Geenie's Blog - Page 4 of 4

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS! Have you ever - Page 4 - Public Member Blogs - Posted: 7th Jun, 2009 - 2:05am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Member Blog
24th Sep, 2008 - 9:03pm / Post ID: #
Me

Geenie's Blog - Page 4

WHEN THE SUN SHINES AGAIN

Hello everyone! I am very pleased to announce that I am officially back online! After exactly two whole long months of being disconnected, it feels so wonderful to be here at this forum again!

Well, a lot of good and bad things have happened over the past two months. I am staying very positive and still counting my blessings. All of us here in Trinidad are very fortunate. So far, all the hurricanes are missing this island all the time. And for that, we should be grateful.

There are moments when I think it would be best not to even bother to read the papers. So much violence, political fracas and non stop corruption. Sometimes, when I am brave enough to actually read the newspapers, I usually feel physically ill! Too much sensationalism isn't good for the soul!

I am looking forward to reading the latest topics on this forum and I guess I have a lot of catching up to do!

To all the Trinis out there, I hope you all are having a peaceful Republic Day!

Add a Comment for Geenie
Sponsored Links:
1st Oct, 2008 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #
Me

Blog Geenies

FEELING HOT, HOT HOT!

Today is going to be another scorching day! I am grateful that the people who were victims of horrible flooding, will have the opportunity to dry out their personal effects. I am trying to look on the bright side of things in life and just ignore my "heat" headache.

I am feeling very exhausted these days with the stress of rising early in the morning, just to arrive to work on time. The traffic in Trinidad is getting worse and worse these days. And don't get me started on the driving. The only time people observe proper road safety would be, when there is a police officer standing on the side of the highway. How sad! This is the stage where we are at folks. Where there must be someone physically present to enforce the law! Thank goodness my job is only temporary. I should be coming home soon, so I could burn up the internet with emails and posting on the forum. Who knows, I might even reach Kntoran! (She said with a large toothy grin!)

One of the thngs that I enjoy observing while I am in traffic is, the men who sell nuts. My hubby explained that these men are from the same Rastafarian religion and they get together, make salted roasted nuts and sell on the highway. I think they do very well in sales because I have often seen people stopping to buy nuts. I am very happy that they are making an effort to help themselves, rather than going around from car to car, begging for money.

But then again, what else is there to do when you are in traffic? Eating is a favourable option; play your music loudly, to ignore the boredom of being in traffic, "maco" the person in the car opposite you, talk on your cell or to your spouse. It can be quite boring and exhausting. I suspect this is what is slowly burning me out: the early wake up in the morning and the traffic in the morning and afternoon. I now understand why some people stay at work late, just to avoid the traffic.

Add a Comment for Geenie
24th Feb, 2009 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #
Me

Geenie's Blog Blogs Member Public

CARNIVAL TIME AGAIN!

Well it is my second favourite time of the year: CARNIVAL! No I do not play mas like the other Trinis but I just enjoy spending quality time with my hubby. We decided not to do too much for this lovely long weekend.

Friday 20 February we decided to buy groceries and not wait for Saturday or Sunday, Carnival weekend. My hubby was pleased with the results of my suggestion. The line at the supermarket was tolerable and it was so easy to buy our groceries. No bumper to bumper human traffic. So you could imagine how thrilled we both were to just stop in, quickly buy a few things to survive for the long weekend and hurry out.

Saturday 21 Feb, we decided to just drive around without any particular destination in mind. But we quickly regretted our decision since we did not anticipate so much traffic when we decided to return home. We were stuck in traffic for two hours and the cars were not moving! And to make matters a thousand times worse, a Carnival truck was to the left side of us and you guessed it, endless noise in our heads. We call it noise pollution, while others say very fondly, Carnival music. I cannot fathom how anyone could stand being so close to that truck. All you could hear is like a drum beating right through you eardrums and in your heart. It is impossible for anyone to hear their own thoughts let alone feel their own heart beat. Crazy!

Sunday 22 Feb, we carefully planned to go kayaking. Yes folks, Geenie is definitely a water baby! I just love kayaking. As luck would have it, we were the first ones there and the water was so calm. At first we thought our day would have been spoilt by the rain but the good Lord smiled on us and delivered brilliant sunshine. I raced my hubby and he claims that he won but there is still a lot of debate going on where the winner is concerned. I think it was a photo finish. My hubby said that I have improved compared to the last time. I remember last year, I did mostly spinning in the water and I hardly moved anywhere! After we were too exhausted to even think, we slowly carried our kayaks to shore, paid the guy whom we rented the kayaks from and left. Interestingly enough, more people slowly trickled in and the guy must have been pleased to make a good bit of money from renting his kayaks.

Now lunch. I decided to treat my husband and asked him where he would like to eat. He looked at me smiled and responded that he wanted bake and shark! I laughed because oddly enough, this is exactly what I had on my mind. Well we went to Maracas beach and stood patiently in line by Patsys. My poor hubby complained about being ravenous and became very irritable when the line was at a standstill. He urged me to come with him to Natalies. I looked at the ingredients and noticed that Natalie only had Lettuce, Cabbage, cucumbers, ketchup, mustard, chado beni and tamarind sauce. I immediately returned to Patsy who had a lot more to offer. She had lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, pineapples, red onions, ketchup, mustard, chado beni and tamarind sauce. OF course, greedy Geenie took tomatoes, cucumbers, pineapples, red onions and tamarind sauce with her bake and shark. My hubby's own lunch was ready before mine and at one point, I really thought I was going to faint from hunger. We sat down and greedily devoured our meal. My hubby declared that the sharks were under attack by the Trinis at this time of the year. So many people were eating shark and bake that day or rather, over the Carnival weekend! We were full to the gills and left.

We came home, I washed my hair and set it very early. We were both very exhausted and did not bother to prepare dinner. I informed my spouse that I was not feeling hungry anyway but promised to cook tomorrow.

AH YES, the end of a wonderful day!

Add a Comment for Geenie
14th Apr, 2009 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #
Me

Page 4 Blog Geenies

THE END OF EASTER

Hubby and I had no idea or planned anything special for Easter. We were supposed to attend mas but never did since we both overslept. On Good Friday, we stayed home and just relaxed like to beach whales. On Glorious Saturday, we got up and did some outstanding chores around the house. My hubby mentioned that we needed a few items from the grocery. Funny! I distinctly remember my hubby telling me last week that he had no intentions of going to the supermarket during Easter weekend. He reassured me that it was only two items. Of course, two multiply by ten! At the end of the day, we discussed and emphasized that we should not waste such a lovely long weekend. Easter Sunday, we woke up very early, hastily swallowed our breakfast and headed for La Vega. I haven't been there since last year and I was really looking forward to seeing what kind of plants they had to offer.

When we arrived, I pointed out to hubby that the sign says that La Vega is opened at 9 am and we were there by 8:45 am! We walked in anyway and we greeted by polite staff members who did not seem to be bothered by the fact that we were so early. It seems like we were not the only early birds since others arrived not long after us. It took us a long time to decide what to buy. My hubby and I were looking for Silver Mangrove, Cassia Tree and Oleander. But unfortunately, La Vega had none of these. We were very disappointed but did not leave empty handed. We selected a few plants and were about to leave, when I saw a cage with baby black and white rabbits. I could not resist so I walked towards the cage and peered inside. One baby rabbit that was eating left his food just to run to the front of the cage to greet me. I was so thrilled. One of the La Vega staff laughed and said: "That one definitely wants to go home with you!' I agreed in my mind. He was so cute and cuddly. My hubby began to grow restless so we left.

I asked him where we were going and he happily announced that it was lunchtime. I had no idea we spent so long at La Vega and was looking forward to a hot lunch. We ended up at Maracas Beach and ate Bake and Shark by Richards. It was piping hot and we both eat greedily. After, it was difficult for us to even more since we were both stuffed to the gills. No pun intended. Then it was a long drive home. My hubby mentioned that he wanted to go one more place before we went home and I willingly agreed. We stopped at San Antonio, another plant shop. The plants were not as healthy looking as in La Vega. But wherever we went the prices were the same: really expensive!

We finally went home and I decided to wash my hair while hubby cut the lawn. I felt sticky but contented after a long but fun filled day. I admired the plants we purchased and hubby announced that he wanted more. I laughed and reassured him that we will buy more at another time.

I cannot believe that the time flew by so quickly. There were so many things we wanted to do but just did not plan properly. Anyway, it is always great to spend a long weekend with the one you love and that's what really counts!

Add a Comment for Geenie
7th Jun, 2009 - 2:05am / Post ID: #
Me

Blog Geenies

WHEN IT RAINS IT POURS!

Have you ever wondered why people are always in a hurry these days? If you are going out with friends or family: you are in the car chatting, laughing and the car behind you is honking their horn because the motorist believes that you should be tail gating the car in front of you. So you decide to ignore the horn and they dive (note dive and not drive) in front of you so suddenly, forcing you to slam on your brakes. Mind you, the motorist "more vex" than you!

Have you ever wondered if some people were really raised by wolves? Imagine patiently standing in line in a popular fast food place: EL PECOS. After paying for your food, you turn around to join the queue for condiments such as ketchup, mustard, pepper sauce, tartar sauce, barbeque sauce etc. I asked my hubby what he wanted and he responded barbeque sauce. I opened his food container and proceeded to pour the sauce on his chicken. I stopped to close his container and started to open mine. Would you believe that the guy behind me, grabbed the spoon and began to pour it all over his food? Well so much for having manners! And what really got me so irate, he left, came back and was bragging to a friend about how he pushed his way ahead of me. Well if that is all he has to talk about, I feel really sorry for him! Poor fella! It must have been hard for him, struggling to survive in the forest with the wolves and having no human contact...

Have you ever wondered if people understand the concept of joining a queue? My poor hubby decided to stop at Peake's gas station for gas and to purchase a newspaper. While he was in line to buy gas, there was a short, stocky fellow who decided to squeeze his way in front of my spouse. Well my hubby was in a foul mood that day and was not going tolerate this nonsense. My hubby loudly announced to the guy, "Partner, the line is behind me!" Would you believe that the man grudgingly moved behind my spouse and was "more vex" than him!

Have you ever wonder why you even bother to assist anyone in a supermarket? I couldn't help but think about this while my spouse and I were in line, purchasing groceries from Tru Valu Long Circular mall branch. A tall, scrawny lady with bright eyes, politely asked if she could cash two 5 gallon bottles of water before me. I said yes, since I did not see anything wrong with being nice. But who tell me to do that. The lady waited for her change and saw her friend at the back of the line (there were about 15 people in line) and beckoned her to come. Much to my amazement, the woman smiled and eased her way up to the front of the line before me. Well the steam began to flow freely from my ears and I do believe that the scrawny lady saw it since she turned to me and said, "thanks for letting me go in front of you!" I said in my mind, never again lady!

In another incident, same supermarket mind you, but this time, my hubby was the victim. My spouse forgot to pick up a bottle of ketchup and I offered to run for it while he stood in line. When I came back, I saw him looking very harassed and agitated. I softly asked him what was wrong. He shook his head and signalled to me that we will talk about it in the car. I became very concerned since I wondered if he was feeling sick. I was not far from wrong. He was sick, sick and tired of Trinis... While driving out of Tru Valu, he explained to me what happened. He was waiting in a very long line (there were about 20 people) and a woman in front of him, pushed her trolley up as the other person before her, was cashing her items. My spouse did not see any reason to push his trolley up because he would be too close to the lady's behind. Well a short, fat girl came out from behind him and proceeded to order (not ask) my spouse to move up. She urged him to push his trolley up more because there was a space. At that point my spouse was livid. He drove four hours in traffic, had to endure a long line at the supermarket and to top it all off, someone telling him when to move. He glared at her and raised his voice and said: "Look lady, I know when to move my trolley, so please stop giving me orders!" She was shocked and retreated behind her 7 ft tall boyfriend. Who seemed just as surprised as she was, when my spouse responded. The woman in front of my hubby looked back at him and began to giggle very nervously. Hmmm and to think I missed all that!

I could only come to one conclusion about Trinis. I suppose the rumours are true....Some of us were raised by wolves and not human beings! rolleyes.gif

Add a Comment for Geenie
+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Geenie's Blog

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,