the seven friends with whom they dined on the night of Madeleine's disappearance.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2007 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Police Portuguese and McCann Madeleine

This case gets more weird as the time passes. Why do I smell such a massive campaign to try NOT to make the parents look guilty? ALL of the sudden, you are getting sightings of Madeleine everywhere from people who claimed saw her since August and now a Maid who was fired in the resort, kidnaps the child and kill her? spock.gif

Praia da Luz -  A maid who is alleged to have abducted Madeleine McCann as revenge for being fired from the vacation resort where the missing girl was staying is being investigated by Portuguese police.

The identity of the maid was e-mailed to the official website of the Prince of Wales at the end of last week. Police have confirmed that the woman had worked at the Ocean Club resort in Praia da Luz. They have also discovered that the e-mail appeared to have been sent from a computer with an IP address in the Iberian peninsula.

Clarence House immediately informed Scotland Yard of the tip-off and forwarded the details to officers from Leicestershire police, who are leading the inquiry in Britain. The Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall issued a statement soon after Madeleine went missing saying that they were following the case "closely and with deep concern".

A source close to Madeleine's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, said, "We hope that the police will follow up any information given to them. Kate and Gerry are encouraged by anything that focuses on finding Madeleine."

Portuguese detectives have already completed checks on members of staff at the Ocean Club complex when Madeleine was reported missing on May 3, and have been attempting to track down former employees.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Oct, 2007 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police History & Civil Business Politics

Someone is not doing something right eh?

QUOTE (BBC)
The Portuguese detective leading the inquiry into the disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine McCann is removed from the case.

I would like to hear the grounds.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Oct, 2007 - 6:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Police Portuguese and McCann Madeleine

Oh please, no wonder Clarence Mitchell took over as PR for the Mc Canns. He is doing such a terrific job!

Suddenly we hear about Maddie's sightings in Morocco (and people getting paid for taking the pictures by the way), nannies who saw intruders and pose in magazines as they are beauty queens, a very known newspaper having a reporter follow the Portuguese lead investigator for weeks to find ANYTHING against him (interesting move from a magazine eh), absolutely everything to take away the idea of the Mc Canns as the only suspects in the case. More muddy the waters, more credibility to them.

The Portuguese leading detective was accused of being involved in a beat-up of a female in a similar case. Not sure whether is true or not but I can assure you that everything is coming down from the Mc Cann team spin.

Anything to delay the investigation, anything to put mud over the Portuguese police, any other lead (besides the parents), anything that cause confusion is what the new PR guy is doing. He is taking away the bad press and pressure from the Mc Canns, that's his job. He forgets that public opinion matters and a LOT and people do not forget as quickly as they may think.

2nd Oct, 2007 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #

Police Portuguese and McCann Madeleine

So you are saying this is all part of the ploy of the parents to get all the attention of of them and on to the police? What is the stated reason for his dismal from the case?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3209 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

2nd Oct, 2007 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police

There are only speculations at the moment. Some say he finished his work and others that what he said about the British police got him out. He said:

"The British police have been working solely on what the McCanns want and what suits them."

Mr Amaral reportedly accused the McCanns of releasing new information each day in a bid to distract and confuse the inquiry.

https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7024934.stm

That's exactly what I personally think.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Oct, 2007 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police - Page 6

Pat Brown is a criminal profiler and she wrote a blog entry about this case. LONG BUT WORTH THE READING! So please take the time to read the whole entry if you want to find out what is really wrong with the Mc Canns:

"The Moment Madeleine was Taken."

One has to be careful when analyzing from a distance if a particular person or persons is exhibiting guilt concerning the commission of a crime. Until there is hard physical evidence linking a perpetrator or perpetrators to a crime, the case is tried in court and a conviction is handed down by a jury or judge, all is still speculation.

I am asked over and over if I think the McCanns are guilty of the disappearance of their daughter Madeleine. I always answer that I cannot say for sure because at this point I haven't a clue as to the veracity of any of the information coming out of the European tabloid machines. I have to say I have been rather appalled by any media spawning so many "facts" that turn out to be just hearsay. It is not like proposing a theory: speculation is not claiming knowledge and is not lying, but stating something is a fact when it is not, is egregious and the media should not be doing this.

Let's look at the supposed facts: if the DNA from Madeleine in the hire car exists, the McCanns are guilty as hell. If there is blood from Madeleine on the stairs, this only proves she was injured but not by who. If there are sedatives in her hair, this is pretty damning. So much for the "facts." Let's turn toward the McCanns and their behaviors. Behavioral evidence is not conclusive evidence. It is useful in determining investigative avenues to focus on and interview methodology. It is circumstantial evidence and can lend weight to a case in court but rarely can stand alone without physical evidence to support guilt. As a criminal profiler, behavioral evidence is extremely important in analyzing any case and advising police investigators of its meaning within the context of the case.

The McCanns narcissistic behavior is concerning, but they could be narcissistic people who have had they child abducted. One thing I have learned about the family of victims of horrible crimes; whatever you were like before your loved one went missing is exactly what you are like afterward. You don't change. So, if you are a really aggressive person before the crime, you are likely going to be aggressive afterwards and fight to see the crime solved. If you were extremely passive before the incident, you might simply allow the police to do the work and hardly lift a finger. If you were a soft touch previously, you may sob your way through a television appearance. If you were a tough cookie, you may come off as a cold, uncaring, and possibly guilty of wrongdoing.

The McCanns appear pretty narcissistic in their behaviors after Madeleine's disappearance. They worry about their physiques, their clothing, hair, and jewelry, and they like a lot of attention. But, this is exactly how they were before Maddy went missing, so I am not surprised they are acting this way. Their rather off-putting behavior does not mean they are guilty of anything more than child neglect.

But, I have been going back over the actual interviews of Gerry and Kate McCann and one statement sticks in my craw and bugs the devil out of me. It is the one thing that makes me lean toward their guilt even without any physical evidence. This is what Gerry said:

"We felt our actions were responsible. We were essentially performing our own baby listening service although we have talked of the guilt we felt at not being there at the moment Madeleine was taken."

Maybe Gerry just misspoke. Maybe it is similar to the ear pulling thing he did when he denied that he and Kate gave Madeleine sedatives; maybe his ear just itched at that moment and he wasn't lying. Maybe it is like when they left their twins to jet off to see the Pope claiming it was no big deal because their children were in a safe location, the very same town the abductor of their other child might still be loose in; that statement doesn't necessarily mean they know that no real kidnapper is out there. Or when Gerry said that he and his wife Kate were "100 per cent confident" of each other's innocence," maybe this strange wording for parents who child is abducted while they spent the evening in each other's company, maybe I am reading more into it than is necessary. So, maybe this particular statement of Gerry's is also just an odd choice of words. It doesn't prove guilt. But, it does continue to force me to look at them as suspects in the real meaning of the word.

Why?

It is not because he and Kate still think that leaving their children alone is not wrong. We know they have never felt leaving tiny toddlers to fend for themselves constitutes neglect. They have said that over and over. Clearly, they are never going to accept responsibility for their horrendous actions that night. But, firstly, what Gerry admits in that statement is they were only "listening" at the door, not looking in to see if their children are all right. If they are not actually observing their children, they would not know if they were sick, injured, or missing from the room. Gerry has moved away from saying they actually checked on their children to some rather vague "listening" methodology, perhaps, one so distant, that he meant they were close enough that they should be able to hear one of the kids if they left the room screaming for them. Not only that, Gerry basically admits the window for "kidnapping" Madeleine is a whole lot larger than thirty minutes. She could have been 'taken" five minutes after they left the children in bed if they never 'saw" them again until Kate finally decides to not just listen at the door but actually look in on her children. But, more importantly, if Madeleine actually died during the time of the "listening" checks or her body removed during the time of the "listening" checks, it behooves the parents to carefully skirt around having to lie about 'seeing" Madeleine earlier during the evening via visual checks on the children.
But, even this bit of information is not the big problem. It is the very last part of the sentence that rings warning bells to me:

""¦.although we have talked of the guilt we felt at not being there at the moment Madeleine was taken."

First, let's look at what Gerry McCann did NOT say:

"We are horrified that we left our little girl alone and made it easy for a predator to kidnap her."

Okay, that statement would be normal for a nonnarcissit and one who accepts responsibility for their actions, so maybe we shouldn't think Gerry would say that. But, one might think he should have at least said this:
"..although we have talked of the guilt we felt at not realizing it was unsafe to leave Madeleine alone and because we were naïve, we feel guilt that Madeleine was taken while we innocently left her unattended."

This would be a pretty good statement, but, wait, I have to say, again, they are too narcissistic to admit to this large a mistake, so I would guess this is why Gerry didn't say that either. BUT, let's see examine what Gerry REALLY did say and why it is important and very concerning.

""¦the guilt we felt at not being there AT THE MOMENT MADELEINE WAS TAKEN."

9th Oct, 2007 - 6:58pm / Post ID: #

Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police Politics Business Civil & History - Page 6

Let me tell you guys this case is going crazy! The newspapers and tabloids are just reporting anything you can think of. The lab results are ready but nobody really knows what is the result of them as yet. Some papers claim the evidence is "inconclusive" while others state that even though the evidence cannot prove Madeleine is dead, it points right to the parents as being involved so the investigation is right on them.

Now the latest development is VERY interesting. From day one, I have wondered why Gerry and Kate Mc Cann allowed their female and male friends who were dinning with them that night to go and check on their own kids? I always thought it was very odd...I mean, why couldn't they check on their own kids all the evening?

The answer: Simple, maybe Maddie and her twin brother and sister were NOT alone in the apartment but the children of the rest of the group were sleeping in the same room as well. There are witnesses who claim that they saw the friends of the Mc Canns checking only ONE apartment that night...The Mc Cann's. This would answer a lot of things, but one of them is the "silent pact" they seem to have arranged (maybe because we are speaking about kids in one room POSSIBLY sedated?)

Mr O"Brien's partner, Jane Tanner, told police that she had seen a man carrying a girl away from the McCanns" apartment at 9.15pm. However, another witness has insisted that she was not in the area at that time.

A source within the PJ is quoted by 24 Horas as saying: "In face of so many contradictions and in face of the forensics results that we already hold, we have very few doubts that the girl died inside that apartment, and we only have doubts about who concealed the corpse."

The report follows claims in the British media that although tests on samples discovered in the McCanns" apartment and hire car do not prove that Madeleine is dead, they have strengthened the theory that her parents were involved in her disappearance.

A source at the Forensic Science Service in Birmingham, which carried out the tests on behalf of the Portuguese authorities, is reported to have said that the results showed police were right to make the couple arguidos, or official suspects.

However, the McCanns" British law firm, Kingsley Napley, has brought in its own forensic team to explain why the samples may be totally unconnected to Madeleine's disappearance.

The couple insist that any DNA found in the Renault Scenic hired 25 days after Madeleine's disappearance could have been transferred innocently from their daughter's clothing when they moved to a new apartment.

Clarence Mitchell, the couple's spokesman, said today: "Kate and Gerry have nothing to hide at all. They are perfectly happy to answer any of this, if it comes to it. There are wholly innocent explanations for anything the police may or may not have found."

Mr Mitchell said the couple were unable to grieve for Madeleine because they did not know yet what had happened to their daughter. "They need that knowledge whether Madeleine is alive or dead - let's face it, she might be," he said. "They need to know, before they can move on, before they can deal with that...

> TOPIC: Madeleine McCann & Portuguese Police

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,