H1B Visa

H1b Visa - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 21st Apr, 2017 - 2:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
USA Immigration - H1-B
15th May, 2007 - 1:41am / Post ID: #

H1B Visa

This is the most seeking visa in the US because it is one that Immigration considers as "Dual intent", meaning the worker will apply for permanent residency. This year the cap was 85,000 (65,000 for skilled workers and 20,000 for those with advanced degrees). The earliest date Immigration accepts the application is April 1st, can you believe the ANNUAL quota was filled before the day was over? They receive 130,000 applications and they had to randomly select 65,000.

There is a bill in the Congress that hopes to increase the 65,000 to 115,000 for 2009. The category for advance degrees would disappear if the bill is approved.

President Bush:

international QUOTE
WASHINGTON -- President Bush yesterday called for an increase in the federal cap on H-1B visas, an issue he said he feels "Strongly" about and wants to work with Congress to make happen.

Bush did not mention H-1B visas in his Tuesday address to Congress, but at DuPont he told employees: "I also want you to know I understand that we need to make sure that when a smart person from overseas wants to come and work in DuPont, it's in our interests to allow him or her to do so." His remarks were included in a transcript of his speech to the DuPont workers.

"We've got to expand what's called H-1B visas," said Bush.

The president went on to say, "I feel strongly about what I'm telling you. It makes no sense to say to a young scientist from India, 'You can't come to America to help this company develop technologies that help us deal with our problems.' So we've got to change that…,  change that mind-set in Washington, D.C. I know we can work together on that."
Source

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Apr, 2008 - 12:50pm / Post ID: #

Visa HB

Name: Williams

Comments: I'm on H1B visa which will be expired the beginning of 2007 (already extended once for 3 years). My lawyer told me that I could extend yearly while waiting for my labor cert to be approved.

Does anyone know if I decide to resign and happen to get a new job that they're willing to sponsor for H1B, will I get another H1B starting as year one again? My lawyer told me that if the job is similar, we can use the same labor cert application but I think my new job would be a bit different than what I'm doing.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2014 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

H1B Visa History & Civil Business Politics

Match H-1B reform with domestic tech training: Shinal

Obama's plan makes it easier to be a foreign tech worker. He should match the reform with domestic tech training. Ref. Source 6

20th Dec, 2015 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Visa HB

An interesting thing I just read is that on May 2015, Obama made a change. In the past, a spouse of an H1B visa holder couldn't work. Now they can apply for a work permit with no restrictions which includes, self-employment or even start a business. See: Source 3h

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

29th Nov, 2016 - 12:18pm / Post ID: #

Visa HB

Is the H1B visa to the USA going to end under a Trump led government or is it just going to be streamlined somehow?

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 28 ActivistPoliticianActivist 2.8%

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa

The H-1B visa curb could benefit these countries

Increasingly tough measures for H-1B visa applicants are most likely to benefit countries such as Singapore and Poland, a new report says Ref. Source 3i.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa

H-1B visa holders may get more expensive, more educated

The President's new Executive Order is light on details but seems to look toward an auction-like system for the popular visas. Ref. Source 1e.

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2017 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

H1B Visa Politics Business Civil & History

Slashing H-1B visas won't stop offshoring abuse

The CEO of Nexient, a domestic outsourcer of IT work, says you have to understand the role visas plays in offshoring Ref. Source 5y.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: H1B Visa

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,