Gun Permit

Gun Permit - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Jun, 2007 - 2:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Would you buy a gun for your 10 month old?
  Yes       12.50%
  No       87.50%
Total Votes: 8
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Post Date: 17th May, 2007 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Gun Permit

BABY 'BUBBA' GETS A GUN PERMIT

"Bubba" Ludwig can't walk, talk or open the refrigerator door -- but he does have his very own Illinois gun permit.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2007/US/05/15/baby.gun.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
23rd May, 2007 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

Permit Gun

This is sickening.

Ludwig, 30, of Chicago, applied for the card after his own father bought Bubba a 12-gauge Beretta shotgun as a gift. The weapon will probably be kept at Ludwig's father's house until the boy is at least 14.

What sort of irresponsible idiot would buy a 10-month old a firearm? And how on earth is 14 a responsible age for someone to use firearms? How many more gun massacres need to take place before law makers wake up and smell the coffee. A firearm is designed to kill. There is no other purpose for guns. They are not house ornaments or toys, they are deadly weapons.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

23rd May, 2007 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

Gun Permit History & Civil Business Politics

What an idiocy. We are talking about a baby here who cannot even walk! It's scary to think there are parents out there doing this type of stupidness.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

23rd May, 2007 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Permit Gun

This was most likely done symbolically as a show to say that his son will be just like him one day. The intelligence behind it is based on old world thinking or should I say survival concepts. Islamists do similar things with their children don't they? Historically, children were often given weapons from a very young age. Indirectly today don't you see children and babies playing with gun shaped weapons - is the signal any different? Not really.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

25th May, 2007 - 8:47am / Post ID: #

Permit Gun

I think this man was motivated by a couple of factors. To make a symbolic statement and to have his 5 minutes of fame (why else would he publicise this other than to get on TV?). There is the chance this guy also publicised it to exploit how ludicrous the system is but granddad came out to quash that theory.

I still believe it sets a terrible example. This kid is basically going to be encouraged to use firearms when he is 14 years old. That is very dangerous. No child at 14 is mature enough to be using deadly weapons. Would it be acceptable to teach 14 year olds how to use machetes as they do in poor war ravaged African countries?

I am not sure if Islamists do teach their kids to use guns? It is certainly not in the Koran. There are lawless parts of the Middle East where children do use guns to protect themselves. But these are societies that have deteriorated due to war and suppression. They are not first world countries that are at peace and enjoy a high standard of living.

International Level: Negotiator / Political Participation: 453 ActivistPoliticianNegotiator 45.3%

25th May, 2007 - 9:51am / Post ID: #

Gun Permit

I would thank the guy for making the application and acceptance public. It shows a severe hole in the system. How young is too young and at what age should you be allowed to apply alone. Hopefully, the publicity will see to it that some lawmakers actually do some work here.

Grandpa needs to get a grip on what is a good and what is not a good present for this age. I am sure that Bubba would enjoy a mobile or some other quality Fisher Price toy at this age. Heck, get him a a plastic gun that shoots Nerf balls or something if the gift has to explode in some fashion. A gun at 10 month...I almost want to know what young Bubba gets at 24 months. The mind reels with potential thoughts...

I would take it that they are a hunting family. If so, then 14 is about the right age for him to go on his first hunt. Unless Bubba is a big guy at 14, a shot gun blast will just about knock him over. Any way, the gun should still stay locked up by dad until Bubba is of age.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 25th May, 2007 - 9:53am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th May, 2007 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Gun Permit

I do not think the shot gun here in question is a problem. I grew up in farm country one learns to shoot at 4 or 5 usually a pellet gun or so then at 9 or 10 upgrade to the 22 to shoot rodents, by 14 you are able to go hunt big game.

Now having said that I also would be hoping the parents are able to teach the youngster proper handling and use and explain what a gun is for. Yes guns are used to kill so is electricity and various chemicals. Why are those ok? I think because they are harder to kill with (the attempt is slow and more obvious. Knives are just as bad, have you removed all of them from the kitchen or did you not just simply ensure they are stored correctly and that your children know just how dangerous they can be.

I will also point out rifles and such are for hunting a handgun is designed specifically to hunt humans at close range. They are highly inaccurate in long distance thus of little or no use. I know some do hunt with them but in general I think that is rare.

If my father who is 70 decided to give my child a gun I would let it be so as who knows how much longer the grandfather might live. I say this as a gift is always given to the recipient not another adult who may decide to register it in their own name and sell it at their own whim.

I know I am going to catch the flak on this but thats ok.

International Level: Senior Politician / Political Participation: 188 ActivistPoliticianSenior Politician 18.8%

5th Jun, 2007 - 2:17pm / Post ID: #

Gun Permit Politics Business Civil & History

I can understand the need for guns on a farm. However, I cannot understand the need for a baby to have a gun? Regardless of grandpa's intentions, I think the wider issue if that the law needs changing if a baby can be registered as a gun owner. It just appears that it is too easy for people to get hold of firearms in the US. I understand the right to protect yourself with the use of firearms is in the US Constitution, but I question whether encouraging the use of firearms is creating a safer of more dangerous society? This child won't know much about his present at this age, but I just hope he doesn't one day have an accident.

You can't really compare guns to knives. Guns are more dangerous and are designed to kill animals. Knives have many purposes.

I agree with Vincenzo in that there are many more appropriate presents that are less dangerous. I hope the publicity from this story fuels change in the legislation.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Gun Permit

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,